The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DS change

Brix
Brix Member Posts: 127
edited August 21 in Feedback and Suggestions

One thing i would love to see with DS that if the killer gets hit by DS, the Power gets set to 0 and recharges if it is a token/CD based power. Meaning DS for Nurse and Blight would actually hurt and others who otherwise could down easily with power again. And most lower tier Killers dont even have that requirement since their power is traps or M1 based with a side power and not token or CD based.

So it would struck the higher tier killers harder and the lower once would only suffer from the stun.

I feel like thats the best way to fine tune DS to make it an anti tunneling perk worth even vs Blight/Nurse.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 450

I would really like that before that change is implemented, we get a solution for DS being used offensively.

Survivors with DS still bodyblock and pull aggro knowing they're safe and "can just be slugged" meaning you dont chase down the other person while they get picked up as the safety timer on DS is decently long.

It's not fun.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

They have said they're never doing this because of the design complexity it opens up.

• Toystory3Monkey
  • Brix

I mean they said this to a few things which and made it in like chucky for example.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,826

It is still pressure though. We agree it would be nice to have a solution for that, but a slug is effectively a useless survivor until someone gets them (which is 2 not working) unless they got a way to pick themselves up.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183
    edited August 20

Yeah but they reconfirmed this like a month or two ago. Not happening anytime soon.

• Toystory3Monkey

Which is why Im saying that in the context of buffing DS even further, please dont ignore the context of the thread.

If OP wants DS buffed - offer a solution for DS being weaponized, alas there's none, therefore DS shouldnt get buffed due to situations like this.

• Rulebreaker

If OP wants DS buffed - offer a solution for DS being weaponized, alas there's none, therefore DS shouldnt get buffed due to situations like this.

Why not? As killer, you choose who you go after and who you don't want. If a survivor body blocks its the killers choice to smack and continue, wait then smack and pick up, and also perfectly able to leave slugs (and in this instance is where rational survivors can't whine about it), etc. Adding on the effect wouldn't be to terrible (It'll probably add bugs to Nemi and like but thats a separate issue)

Which is why Im saying that in the context of buffing DS even further, please dont ignore the context of the thread.

So correct us if we're missing something. In the OP, they wish to have DS set powers that need charges and tokens to 0 should the killer be hit with DS. Your argument is you want something to make it unable to be weaponized first. Firellius argues its free pressure and doesn't see an issue. You next say that its not pressure (or your wording strongly implies it at any rate) and your losing a chance to apply bigger pressure. We then reaffirm its still pressure though. What are we ignoring?

• Toystory3Monkey
    edited August 21

Im not going to argue with you about things Im not going to change my mind on because I have thousands hours of conscious experience validating my belief. Your words mean nothing to me as I know they're factually wrong. Spare me of a semantics talk, thanks.

Slugging DS person is losing pressure instead of gaining it. You miss out on the opportunity to hit/down a person you could hook and therefore proc your anti gen perks or secure a stage / kill because you must hit a person weaponizing defensive perks.

If that wasnt the case people wouldnt be doing that because it would be suboptimal. It isn't the case though. Therefore I firmly believe buffing DS even more will make its offensive usage even more annoying and powerful which is not what would make the game better.

Have a good day.

• Rulebreaker

And if others have thousands of hrs proving those beliefs are "factually wrong"…where does this leave you. You want to disagree, fine and fair, but calling it factually wrong is itself factually wrong.

Slugging leaves said survivor on the dirt which under common circumstances needs others to pick them up as we've stated. Said slug is effectively in time out until healed. And the best part is we can add on to this. After you get them, your then free to move on to other survivors which would then increase pressure as now that's more survivors occupied on things other than gens. And should they choose gens before friends, depending on how good the killer is would leave them in a precarious situation.

On to the next part. You hit the blocker you know has been recently unhooked. K, now did you completely lose the other one? As we've also said before, you as a killer are free to chase others, so what is stopping you from continuing onto the rescuer? Inefficiency? Would you then not be inefficient because your gambling on said blocker having DS or not instead of the one you know can't use it? Loops? Burn a pallet and find someone new or just say f that. Hit and run has been a thing since forever.

Third, this specific buff of the OP would only hurt the part of the cast that can easily recover from it (GF and Meyers are the only 2 we can think of atm that it would really feel it undeservingly). Regardless of even that, you think a good Billy or Nurse and the like would care much anyway? Doubtful, and they're the types who can most easily avoid it. Would this make DS more powerful? Yes, it's called a buff for a reason. Will it make it more annoying? Only to those who forget there's easy work around.

• Toystory3Monkey

Again, if it wasnt good for survivors, they wouldnt be doing that. Why do you ignore that? You made sure to write an essay on a hypothetical scenario that suits your narrative but ignored the actual argument.

Also, here's a cherry on top: Devs not only arent going to buff DS, they proceeded to nerf it in one of the previous recent patches after letting 5s DS that was objectively worse than pre 6.1.0 version to exist for 1.5 months officially (and 1.5 months thanks to a bug). Seems like devs too recognize DS isnt a healthy perk and just a necessary evil they have to cope with until they get a better solution for blatant tunnelling.

• Brix

Might be overkill…………BUT what if DS deactivates when the killer gets a hook which isnt on the Survivor with DS active? Since then it would technically not be tunneling.

I just wish Killers got equally punished when hit by DS. And this isnt a thing where i want to killer be miserable but someone like Trapper/Ghostface hurts DS so much more then like Nurse/Blight and such killers.

But i think it will be an endless problem with no solution in side sadly.

• Rulebreaker

You have yet to actually explain what we are missing. What is the actual argument, that DS can be weaponized? We understand people can weaponize it and we also understand that we can effectively ignore it and it can backfire. It's not always good and in a majority of cases we've seen since it's change, it has been detrimental, they keep trying to weaponize it because they want to annoy the killer. Your also straight up denying how slugging a survivor whom is trying to weaponize DS creates pressure (which is what we Rulebreakers we're talking about). We have thrown points in on how it does create pressure, yet you are just saying nope you wrong. You say we're missing out on an opportunity to get a hook because we must smack the weaponizer, how? Did we magically lose the rescuer? It might make it harder to catch them, but it's well within a competent players ability to get them. What. Are. We. Ignoring?

As to this second one, we honestly don't give much of a damn about DS as long as it fill 3 reasonable conditions, which even with ops buff, still does.

• Toystory3Monkey
    edited August 21

Deactivating DS on hook would be a good start, but I dont think it would be sufficient, especially in the context of given example where you getting a hook on the other survivor usually means the DS bodyblock has already failed, unless the trade is the case.

I dont think there's a fair way to prevent offensive DS and buff it.

I think it would be better if that nerf is applied directly to blight/nurse/spirit as the worst offenders. Ofc there are other killers who could deal with DS just as easily like Huntress/Singularity/Deathslinger, but they arent strong enough to warrant the nerf. This way you dont have all killers with loosely token/charge based powers punished collectively for the issue caused by the particular killers.

Nurse especially is long overdue losing her power over stuns because otherwise she catches up way too fast.