The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dedicated Server not Responding; Disconnecting

I've repeated had this occur to me today in my matches, not only is this issue rampant today but this is an ongoing issue that seems to be getting worse by each day. The developer team really should consider a server maintenance of sorts because I'm quite sick of getting a match penalty adding up to 30+ mins because the game servers are unstable.

This issue has been so bad in these past months that it's actually quite hilarious just how little health updates and server maintenance happen.

I'd love to enjoy playing DBD without the server crashing every couple of matches, I alongside many others would like to be able to play this game when we want without these constant server crashes.

15 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• ArcT
    ArcT Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 90
    edited March 19

Two out of three matches had dedicated server not responding tonight.

This is at least the fifth one of these threads that I have personally remarked on this.

Ever since the Alan Wake patch, servers have been horrific. No rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes survivor, sometimes killer. Sometimes a penalty for supposedly DCing, sometimes not. Just always extremely unstable.

West coast, US, if that makes any difference. This was exceedingly rare until a couple months ago, and is now unbearable.

Fix it already, or create better error messages so we all have at least some goddamned idea what's going on.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Yea I've had this happen several times to me in the past month or so too.

• ArcT

Twice in a row this afternoon again.

The one time I was playing with someone streaming, every person in the lobby's ping suddenly went red and two people dropped within 5 seconds of each other, but I got the "Dedicated server not responding" message, which is clearly completely incorrect because the server was still up and fine, despite at at least two people having over 500 ping for a moment.

I do NOT have this issue with any other online game I play, and did not have it with DBD until the Alan Wake patch. This is an actual, genuine NEW issue, as the multiple posts about it every week indicate. Whatever was changed in the connection code in January is causing clients to disconnect on far too much of a hair trigger, and the error message gives both an incorrect and unhelpful indication of what the issue is.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514

Yep - just had it right now.

PC/Steam

Knight on RPD - Europe - Germany

• Zerotoxiks
    Zerotoxiks Member Posts: 76

This has been happening to me very frequently over the last week. This use to never happen before.

please look into this devs this is a serious issue!

platform is Xbox NA West

• S1ow_Heavy_Breathing
    S1ow_Heavy_Breathing Member Posts: 10

I want to add onto this post saying I'm now experiencing this issue now literally every 2nd game or so and it's now giving me a dc penalty, I'm currently sitting at a 30 minute dc penalty because the dbd dedicated servers are literally dying from instability.

Platform: PC

Region: Oceania

• BigBrefis
    BigBrefis Member Posts: 4

For the last ten days, this has been happening to me too, repeatedly. I disregarded it when I was getting 3 and 15-minute bans, but now Im up to 24-hours, and I cant afford for this to continue. Its going to increase to so much more time, for no fault of my own. Prior to the last ten days, I only disconnected two or three times in just as many YEARS - and that was due to power outages while playing. However, in this last week or so, its happened over a half-dozen times. Im going to lose all the time for this Blood Moon event.

• S1ow_Heavy_Breathing
    S1ow_Heavy_Breathing Member Posts: 10

Just had this happen to me 3 times today already, when my queue times are already long enough. Please do something about your server stability BHVR, how hard is it to run a routine maintenance and server upkeep?

• bluex
    bluex Member Posts: 8

I play on PC (Steam),

I've had this issue since end of January, whenever i try to queue up for a game it would tell me that it found a match and takes me to the loading screen which stays loading for almost 30 seconds just for it to return me back to the lobby and tell me "dedicated server not responding... disconnecting".

I did submit a ticket twice and every suggestion to fix the issue pretty much failed, at the end they mark both of my issues as "resolved" 🤣 I literally cannot play the game unless I use a VPN.

I play a lot of online games and I've never faced such issue in any game where I get denied to find a lobby without a VPN.

What's weird is that when I let my friend host the SWF lobby I can play the game just fine but when I host or try to play solo/killer its Impossible to find a game.

I've been playing this game before Myers was even released and never had an issue like this before even when dedicated servers were introduced.

If any BHVR mod is reading this please prioritize fixing this.

• grumpybrat
    grumpybrat Member Posts: 4

have any of you found a fix? im scared to continue running up my penalty that's garbage we should be getting punsihed like this.

• Forest123
    Forest123 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

This problem has happened to me for over three months. I tried to uninstall the game and verify the integrity of the game and they don't work. I even tried to play on Epic. Just uninstall the game this issue takes forever to fix.

• CECtheRonin
    CECtheRonin Member Posts: 5

This continuously happens to me. It's gotten so frequent that I'm locked out of matchmaking for 72 hours. This seems to have been going on since last year. Does anyone at least know the cause?

• Drasour
    Drasour Member Posts: 1

i have also recently been dealing with this issue however it won’t stop been loaded into both survivor and killer games and dc a min or two in losing whatever items i take in and thought servers were buggy on ps5 but they werent so i do not know what to do

• MWW117
    MWW117 Member Posts: 2

This happened to me twice in a row today, between 12:30-1:30 AM, I was plating Alien. All my consumables that I used are gone. What's worse is that I was at the end of the match about to get 4 kills. PLEASE FIX THIS

• MWW117
    MWW117 Member Posts: 2

At least let me keep all the earned blood points and challenge progression up until that point! I was robbed of consumables, 4k wins, and my time. Please fix.

• ArcT

This is still intermittently happening for me, though since the Drac patch, much less frequently. The last two times it happened in the last couple days were both while hooking a survivor. Once on Spirit as the last hook doing the orange glyph challenge, which was especially annoying, and once on Singularity as just as a random relatively early in the game.

• iiJupiter
    iiJupiter Member Posts: 1

This happens to me at least once a day.