Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Does behaivior do something about beign hostage?

chariot
chariot Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Hi, I am so mad that I even create an account just to complain. It's been like more often now that the killer put all 4 of us on the ground and wait for us to die. Is the reporting button worth for something? I feel that I don't have any feedback about reporting on screen, you can't tell that this is even an strategy. Even took screen cause I thougth you could report this to some place here but it seems you can't. What should I do then as a player??

Comments

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,684

Slugging is not a bannable offense.

You can find the game rules here if you have doubts:

Regarding how and where to report, keeping in mind to please only report behaviours that break the game rules, you have to record your match, report in game and open a ticket here: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/categories/6713776396180-Dead-by-Daylight

The forums are not the place to report other players.

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 423

Even though I agree that being slugged for no apparent reason is not a fun experience, you are not being held hostage. The bleedout timer is 4 minutes, then the game ends for you and you can go next.

it is a different matter altogether if you are being blocked in a corner and forced to wait until the server closes after one hour.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,453

Unfortunately not reportable, it's not technically holding the game hostage because the survivors will die in 4 minutes guaranteed. It's sort of similar to waiting at gates once all survivors are safe, instead of leaving, except the killer could push the survivors out even if that is annoying.

Lots of suggestions have been made to combat this issue, they even tried adding a system where if everyone was downed or hooked the game instantly ended automatically with a Mori, but that was changed because it was oppressive and ignored self pickup perks and stuff. I don't think the devs will change this any time soon unfortunately.

They're doing a "finisher mori" update in the next midchapter though the PTB is coming on september 17th. It could be that this is addressed there in some way? We'll have to wait and see.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,605
    edited September 2

That's not a bannable offense. (What you describe is not an hostage situation.)

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,238
    edited September 2

They said they are going to eventually get rid of excessive slugging like this. Just that they are trying to figure out the best way to implement it. I don't think bleeding people out for the sake of being toxic will be around much longer. Just be patient and wait.

• coolgue1
    coolgue1 Member Posts: 111

How is it not banniable u just had an update to adress slugging when a suvivour does it but when the killer does it it fine and a strat this is why the game is dying rules implemented by the devs but still won't banne what a joke

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 457

Bleeding out shouldn't fall under the "slugging" category, it's more refusing to participate in normal gameplay.

• Unsportsmanlike Conduct
      • Use this option to report a player for purposefully losing the game, not participating in or disconnecting from the game early to avoid defeat. Examples: AFKing, rage quitting idling, and refusing to participate in normal gameplay

• drsoontm
  • KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 679

And how would they confirm what happened?

I had a swf on top the shelfs of rpd before it got changed with boil over, obviously I couldn't hook them and my only option was bleeding them out and I did. Your logic implies that they can just report me for that and I get punished because I countered their perk normally.

The bleed out function is there for a reason not just to be toxic, there's no way for bhvr to confirm if it was used normally or in a toxic sense because they don't have some kind of replay feature as far as I know and even then it's really subjectiv if the situation really had to be solved that way. So ether they would have to have clear rules in which situations it's okay to bleed out OR they would have to evaluate every single case and it would probably not really sensefull.

• apathyinc

Slugging and intentionally bleeding out are 2 different things.

If someone is habitually bleeding out survivors match after match they are refusing to participate in normal gameplay.

• drsoontm
  • KatsuhxP

Once again, how do they confirm it wasn't for a reason? What if they were unlucky and just got a few teams forcing the bleedouts?

Before they could make it bannable or punishable they would have to make a replay system and set straight rules in which situations it's okay. It would also have the advantage that they can ban cheaters more effective even tho that's just a side-effect in this discussion.

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 352

you can attach video to your reports but it's still a moot point. Send in a vid of a guy humping you for the bleed out duration, hooking you at the last second and then beating you on hook and they will give the generic 'slugging is not a bannable offense'.

Determining intent is a gray area but in these extreme cases I think it's pretty cut and dry that there's some unsportsmanship play, griefing or holding hostage/not participating in normal gameplay at play here and there should be some form of punishment to discourage this

• KatsuhxP

I don't have a problem with it if they get punished if they actually did something, I'd just like to not get punished because 4 people reported me for countering their own perks. While people can use videos to report someone that person can't defend themself with any material because it's in the background and most likely not discussted with them personally.

And yes at the moment there's nothing outside the rules that's why you get that response (the humping is probably not perfectly fine, but I don't think they see that against any rules ether?) BUT if they actually want to do something about it then with straight rules and a replay system so that you can't get someone banned randomly.

• apathyinc

Repeated behavior. Habitually bleeding out isn't the same as "oh one dude crawled away and I couldn't find him" or "this team doing some boil over bullshit so I have no moves to make"