The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BHVR are you serious about matchmaking or is the game full killer sided now?

hxp
hxp Member Posts: 6
edited August 30 in General Discussions

I am a survivor main (1k hours) and we are an SWF.
But we do not even have the slightest chance.

It's so frustrating. But in the meantime we all agree that we should move on to another game.

Comments

• hxp
    hxp Member Posts: 6

No, it's not "one of these days". Happening every day!

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979

Are you anything less than a 4 man with the non-premade ruining it all?

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 618

Whatever are your final results, indeed, the matchmaking isn't at his best state tbh.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,718

if you care to wait until you get better at the game, a 4 man swf is the strongest thing in this game, even than nurse. in time, you should be able to beat most killers.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

When playing in a SWF the member with the hightest MMR is used for match making. You state 1k hours, how about your teammates?

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,438

If they do will you admit there's an issue with Survivor right now and that the fun quality has decreased for many survivors?

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955
    edited August 30

I have noticed a big drop in survivor skill in my killer matches. In my survivor matches i get matched with survivors and killers who are definitely above my skill level

• TheSubstitute

That part makes sense. However, there are major issues with Survivor right now. From my experience my escape rate when playing solo has gone down drastically while, even though BHVR brings in incentives with different perks to not tunnel or slug for the 4K, the incidence of such behaviours have really gone up.

I've been playing 60/40 Killer/Survivor for years so the question is what has changed so significantly. Comparing my games from years ago to now the quality of games on the survivor side has diminished significantly.

Assuming it's a skill issue would be dismissing those concerns. Asking for game play is, of course valid, but after dozens of games MMR should settle at an area where it's enjoyable. If it was enjoyable before during MMR but it's not now then something has changed. What it is I can't say but, when survivors complain about their experience, they could have some very legitimate concerns. And, after 18 games, I would understand the frustration in having a 5.5% escape rate (4 survivors escaped out a potential 72 escapes).

It could be the matchmaking system as well but there's no way a functional MMR would produce that low of a result.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,718

saying skill issue isn't necessarily an insult or disregarding matchmaking flaws. yes a swf of 1k hour players won't be able to beat multiple thousand hours killers and that's a skill issue, they didn't play long enough to develop that much skill yet and it's okay.

for example i specifically pointed out that normally in an equal skilled lobby, a 4 man swf is the strongest thing there is so they can confidently put in effort to get better if not being able to beat killers is the only reason they want to quit.

• joybonru22
    joybonru22 Member Posts: 5

When BHVR realizes that the survivor population is decreasing, they will buff the survivors so that more people will play it again.

• DirtyPig
    DirtyPig Member Posts: 7

First of all: stats shows that the escape rate of 4 men SWF is less than 50%… So no the game it isn't surv sided, not anymore. Still that loss streak is strange… How many hours do you and your friends have?

• NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 251

what is the total amount of hours in your team and what is average amount of hours of the killers you face?

• MrT1412
    MrT1412 Member Posts: 108
  • TheSubstitute

Directly. Indirectly it reduces the actual escape rates and throws off matchmaking for all Survivors. The games aren't counted in the stats but there's no indication it doesn't affect MMR from having the game affect the MMR of the non DCing survivor.

• TheSubstitute

He did come off like that but he's frustrated. I'm just extending the benefit of the doubt because he mentioned matchmaking as the first possibility. That's what I think is the issue here.

• LadyOwO
    LadyOwO Member Posts: 231

You dont have the slightest chance? try being solo queue and i bet your opinion would change lol. compared to SWF chances of escape while playing solo are pretty slim.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,209

I mean they balance around a 60% kill rate, the game definitionally is Killer-sided. That being said, I think OP's issue is recently reaching the topcap of MMR, or playing with really bad friends.

I tried playing with a newer friend, and found it equally impossible. The Killer too easily could massage that weak link for free wins, and my friend is still ratting in lockers randomly. I can't help them learn quick enough for them to deal with actual Killers playing normally. They need to practice against similar level baby Killers.

Alternatively any player recently reaching the topcap is going to be in a bad situation if they don't want to actually spend more time to learn how to play. In a normal match, the Killer would be 50, and the Survivors 40/45/55/60. That means each Surv is taking turns being the best and worst in the lobby. Once they reach the topcap, the best case for Survivor is the Killer is 75, but far more likely is the Killer will be better than them. They can no longer occasionally be the best player in the lobby (and most commonly are the worst player in the lobby) until they bring themselves up to at least 85ish.

For both problems combined, SWFs use the highest player's MMR. That means if you play with a 75/50/50/25, the matchmaking treats you all as 75s. To make things even worse, when playing in a SWF, you get artificially inflated MMR gains, and deflated losses. That means if you have a single person at the topcap in your SWF, you will take even longer to drop below the topcap than the normal loss prevention to drop below it, so it takes these 10+ losses before you even dent the 75 down to 74. If they get a win, they go right back up to 75-80, and have to lose another 10 games before they get another 'playable' match.

Basically SWF MMR adjustments are the largest problem, and an equally large problem (that also ruins Killer experiences) is the topcap loss prevention. Allow people to naturally drop MMR when they lose, and they will get playable matches again.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,209

As a Ghosty main, that is true if the Ghosty is playing 'Chaseface' playstyle (which people who don't understand Ghosty play him as such). A Ghosty played correctly gets a stalk and a lunge before the Survivor can reach the loop, or intercepts a rescue, or pushes them to a pallet deadzone so that there is no dodging the down.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,879

Ehh still isn't that good of a killer. Only marginally better than base myers.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 675
    edited August 31

Also a Ghostface Main over here, and a Myers secondary. Myers is a mid C tier played correctly, and Ghostface is a Low B tier played correctly. If you truly believe what I just quoted here, you either play at way too high MMR and play too sweaty to make these Killers work, or you simply aren't very good at stealth gameplay. And that's OK, not every Killer needs to be Blight or Nurse, and not everyone is good at everything. :)

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    edited August 31

You're absolutely right about all this mizark and yeah, the game by definition is supposed to be Killer-sided. The Killer has to be a threat, so a 60% Kill Rate is feasible. This doesn't, of course, mean you're getting a 60% Success Rate.

If you try to pursue winstreak after winstreak, you will eventually hit the MMR cap and then, you will be stuck and suffer until you lose a whole lot of rounds. This is true for both Survivor and Killer. But since Killer is a bit easier to control a round with played well, Killer is easier to hit th cap with faster. I think we should make MMR gains and losses be similar.

• Brimp

I mean as much as comp is not a real scene you don't see any GF's in in comp. Thats because GF is just weak against a team that has somewhat of a clue of what they're doing.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    edited August 31

Before it died, there were several rounds where Ghostface was featured in Outrun The Fog, Brimp. Your statement is simply incorrect that Ghostface has never been used in Comp, he's considered a Low Tier comp Killer. MYERS, however, is never actually used in Comp. Ghostface definitely is and a simple Youtube search would show you plenty of footage of people like Team Eternal even playing him in comp rounds.

But you clearly don't play Ghostface or think this Killer is worth anything to the game, you seem to only care if the Killer can dominate in a 4k every single round. So please kindly do not speak about Killers you do not play. :) I am glad Blight is treating you well.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187
    edited August 31

??? He's frequently played in DbD League. He's a 3 gen monster on indoor maps.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,259

He is played and put into best possible map he can get, but it's not like he regularly gets 4k even on Leri's.
    But it won't be really good for him on most maps and they have played in Shelter Woods. That's not an indoor map…

• GonnaBlameTheMovies

I would not bother with this person they seem really entitled and overly comp-minded. Anything less than an S tier may as well not exist to them…

• Brimp
  • Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

Yeah well … I have had the game feed 3k me a 25h, 36h and 66h killer this week … and just now I got a game with 63h and 124h survivor in it and the two with the private profiles didn't play any better. It certainly IS a departure from all the sweat I was usualy getting, but this ain't the middle ground I was asking for ^_- If the game feeds me younglings, it should at least tell me. I would properly scare them and then send them on their way to tell the story.