The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Just a friendly Reminder

Doxie
Doxie Member Posts: 116

Its always survivor bonus... All day...all night. I can only imagine the state of survivor is so miserable that nobody wants to play it anymore. I'd love to play killer but the wait time is too long. This is just sad

Comments

• Doxie
    Doxie Member Posts: 116
    edited September 9

Id be happy to send you a screenshot shot on all parts of the day. Nights have never been survivor bonus ..now they all are. I assume that's North America East Coast...in the same ... Again...I'd be happy to show you screen shots with time stamps

• ChuckingWong
    ChuckingWong Member Posts: 350

Incentive is given based on roles in need. The bonus is there to entice people to play a role that is currently short to help keep the queues down for the other side

• ChuckingWong

There is nothing else taken into account for role bonus. Its just whats in most need. Has nothing to do with MMR

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,811

I’ve only seen it on survivor as well, even late into the night. I’m not sure if or when it tips to killer in my region but the survivor-only bonus is lasting longer than it did before 2v8 was introduced.

• ChuckingWong
    edited September 9

Not at the same specfic time?

Could have multiple locations for your area?

Lying?

Has nothing to do with MMR.

• CautionaryMary
    CautionaryMary Member Posts: 109

For me, as a NA East it's usually survivor 100% during the day and 100% for killer at night.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 608

Not really. On EU servers, you have +100% BP Bonus for killers at night and during the day it's survivor because many players are either at work, school, or do something else during the day and then at the night they wanna play dbd and do some games. Killers is for many players more stressful which is why they rather play survivor, because it is more chill. Idk how it looks on other servers but according to the other users, it might be the same.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,550

50% on killer tonight…

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,752

I see it swap every once in awhile depending on the time of day, in whatever server I'm in.

Also.

Gonna put on my thinking cap for a second. Why would 2v8, the first game mode after 8 years where we can play 2 killers at the same time with a friend, have the bonus on survivor side?

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,580

You'll be happy to learn I get +100% on killer and my lobbies are instant: both "average" and "higher" MMR.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,339

In a world where both sides are equally appealing# the bonus will still favor survivors due to the need of 80% of the playerbase to queue as survivor.

Frankly this makes using the bonus bp multiplayer useless for determining how bad or good each side is.

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 287

To be fair, playing with 8 survivors was also equally a new experience.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 664

This is my experience too. Killer bonus from about 8 PM to 4 AM and then it becomes Survivor Bonus.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,752

Not really, just the amount of survivors.

I'd argue it was far more appealing due to duo-killers since most people will have an extra friend to tag along, instead of up to 7 other friends.

• ChuckingWong

Guess it is.

But in the grand scheme of things cmon.

How many … lol

non every single match times, do you get put with people that are …. lets just say "not your mmr"

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,876

I almost always saw the bonus on killer in the past, but its been like 60/40 surv recently.

I have a couple of theories as to why:

1. Lots of people playing Dracula. I've seen this before when popular killers drop
    2. A lot of people really started playing killer for the first time during the 2v8, and didn't go back to being surv mains (at least dedicated) afterward.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,717

survivor bonus became more common after 2v8 event, killer bonus lasts so short if it ever shifts to killer that day.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

The bonus has been almost consistently on survivor lately for me. Can't say for sure why but it definitely ties into my matches feeling worse when playing survivor.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,263

Well, the bonus is either scuffed or it does, in fact, take MMR range into account. When playing with others - one of them in the same room, the other in a different part of town - the question is always "one of you got inventives?" and quite often either I or one of the other two have. And them being at a different MMR than I (I play off meta and for challenges - they play on meta and went to checkspot bootcamp; needless to say our escape rates and thus MMR are worlds apart) and MMR factoring into inventives is quite honestly the only explanation.

On topic: it's usually on either 50% or 100% on surv for me as well. - Haven't played much though. Caught a glimpse of a 25% killer incentive once over the past few days at 11pm or something but that was it. Said friends tend to have 25% surv bonus for most of the day - at least whenever I shoot a glance at the stream it says that.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 915

The bonus for me has consistently been on survivor most of the time that I've played, ever since its release. And especially in the first months (and still quite regularly now) it was 100% BP much of the time (as opposed to 50/25%), meaning a dire lack of players queueing as survivor. But region, time of day/night and MMR do affect it, because those will obviously determine the player pool discrepancies and what is needed more in those pools. It also has to be noted that due to the 4v1 format, you need 4 times the players in the pool queueing on survivor, in theory. So a bias of it trending toward survivor incentive is to be expected.

But yes, I have never believed in or experienced the "enjoy long survivor queues because nobody wants to play killer" thing that I've seen thrown around all too often. People enjoy playing killer, it's completely obvious to me why they do, and that's a good thing. Solo/duo queue survivor on the other hand (which combine to make up around 80-90% of the survivor player pools last we got stats on that) a tad too often can be a rather miserable experience. So if they want to get more people playing survivor and the BP incentives are not working well enough for that (which they seemingly aren't), they need to do something to improve the actual gameplay experience. Matchmaking improvements would be one thing. But there's various actual gameplay changes that could be considered too of course, ranging from simple things such as showing the survivors' loadouts to each other (perhaps even in the in-trial overlay), to more involved changes such as more status icons and more means of communication, or doing more against camping and tunnelling, strategies uncoordinated groups suffer against disproportionally.

Personally I'm not the biggest fan of making the solo experience more SWF-like, I think major part of its appeal precisely is that aspect of often not knowing what people are doing, using, planning, and having to make do with the info one has, acquiring info as one goes, and navigating to the best of one's ability these much more uncertain circumstances. Call it "horror" if you will, it's much closer to that single-player survival type of gameplay, the chaos is the point, the bad stupid ######### that happens integral to the gameplay experience as "terror". I experience that to be an entirely different game mode from playing in a premade group, which makes it a tactical teamplay multiplayer game, and I enjoy the fact that you essentially have different game modes. But some things do seem like a bit of a no-brainer, such as making perks that other survivors cannot possibly know or realistically figure out you have but whose value depends greatly or even solely on them playing around that knowledge actually announce themselves to the others.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited September 10

Except your MMR will affect how many people you can queue with, thus what role is in need for your MMR bracket.

It hasn't happened often but I have played with people who had a different incentive to me before.

Meanwhile my incentive has been solidly on 100% killer every evening this week.

• ChuckingWong

Yea unfortunately speed is what is prefered. As a comment I posted above… you get qued with people that are 1000000% not in your MMR every single match.

So it may have been said "MMR plays into it" … but thats also what they say about how lobies are made and welp….

Sometimes you get people that have 20, 200 or 14k hours in your lobbies. Its all just nonsense.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,259
    edited September 10

I am from EU and 21:00-1:00 is usually for the killer...

Even when it's for survivors, I never had an issue with queue times.

• Seraphor
    edited September 10

It's not every single match at all. In fact it's not always even that often.

I've recently found that my MMR on Myers is significantly different to my MMR on other killers (likely from playing friendly mirror myers games).

My lobbies as Myers are significantly different to my other killer lobbies, more times than not. In fact I struggle to find competent survivors as Myers these days, usually going against survivors who have never heard of looping or even pallets. I recorded a game last night where three of the four survivors literally ran loops of the outer map wall for 5 minutes 'trying' to hide or find someone to heal them. I just stood in the middle watching them, gens didn't get done, I just stood still.

Meanwhile my other killers get full flashlight mobs who have lightning fast looping reflexes and can greed every pallet without fail. And this is playing at the same time of day.

MMR works.

Don't look at play time, that's not always an accurate reflection of MMR. People can get good at this game fairly quickly, while others reach a plateau after a few hundred hours and never improve any further.

• ChuckingWong

Im very sorry you think MMR works, that is …. thats an opinion to have for sure.

It doesnt even work correctly for people that play this game as a career and have higher MMR than anyone in this forum. And THEY CONSTANTLY, every match almost, get people that are 100% not supposed to be in their lobbies.

Yes broadly speaking in some cases it does but in the grand scheme of things lobbies are filled more for speed than MMR. Hence the bonus system working against it.

Gotta get lobbies filled quickly seems to be a pattern that BHVR wants to keep pressing, rather than quality games; now with the removal of prestige in lobbies (terrible decision).

Hours for the most part are correlated with game knowledge and skill. But im not just solely basing it off their hours played, you see in game how plays/chases are done and then at end game you take a look and its just there clear as day.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,824

Now, where did they say that? Please, point us there. We'll wait.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 664

Probably because a lot of Survivors who tried Killer there stuck around and want to play Killer now… because it's frankly always been the more fun role.

• Seraphor
    edited September 10

'Seal team SWF' was an colourful way of describing the calibre of survivor, I have no way of knowing if they're actually a SWF most of the time. The point is, I've been around long enough to judge a survivors skill by their actions, not just by looking up how many hours they have, and there is a marked difference in the level of skill these survivors have compared to my Myers games, and it's at least 90% of the time.

I can't even remember my last Myers game that was against competent survivors (i.e. survivors that know you can loop things instead of running in a straight line until they go down) and I've been reluctantly stomping the last few days in an effort to raise my MMR. It is not just because Myers is a powerful killer (if there's anyone who even thinks that) I'm not talking about game results and whether or not I win or lose, I'm talking about evident skill levels demonstrated by gameplay.

That is my experience. Believe it or don't, up to you, but if you choose to not believe people just because they disagree with you, that's a reflection on you.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,824

My took seraphor's words very literally did ya. Welp, ok then if we're going that route where's the prof that they're lying? Where's the prof of you telling the truth about "Not even streamers who play this game as a career see SWFS in their lobbies at any high rate."?

Now that we got that fun outta the way, the point (we believe) seraphor was trying to make was that the MMR works and is affecting their Meyers matches. You then claim it doesn't using career streamers as evidence. Seraphor then asked the quoted question with which the implication (not literal words) is asking how they're getting different skill leveled survivors with only Meyers than with their other killers. You then claim that they're lying. If we missed something point it out now.

Now how does these streamers experience equal to Seraphor? They're all (hopefully) different people right? Do people not get different experiences? If so we don't count as people.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,051

I wouldn't be surprised. The devs can't buff solo, because they won't buff killer enough to make an impact, because they've chosen SWF as their protected group. SWF gets to have their cake and eat it. Everyone else pays for it.