We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Countering NOED... in 2v8

LordGlint
LordGlint Member Posts: 8,414

Anyone else seeing survivors cleansing dull totems in this gamemode instead of doing gens? Lol

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,268
    edited August 13

This is kinda like saying "if killers were more powerful they wouldn't need to camp and tunnel".

Players are going to optimise their games however they can, and if there's a way they can win even more, even faster, they will.

It may technically be correct, but it doesn't always work out in practice that doing the opposite of a problem solves that problem.

• Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 302

I can say, I have prioritized totems over gens in some matches due to some tome requirements. There are a few that require 15 or 20 times cleansed. Much easier to do in 2 v 8 so makes sense many people want to use the mode to finish up some annoying tomes they previously missed. And like others have said, if the situation looks dire then totems are another source of BP other than gens and escaping.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 933

When incentives were at %400 i would break every bone i find. They're worth like 5K BPs each so yeah I'm touching them all.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,164

There was a time where I didn't camp 2nd stage or tunnel, but now I've had to do it so much it physically feels bad to pass up a tunnel opportunity. So both can be true, but it depends on where the killer player is at. Are they just going for chases, or are they optimizing?

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I've cleansed totems in 2v8 for tome challenges or some extra BP at the end.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,819

Sometimes people want points.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 933

Are tome challenges even counted for our even possible to do in 2v8 mode? No not the 2v8 tome the standard tomes we get like every 2 months.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,642
  • LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,414

I've noticed it doesn't work on alot of them. I have one that's "Get X kills by any means" and I'm getting no progress.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,002

A lot of people were doing this especially when the 400% BP matchmaking incentive was on for the extra BP :)

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,268
    edited August 13

Yeah, I've managed to complete the "hook x survivors during EGC" challenges in 2v8, however the "complete x sacrifices during EGC" doesn't seem to work.

Meanwhile the "injure x survivors" challenges seem to progress even when the other killer injures them.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

I do it because I don't give enough of a crap as Survivor to wanna win every match, and it baffles me there's people who do. I prefer Killer and solely play Survivor for BP and to hang out with friends.

• Pit_Bull_Love
    Pit_Bull_Love Member Posts: 47

There is a tome challenge to cleanse totems. I think it's the regular tome, but could have been a past tome I was completing. Those were the only totems I took out. So that could be part of the issue

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

I believe totems shouldn't have exists because it's literally nothing but a noob trap, extremely bad design on your side

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,693

Maybe. I've watched as nearly every "not gens" activity for survivors gets removed, then watch as people demand more gen time and/or stronger slowdown in response.

A great example, people want to say that circle was overtuned, fine. But currently boons aren't worth running, and admittedly having survivor go find and bless a totem at the start of the game is absolutely a task they will voluntarily do. Just not with the current state of boons. So, for example, if they added "survivors running circle of healing can self care in any circle of healing boon" would be a good way to improve the perk and address the old complaint of "one perk for the whole team". Free slowdown, an optional task that people clearly can want to do if it's even remotely worth it.

Similar things can be said for BU+FtP, or BP+FB. It's survivors choosing not to be on gens, and killers complain until it gets deleted and survivors go back to just doing gens.

Either we need to have things that aren't gens that are also worth doing that can be used to slow down the game, or we need to accept that "gen rush vs tunneling" is what we really are driving for in the end.

And, to your point, it doesn't change that people will want to win regardless of what you put in place. The game has generally been "sweatier side wins" for most of its lifetime. But, and I can't emphasize this enough, there's a huge difference in how this plays out in reality.

Survivors are basically expected to lose the game, and going up against a killer who wants to sweat is just simply a loss most of the time now. It's not fun, but MMR is the only thing punishing the killer for doing so.

Killers in general, on the other hand, seem to expect to win and many get horribly bent out of shape of survivors are playing to win. The loss is unacceptable, and it feels like a lot of people come and post here instantly after a game like that, instead of just accepting that you never should win every PVP match ever, and letting MMR put you where you belong.