The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Will dead by daylight ever increase the frame rate cap?

Akeeno
Akeeno Member Posts: 89

in the ptb update i noticed they added a similar feature like dlss, but i dont see the reason for it since the frame rate cap is 120, and no ray tracing, so?

Answers

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068
    edited August 6

It can help ensure you maintain that FPS more often. If you are playing at higher settings and higher resolutions, upscaling techniques like XeSS or DLSS make a huge difference. My input lag also goes down when I use XeSS as my GPU doesn't have to work as hard to push out 120 FPS; thus meaning less heat output as well.

Side Note: I think the only reason BHVR has opted to use XeSS over DLSS is because its open source and works on every video card, unlike DLSS which only works on NVIDIA video cards.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373

I'm pretty sure they cap frame rate because it causes issues with characters

Example weskers hug tech is way easier at lower fps

• pa4n
    pa4n Member Posts: 50

I changed my game a year ago to run on 120 fps, but after some updates it is back to 60. Is there an other way to change it back to 120 fps other then in the game files? Because i always have a bad feeling messing around with that stuff…I don't want to get banned

• DisguisedCroco
    DisguisedCroco Member Posts: 2

its probably just laziness rather than anything tbh. The fsr in the game is still fsr 1.0 which is awful for retaining a decent image quality

• ChickenDR4MST1CK
    ChickenDR4MST1CK Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 9

What happens when you have a live service game from 2016?

It stays old and broken.