There is now no incentive to p100 a survivor

Give the players the CHOICE to pick wether they show their prestige or not in the same fashion as anonymous mode. If this doesn't prove to be effective, DON'T ALLOW killers to see what prestiges the survivors are. JUST LIKE THE SURVIVORS CAN'T SEE THE KILLERS PRESTIGE... I got all p3 on all survivors and i wanted to aim towards something and now it's gone and I have no incentive to keep playing anymore. It really sucks for people who thinks like me

Comments

• Oxah
    Oxah Member Posts: 56

I spend at least 30 hrs a week playing this game and i was motivated to get to p100 but now it's all gone i dont even want to play anymore I'm quite sad to be honest, me and my friend were going to get to p100 together and now it won't be as good, all the bonding and friendships you made with DEDICATED PLAYERS won't ever happen anymore. There wasn't only downsides to being able to see other survivors prestiges.

• Oxah

Again, giving the CHOICE to you to show your prestige or not. If you think poeple dodge a p3 haddie, you are wrong. and IF THEY DO, there's such a high demand for survivors that it doesn't even take more than 10 seconds for them to be replaced.

• Oxah

The line shouldn't be black or white as much as you're trying to paint it

• Oxah

So then if you had the option to hide your prestige it would work out for everyone.

• Oxah

Again, in ANONYMOYS MODE FASHION. Which means, the pestige icon would be HIDDEN.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 495

Now you have hackers using it to hide that they P100ed themselves instantly at 5 hours.

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 322

your motivator was the badge which is not indicative of anything besides playing the game and that character a lot?

• Oxah

Hackers already does use anonymous mode, it wouldn't matter even in the slightest. The cheating issue is something that needs to be treated by EAC and not the players(as much).

• Oxah

Maybe for yourself that's how you see it but for some, they love a survivor and they want to show to everyone that they love it, you know accomplishment thing.

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 225

Realistically people don't need that much addons, there is not much players who play only one killer.

I've done 2 killers p100 already and I don't even play them more than few games a week

• Oxah

I have gotten to p40 on the survivor that I wanted to progress before this change and I have more than enough iri items/addons for it to not be something to aim for(for me) as i barely use them in the first place

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,151

I get why BHVR took away the visibility of prestiges, but I really want them to be optional. I loved seeing P100's in lobbies, seeing what character(s) people chose to give love to. It always especially warmed my heart to see a P 100 David, Jonah, Ace, Felix, Gabriel, etc.

Sometimes I'd see a P 100 Ace and switch to my P 100 Ace, to match him. And usually we'd play like buddies in the match. I want those experiences back :')

• Oxah

I want to feel that too, i never got the chance to get to that point. A feeling that I fear i won't be able to feel if they don't make it a CHOICE for their players

• Oxah

Regardless of wether it wasn't supposed to or it was, now it is clear that the incentive for it is near 0. Just give the option to people with different mindsets to CHOOSE.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,898

Why=? There are millions of things you could do in this game, which has no incentive either.
    Why should we ask bHVR to start giving incentives to any meaningless number you can make go up?

• Oxah

People let's understand that i do not condone lobby shopping but I am an advocate of people EXPRESSING their LOVE for the game. Don't want to get dodged? Hide it. Don't want to get tunneled because you're afraid of being tunneled? Hide it. Want to show your survivors teamates that you love XYZ survivor. Let em.

• Oxah

FREEDOM/EXPRESSION should be encouraged, not tuned down.

• Oxah

How would it not solve this issue? It was never tested and people have different reasons to use those hidden modes, i play everyday with high/low prestiges and i never thought of to myself: wow this is an issue that needs to be addressed in a fashion like so. Nonetheless, giving tit a fair consideration would make people with the same ideology as me play the game and strive towards something.

• Oxah

Also if killers are leaving lobbies, make THEM not being able to see prestige as the fault is on them leaving, NOT the survivors

• Oxah

There is clearly a way to make everyone satisfied and create an effective way to address lobby dodging.

• Emeal

Not to demand info, but could you possibly go into how big a problem "greatly affects matchmaking" is.
    I knew you have tested it in lobbies for a while, so like how much how many % chance of creating a dodged lobby does P100 do?
    Assuming its a lot since bHVR has made the decision it MUST have been substantial.

Please I hope you can be allowed to divulge some juicy numbers.

• Oxah

If killers never can see the prestiges of survivors they would NOT dodge. It would be the same as of right now on that matter.

As for survivors, people already dodge anonymous modes,default skins, globe players, this won't affect anything in that regard. Implement the hide prestige option to the anonymous mode and let people who wishes to show their fellow teamates what they worked for. Anybody with experience in the game KNOWS that a person with 43 p3s is going to be as good/better than a p100 person.

I am once again asking PLEASE, let me and others with the same mentality STRIVE towards that goal instead of shutting it down completely

• Oxah

I would also like to address the fact that it is only fair for someone who has 2k hrs in the game to not want to play with somone who has 20 hours. It's nice to play with competent teamates too, if lobby shopping is such an issue, it should be pointed towards mmr system and not people who wants to showoff a prestige badge.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

Yep! I liked the fact that acting could see I maimed Leon and am a dedicated player but now there is zero reason. There’s new P100 rewards either sooooo…

• Oxah

Ever since I understood how prestiges worked and what it gave I had a roadmap, the camaraderie of us all working toward that goal so we could show off to each other is now gone. I poured my heart in this thread, this game, my whole motivation to play has just been DEMOLISHED. What do i do now? I move on, spend my energy, my passion, my desire to get better and my money somewhere else I think. I feel under appreciated by the company I gave so much just for it to be squashed by some poor mmr system. This was my last message. I would like to thank everyone who took the time to write here, I appreciate it.

• BugReporterOnly
    BugReporterOnly Member Posts: 483

They did test hiding Prestige before and if I'm not mistaken they also tested it out that no one see it at all. This is a happy medium tou see it in endgame.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,632
    edited August 28

I still don’t understand why we can’t see MMR brackets, like we can in just about every other PvP game I’ve ever played.

Why is it completely fine for other games to have MMR brackets like Silver 2 and Gold 1, and show them to other players, but it would be considered super extra wrong if this game did this?

If the MMR matchmaking worked properly, it would show everyone is reasonably near the same MMR bracket, which would give people confidence they are being matched fairly.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 495

Because the Devs do not want to further encourage sweat or a competitive mindset in this game, because it seems like they define the game as more casual than the playerbase defines it.

That alone tells us we probably all need to chill, right?

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,065

I will say with the prestige removal, matchmaking has been so much nicer for me on survivor side, as a killer I always queued into matches anyways coz I cba to do that… too much effort and time LOL

• Coffeecrashing

No. I think it’s much more likely that the MMR formula is doing something controversial, and players would figure it out if they knew their MMR numbers.

Also, it would cause streamer drama, as it would prove that some of the streamers are keeping their MMR low, so they look better in the games they stream.

• Emeal

I think it’s much more likely that the MMR formula is doing something controversial

How did you determine that is more likely?

• Coffeecrashing
    edited August 29

Because BHVR refuses to give us information on how MMR works in various situations. There is a big difference between “players shouldn’t worry about their own MMR number” and “players aren’t allowed to know how MMR works”.

1. If a survivor DCs, does the killer gain MMR? Does the DCing survivor lose MMR? Does everyone just get their MMR frozen that match because someone DCed?
    2. If a survivor makes self unhook attempts, then fails hook struggle checks, does the game consider that to be like a DC, and therefore might do things like cause everyone’s MMR to be frozen?
    3. If the survivors didn’t repair 5 generators, there is only 1 survivor left, the killer closes hatch, and the survivor escapes through a gate, does the survivor gain MMR? Does the killer lose MMR? Or is it just like a hatch escape, where it’s 0 MMR?
    4. Do killers gain a decent amount of MMR if they sweat for the 4k, or is the 4th survivor worth 0 (or close to 0) MMR?
    5. How often are all 5 players near the same MMR? How often is there at least 1 player, whose MMR is so far away from the other players, that they really shouldn’t have been thrown into that game?
    6. How much does “team based MMR” affect survivor MMR? If a survivor escapes through the gate in a 3k game, is it worth a lot less MMR than if it was a 1k game, because it was a bigger team win? Does a survivor lose a lot less MMR, if they lose in a 1k game than if they lose a 4k game? Does the first survivor that loses, get a much harsher MMR penalty than the third survivor that loses?
    7. If a survivor loses or escapes, does their MMR change get calculated immediately, or does it wait until the match is over before being calculated?
    8. When killers have large win streaks, are they actually at the MMR soft cap, or did they find a way to manipulate their MMR, and are having win streaks because they aren’t being matched at their appropriate skill level?

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,366
    edited August 29

"Trust me most ppl really don't care that you p100 your favorite character"

Exactly lol I'm seeing these people talking about not being able to show off their P100s in lobby but like, nobody actually cares..

I'm barely even glancing at my team mates prestiges in endgame now before moving on because I've just played a whole game with them and their prestige no longer tells me anything about their skill (which it didn't before really either, but as you said, you'd get an expectation in your mind when you saw their prestige in lobby and make a determination on whether they were a strong player or not).

• Oxah

I don't care about other random people as much, it's about me and my friends mostly that it sucks for. if you make it that killer DO NOT see prestiges AT ALL(NOT AN OPTION JIST HOW IT IS NOW JUST FOR KILLERS) and I also do not care what other people think of it. I WANT TO SHOW IT and I should be able to. Why is it so hard to let people enjoy the things they like and not tone everything down for EVERYONE? GIVE THE PEOPLE THE CHOICE. You don't care? Fine be it for you then. But for people that does care? Let them ENJOY it. It sucks you like certain things and I like certain things. But everything is one sided and the other side cannot enjoy it anymore. Freedom.

• Oxah

This lobby shopping solution seems like a band-aid to excuse the worthless mmr system, im not trying to show off how comp I am. I am trying to enjoy what i enjoy ever since i started playing this game, grinding bloodpoints and seeing how far my friends are into their journey. Let me do that in peace and enjoy the satisfaction i get from it.

• Dumbtecher
    Dumbtecher Member Posts: 29

I agree, I‘ve had this exact thought as well. Really wish they would just show us our ratings in the egs. There would be a handful of players insta leaving the egs to avoid showing their ratings lol

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,366

The matchmaking system can't work efficiently if people bypass it. It's as simple at that. The whole point of skill-based matchmaking is that the game finds your opponents. You aren't supposed to pick your own. If the game can't find a group of survivors a killer (ie because the killers keep dodging based on prestiges) then it broadens its range and that's how poor new killers wind up facing more experienced survivors. Likewise, the dodging killer can keep going until they land a group of less experienced survivors to steamroll. Of course SBMM seems "worthless" when people refuse to let it work properly.

• Oxah

I feel like you didn't read the part about killer not being able to see prestiges in any scenario.

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 314

I don't understand your mindset I'm sorry. So you want to show off your level to your friends is what you saying but you don't need to do that in a lobby... you can be in discord with them and say "looks guys I p100 my favorite survivor."

Like I do understand you want it to be a opinion but you been told and was given a very good reason by someone who works on the game and honestly knows more about the data in background than you, why they can't just make it a opinion. It will lead to even more lobby shopping on both sides. No matter how much you pled the devs I'm pretty sure they are concrete on this decision to hide your prestige level at the beginning of a match. Once tho you can show off your prestige level in the end game still. That wasn't taken from you and achieve the same goal.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,653
    edited August 29

There are, in my mind, only two ways to go about this.

You can always hide MMR and never have it be shown. This is how the devs have chosen to do it and imo it's the correct way.

The other option would be to always show MMR. Everywhere. With no option to shut it off. It shows up on the lobby, end game screen, and in game HUD. There's a watermark on every screenshot and recorded video that displays your name and MMR like some places do with NDA content. You're forced to link your game account to the forums, and your MMR is also shown here permanently on every post as well.

If the second option sounds toxic, that's exactly the kind of problem that showing MMR can cause. In addition to just allowing people to manipulate it for easier games (which is what happened with grades back in the day).