The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DBD could be so much better. Is this still DBD or is it already a kind of Fortnite ?

joel84
joel84 Member Posts: 229

Well, yes,

I can see where this is going, and I'm seriously worried right now. Here some things….

2v8 let's start with that:

Fun modifier, feels like Survivors in a arcade mode or Killers on steroids. Some like it, some don't. I'm someone who doesn't like this mode, and I have different reasons why. But thats just my Opinion. Dont worry.

"Your reactions to 2v8 over the last two weeks have blown us away, and we've heard your calls for the mode to be extended beyond its planned end date loud and clear."

Wait a minute, did I read "your call"? I'm not one of them and I have a problem with such statements because they usually refer to us or a large proportion of us.

What about those who agree with me exactly? Are they now unimportant?
The waiting times in 1vs4 mode are just impossible and I don't fancy such long Qs. I'm sorry, but extending the event is just a terrible decision and I'll be glad when it's over. Until then I will take a break...

The next thing: the store and the outfits

I understand very well that tastes are different, and I can definitely understand if someone likes an outfit or not, but what I see lately are just a bunch of colorful, glittery and shiny bling bling outfits....

Where is this going or what does it have to do with style? In any case, you can't hide well with these outfits.

Now you could argue: If you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't worry, I won't do that either, but if you compare the outfits of the last few months with those of today, a trend is emerging.

And what about killer outfits like the Dredge? A buddy of mine bought "Crustacean Threat" and what can I say? You can't see anything because the whole screen is full with stuff. What were the developers thinking? You spend so much money and then you get something like this. In any case, my buddy is visibly unhappy.

The next thing: veins on prestige weapons

For heaven's sake, please remove them finally from the weapons. A lot of people and I like to play with prestige weapons, but do they have to have pink veins? That's so unrealistic. I thought the developers wanted to put more emphasis on realism in the future ? Error display

Now I've moaned and groaned so much. Will this change anything?

I hardly think so. Do I feel better now? Not really

Perhaps someone would like to write something positive about it or prove me wrong.

I dont know 🙄

Comments

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,837
    edited August 8

Any pink veins on prestige weapons is a bug, as all prestige weapon veins is and have always been meant to be red.

Post edited by Smoe on
  • sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 386

It's interesting that the only people I've seen who don't want 2v8 expanded and made permanent are killer mains. Keep in mind you're a minority of the playerbase, and as a company BHVR has a duty to make the most players satisfied.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,060

It's only Fortnite in that it caters to casuals above all else. All of the chapters this game has gotten have been within the realm of horror, a survivor, or a killer. 2v8 didn't change this. Now the outfits, you're onto something. Some of them are straight-up dumb, from bunny ear Feng, to milk man Hillbilly, to Yui with gigantic fox tails.

• Jim_Tonic
    Jim_Tonic Member Posts: 513

Are you unironicly mad they are listening to the majority? I can understand being frustrated about some decisions, had that aswell alot. But why would they listen to anybody else BUT the majority? They cant possibly please litteraly everyone.

• Jim_Tonic

why would killer mains out of anything dont like 2v8? Its the only way you can play killer with a friend. Why would that be disliked by killer mains?

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

I'm not fussed that they're extending 2v8. I'm playing 1v4 and, as a survivor main, my wait times aren't affected. I sympathise with killer mains though. I also wanted an extension on Chaos Shuffle and we got one, so I can't complain.

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 170

-2v8 got an overwhelmingly positive response and you shouldn't be surprised it got extended like that was obvious the moment we saw a ton of comments calling for 2v8 to be permanent.

-Outfits in DBD have always been colorful? I don't get this point not to mention most people don't like hiding and want to be chased so how vibrant their outfit is is largely irrelevant.

I don't really see what any of this has to do with fortnite? Granted I know very little about it but from the little I do know DBD doesn't seem to becoming like fortnite at all although I've seen the claim a lot lately. I feel like people realized DBD isn't dying anytime soon and know they can't be taken seriously claiming that so now the new doomsaying line DBD is turning into fortnite which can basically be translated to "I don't like this thing added to DBD" and has nothing to actually do with fortnite.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 645

Keep in mind that if you don't have Killer mains your queue times would be insane as survivor. Killer mains tolerate the insane queue times in 2v8 so you & your pals can have almost instant queues and have fun. They tolerate it because it's a time limited event and they also have fun even though they only get to play 2-3 games per hour. They won't tolerate permanent queue times of 15-25 mins in both modes though and will most likely quit to play another game that doesn't involve sitting about twiddling their thumbs waiting 15+ mins to play a game that lasts 10 mins.

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 710
    edited August 9

Tbf we JUST had 3 back to back non horror chapters so we cant really say that all chapters are within the realm of horror. Everything else does feel like a nitpick I will agree though

Also bunny feng was originally created in like 2016/early 2017 if I recall correctly, they just didn't know how to add her until like 2019 I think

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

2vs8 hurting 1vs4 is not even true my 1vs4 queque times were instant on killer.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

Game having more than one gamemode is bad when? Fortnite was back then so popular because it had multiple different gamemodes switching regularly apart from having still multiple pernament gamemodes.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,817

What does any of that have to do with Fortnite?

• Jim_Tonic

Even then you can for the first time ever have a teammate with a random even.