The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Slippery Meat Rework Idea

SoGo
SoGo Member Posts: 809
edited August 16 in Feedback and Suggestions

I decided to rework Slippery Meat into a perk that interacts with the AFC mechanic and makes it more useful. All feedback is very welcome.

New effect:
• Increases the AFC range by 2/4/6 m.
• The AFC progresses 15% faster.

If you think that some of these effects are too much, let me know.

Post edited by SoGo on

Comments

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,893
    edited August 16

I think the AFC during End Game collapse isn't needed, the killer has nothing else to defend at that point and puts them in a lose/lose situation. Coming back for the save should always be dangerous for altruistic survivors.

Otherwise I think this is a solid change, giving a decent anti-camp perk to the general perk pool.

• Jim_Tonic
    Jim_Tonic Member Posts: 513

"The AFC mechanic stays active during the endgame."

horrible, horrible.. really horrible. If you wouldve left that one away this would have been a completely fine suggestion but this is just over the top. Why even have hooks active at endgame then? could aswell just make them be broken as soon as the gates are opened, would be the same outcome.

• SoGo

First thing, thanks for responding. I was starting to worry that this discussion was just going to go unnoticed by everyone.

Second thing, thanks for letting me know that one part was too much.

• frictionless
    frictionless Member Posts: 8

I like that a lot, the game has needed a change to move past the last few remnants of luck being a hard-coded mechanic and AFC can often feel really underwhelming as a mechanic. Personally, I don't feel like allowing AFC during collapse would be too overbearing if the perk reverted its bonus AFC buildup and range and had the mechanic work as it normally does. Having a tool to discourage endgame facecamping wouldn't be super impactful, since it would really only come into play in situations where a survivor is being left on the hook without any rescue and the killer remains nearby for a really prolonged period. All it would really do is make killers play a little more predictively and try to get trades out of unhooks in endgame which is already their exact goal.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 777

I would still keep it‘s old effect and add those on top

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 991

If you let the killer know they can't come within 30 or whatever meters then sure

• SoGo

That would kind of defeat the whole purpose of it, wouldn't it? If a killer is camping, by letting them know that this perk is in play, it's like you tell them "Hey, you actually have to go 6 m further to camp"