The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What happened to spotlight trailers

Brutha
Brutha Member Posts: 170

As far as I'm aware we haven't gotten one since Alan Wake, what happened to them? I always thought they were cool ways to show off new characters and their perks as well as maps if they had one. Also if a killer were to ever get a full power rework (Freddy) or just reworks in general you could go watch they're old spotlight trailer to see differences between old animations, sounds, effects, etc. I don't know if BHVR said they were done or something but I really hope they start making them again. (P.S BHVR please ask MatPat to voice over a spotlight trailer for FNAF)

Comments

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 608

True. I kinda miss them too, especially the voice actor. I also wish the developers would do more behind the scenes videos. The last one was foe Tools of Torment- iirc. These videos are cool to watch and to see how difficult a chapter can be.

I guess someone at BHVR thought these videos are wasted money because the game is well known and is full of content creators, shorts, and everything. But it is kinda sad that there are no spotlights or behind the scenes.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,553

If it's specifically the VO you're looking for, I've found he also narrated the release trailer of The Outlast Trials.

• Sngfun
    Sngfun Member Posts: 218

Probably the layoffs...

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 651

I think BHVR might have stopped making them for fear of confusing new players. The spotlights are peak DBD vibe, but so much of the information conveyed in them is now altered or outright absent/reworked. Although BHVR still isn't great at conveying information, chapter spotlights tended to get outdated so fast that it makes sense they would refocus their efforts in other areas.

Still a shame though, I was definitely looking forward to the Castlevania and FNAF spotlights :(

• HighFashion
    HighFashion Member Posts: 4

Didn't vecna have one?