We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Man, what happened to this game?

Grigerbest
Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,630

I haven't played this game for so long, but It feels SO good to play now. Both survivors and killers.

I played 12 matches, and I'm sorry, but I have to say, I completely forgot how to play and how obstacles and loops look like, and I haven't checked updates and news, but what the heck? It's amazing!

It runs so smooth now, everything loading so fast, the ping is always low…

The graphics looks so clean, much brighter and colorful, I remember I was always using nvidia filters to make the game look like that, but now I don't use it! It looks amazing with 0 filters!

I played 6 or 7 survivor matches and every single match is a different killer. I don't remember this happening before… Ofc I got killed on all of them, but let me tell you - 0 tunneling, my teammates were so good, the Nemesis was so funny to face. :D

And as a killer - the matches were really tough, ngl, survivors I faced were really sweaty, 100% I haven't faced a single swf. But it was super fun and survivors were always such a good sports, I'm baffled.

Out of all of my matches - I've encountered 0 bugs. I'm not overexaggerating literally 0 bugs. I can remember before… I was getting stuck at invisible walls on certain maps, there were some glitches here and there with the trees and killer's ability, but now… Not a single one.

I noticed a new look in the shop, looks so cool, took me some time to figure out how it works, but still, much better in my opinion.

Man… The game changed. I don't know what happened, again - I haven't checked any news or updates, but I feel like I'm going to do it now… I'm pretty certain they're updated the graphics.

A good time to be back at the game, I guess? I was very satisfied and pleased.

Comments

• Bravobro
    Bravobro Member Posts: 167
    edited August 20

Yeah the Game itself is mouch better.

But know one Thing this Game has now mmr. If you Play good, the Matches becomes harder and harder. This can Go so hard that every Match are Games vs sweaty Teams and Killers and If you are at this Point you have No Return. But If you Play every Game Over chill you have chill Matches for ever.

Edit: the Ranks are now Not a Help to See how good you are the system Change to a invisible Ranking system for matchmaking.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,819

I don't think it's perfect, but imo it's in a very good state for both sides. Glad to see you are having a good time.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Yeah, game is actually much better and fairer in comparison to past, the amount of improvement is really insane if we look at it

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,694

Oh, the game is better—objectively. Despite what doomposters might tell you, it has steadily improved, with a bump in the road here or there.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 1,007

The True Fault of Dead by Daylight.

The "I Need Wins To Enjoy Life" mentality. "I need to embarass the opposing side, to feel good and be impressive to others"

Hell Is Other People - Jean-Paul Sartre

The Game itself is graphically high quality as it ever has been. Fun experiences with every now and then glitches that is not game breaking, but funny.

So many choices to pick from character to perk (and yet sadly the Meta is king for those tryhards).

And...More and more licensed characters to come.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,715

Congrats. It's always nice to come back after a break and enjoy a game again. I wish you many more good matches. Keep up the good vibes.

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 247

The op comments is a dev post for sure :)

It's like an advert for the game.

Come on tell the truth you're a dev.

I enjoy the game and glad your enjoying it too. Nice to read something positive for a change.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 696

Dude, i dont know, but i glad to know u can enjoy your matches, but, try to play more 😅 and back to here after AHAHA. The game is MUCH better in so many aspects. Graphics, mechanics, but, never was so competitive than right now.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,918

Play consistently for a weak, then check back in. The high’ll die down. lol

• MrT1412
    MrT1412 Member Posts: 111

Taking into account suicides on hook, yeah it is fair. Play some more killer and you'll see how often survivors just quit the game, inflating the kill rates.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388

they won’t, they never do.even when eeeeeevery match is miserable, they still keep playing

• Ricardo170373
    edited August 20

Because i love this game, but the Soloq matches are unplayable, and i try 2 or 3 matches and after this i move to killer, and playing killer my experience is competitive too, agaisnt to strong squads and survivors players, but still better to play than SoloQ.

Killer - fine to play today, usually hard, but its OK
    SWF = better way to play by far, funny and strong, if u have friends to play.
    SoloQ = boring and miserable.

SoloQ is miserable today and this is not motive to me stop play the game, but we shoudnt be hypocrites, because all know how boring is play as soloq today, everytime u have DC, giving up on the hook, terrible teammates in general agaisnt a championship tunneler crazy killer.

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 627
    edited August 20

No, a 50% WIN rate would be fair and balanced. a 50% KILL rate does not accomplish this.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,759

because all know how boring is play as soloq today

Then don't play soloq. It's the only way I've ever played survivor and while there are changes I'd make if I could, lots of people really enjoy it.

Usually we take a couple of weeks before we do a math thread again.

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 627

im not seeing how that disproves my point. if your definition of balanced is the killer losing/tying more matches than they win I dont know what to tell you.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,759

What in my post looked like I was trying to disprove what you said?

• cookie_crumbles
    cookie_crumbles Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 4

Your lying.. the game isnt better its definitely not better for you since you don't know how to loop anymore every game I've played in the past week the killer has either come back to the hook immediately after unhooking so we couldn't heal or would follow us so we couldn't heal or just camped the hook and hit the savior to trade out hooks which meant there was someone ALWAYS on the hook or the killer would just straight up tunnel literally all three hooks back to back.. a lot of the times I can't even get any gen work because I was the first hooked and the killer kept coming after me and for killer I always get 4 men teams who KNOW what their doing and sometimes I definitely get outplayed when I play killer but survivor is the worst right now so please stop downplaying the problems like your some little girl skipping away picking daisies because the devs are gonna see and hold on to this one positive comment out of all the "negative" comments giving REAL feedback and their gonna think everything is perfect when in reality the reporting system needs more paying attention to and the killers are tunneling to get kills which is giving them over 30k points so its going to make them want to do it again

• cookie_crumbles
    cookie_crumbles Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 4

Will a break make the killers stop tunneling? Will a break give me the opportunity to actually do gens and get heals without the killer immediately coming back to the hook? Can I close my eyes then come back to it in a week and all the killers will magically stop being scummy and toxic? NO it won't so stop saying a break will help because it won't

• Ricardo170373

I tried to play as survivor few moments ago and how was my matches?

2 Billys, 1 Nurse, 1 Pyramid head - Just 3 gens done in ALL MATCHES

Billy - 2 gens done and all died after
    Nurse - Slug with 5 gens up
    Billy - 5 gens up and 2 on the hook, and noone touch in a gen
    Pyramid head - 1 gen done and all died after

Every people with many hours in the game, high prestige levels and u cant play. I not blaming anyone, but, u cant play as soloq, i closed the game after this, because, why? why i still playing? i could changed to killer side, but i dont want, why? because i would enraged about survivor, why? because when u play AGAINST survivors, they are look like a synchronized swimming team playing this game.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,164

No. Anybody or their mother could come back to a game after a while and be impressed by the new content/changes. For us who've been here the whole time, we see the circus for what it is. Just unacceptable. It'd be generous to say that balance has taken a backseat; it's not even in the car. Of course at low levels you won't notice this. There's different killers everywhere, further coupled by the game having more killer than it did years ago. But in terms of viable killers, there's still 2-3 viable ones and that's it, which makes for a stale killer experience, and a stale survivor experience as a result.

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 157

For me, Solo Queue has its peaks and troughs. You have awful days where it seems impossible to escape, your team mates are terrible and you all die very easily, normally with the first survivor hooked killing themselves for no apparent reason

Then another day, just like I had yesterday, you have really good matches that go down to the wire, one moment of good play at the end either by killer, or survivor ensures one or the other gets the win or salvages a draw. No survivor kills themselves, even if it's Skull Merchent, and they can all run the killer well, know what gen to do and when and don't sandbag by leading the killer to the key gen you have three quarters completed.

If I do start to get bogged down I just switch up my build and try and play differently. At the moment, Solo Queue is in a much better place than it has been in the recent past. Looking at you, Eruption and Call of Brine 3 gen meta!

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477
    edited August 21

Still objectively better than playing 6.0.0 for a week or playing 2.1.0 for a week, though, including soloq

Post edited by Neaxolotl on
  • Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,228

The game has vastly improved in many areas, with the only problematic element for me being a Survivor, and teaming up with others who kill themselves on hook or disconnect.

Personally, my SoloQ experience has been mostly good, and Killer is a blast. Really glad to see someone else give the game credit.

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 537

I think the game has had many QoL changes, graphical updates and map updates which have improved many aspects of the game I think!

No doubt a game that’s asymmetrical and will have new killers and perks coming in, adding in various old and new strategies will always mean there will be debates and so on regarding balance; but the game is unique and amazing as always - whatever changes happen in the future, I hope it always keeps its essence for us all to enjoy ☺️

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

I think you and others with this sentiment are just really burned out and need a break, or maybe the game isn't for you anymore.

Ever since the introduction of modes and special modifiers, the game has felt amazing. I finally have the confidence to play Killer more, and I have learned more as a Survivor now too. Game's fun and in a great state right now.

• VantablackPharaoh91

Asymmetrical games, especially what is essentially a horror game on paper, isn't intended to have a 50/50 kill rate. Killers were quitting at a 50/50 killrate because some could not keep up at all.

Not a Killer Main, Hybrid Main here. The game is intended to be balanced this way. It is fair when balanced this way, FOR A HORROR GAME. You should not have 50/50 shot of winning in a horror game where the odds are intentionally stacked against you, that's intended to be the challenge and therefore part of the fun. You are supposed to be an underdog, not a hero. If that is an issue then maybe this game isn't for you anymore.

• VantablackPharaoh91

Asymmetrical games, especially what is essentially a horror game on paper, isn't intended to have a 50/50 kill rate. Killers were quitting at a 50/50 killrate because some could not keep up at all.

Not a Killer Main, Hybrid Main here. The game is intended to be balanced this way. It is fair when balanced this way, FOR A HORROR GAME. You should not have 50/50 shot of winning in a horror game where the odds are intentionally stacked against you, that's intended to be the challenge and therefore part of the fun. You are supposed to be an underdog, not a hero. If that is an issue then maybe this game isn't for you anymore.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,918

There is a careful line of balance to strike between being thematic and being fun. BHVR once made a similar assym horror game called Death Garden. That game also had killers and survivors. People continuously rallied for an easier killer experience, to which BHVR obliged to make the game seem more horror-esque. Eventually people stopped playing as the survivor role, despite the game being more ‘horror themed.’ Including the same killer mains who were cheering for the buffs. I always felt it was weird the people who said the survivor class would feel better if there was more tension in the role but then they themselves did not want to play the role. Guess what happened next? lol

• VantablackPharaoh91

OK.

But that doesn't seem to be happening to Dead by Daylight. Deathgarden was Deathgarden. DBD is DBD. They're fundamentally different experiences and different games. You can't compare the two.