The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Return of Lights Out, How Do We Think They Will Fix It For Survivor?

As everyone no doubt remembers, Lights Out was a struggle for Survivors and problematic for some Killers. It was difficult for Survivors to do or find anything and if the Killer had no real map information, it made finding hiding Survivors frustrating. This made the game mode unpopular and made people feel it was unfun. Despite this, BHVR is trying it again, perhaps because they believe it could still work.

Now that Lights Out is returning in September, what does everyone hope the mode does different this time? Can it be made fun for Survivor while also keeping it tense, spooky, and maintaining what did make the mode interesting?

Comments

• rattus210
    rattus210 Member Posts: 51
    edited August 27

Heard they were apparently adding a light source that survivors can carry and place down around the map, similar to alien's turrets I'm guessing? But yea idk this mode is just the least exciting/fun out of all the modes they've tried. The horror novelty of DBD wore off for me after hundreds of hours and making the map darker isn't gonna really make it any spookier for me personally.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,568

I just got really tired of not being able to see anything. When 80% of the screen is black, it gets dull quickly.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,990

The same thing they did for the 2v8... hard Nerfing all the tactics. You can Insidious camp hooks with no TR, your encourage to tunnel off hook because u can track blood, and u win easily by 3genning in this mode. The whole strategy against 3genning is healing on the other side of the map and early pre running. You cannot do either consistently

On the killer side the game terribly boring. Dealing with Basekit extreme stealth is super tedious. Two survivors hiding at the end of a normal match is zzzzzz and this mode it happen every game. At least when i was playing killer it did.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,718

not playing that. it's a shame they are insistent on that mode of all we had, mainly chaos shuffle.

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 450

I dont think survivor can be really fixed.

Not just in this gamemode, but overall.

The reason survivor is boring is because that's the most stale thing in this game. Lights out, 2v8, etc didnt bring anything new to the table for the survivors and they most likely won't.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,713

I think the problem is that lots of players just like the base game. Things like Lights Out and My Little Oni are neat things that might be fun for a couple of games, but that's about it.

But I'd start with cutting the pool of killers down.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

It's good they're bringing it back for the folks who enjoyed it. I'm just gonna grit my teeth and do the Tome lol

• HighwayCatalyst
    HighwayCatalyst Member Posts: 377

On the plus side, for people that care about it, this mode is a good way to get the Power Moves achievement

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,093

Chaos Shuffle was a lot more popular. I doubt we will see Light's Out often. It got a lot of negative feedback. Although I didn't mind the game mode.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 807

When seeing Lights Out, I thought to myself: The devs are returning to their original plan with this. Hide and Seek, sneaky gameplay, don't get found.

I would like if they fully embrace this and made it a pure Hide and Seek experience. No gens, just hiding until a timer reaches zero.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

Where did they confirm this?

• Necrobot
    Necrobot Member Posts: 51

I hope it's really improve this time or, at least, if it's not better, that there's no content like tome (…) attached to it. I really don't want to play it as it was unplayable ( the core gameplay and you barely see anything close to you on a television.)

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 807

Yes. I agree. Make it a Blendette heaven and just remove gens from it.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

zzzzzzz

They should just keep chaos shuffle for the whole month instead of this. Of course there is tome too ugh.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

Not sure these changes will make it more appealing but I'll try reserve judgement and give it a go. Giving survivors a point of reference with the lamps is good, and being able to run with them will help the game mode feel less disorientating. But since it's hard to know the killer is coming until they're practically right on top of you, I feel like it will be easy enough for them to smack it from your hand early on in chase anyway. But again, I'll reserve judgement until i actually play it.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 836
    edited August 27

I don't typically use items when playing Survivor but items are all you have in this mode, so the fact that they've added Franklin's for Killers as base-kit is something I'm not too thrilled about (I hate that perk).

But yeah, I'll have to try out the mode and see if it's any better this time around.