The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Perfect Opportunity For BHVR To Do A Collaboration With Warframe

Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,155
edited September 11 in Off-topic

In Warframe, we are REALLY, REALLY close to getting Warframe: 1999 (this is a major content update), which is Digital Extremes (the developers) attempt to modernize their original game "Dark Sector" to fit more into the Warframe lore and bridge the gap between many major story beats in the game.

One of the main factions in Warframe specifically is the infested…

Originating from the Technocyte Virus, it is able to not only manifest itself in biological creatures but also in technological structures as well, effectively acting as a hive-mind connecting metal and hardware to biology.

For all case and purpose, the version in Warframe: 1999 is Technocyte Coda, which is a variant of the Technocyte Virus.

NOW… why does all of this matter?

With Warframe getting Warframe: 1999, this is the perfect opportunity for BHVR to do a collaboration and make some DBD-themed cosmetics based on the Technocyte Virus.

Here is an example of what Technocyte Coda looks like for anyone curious:

But Infested Masses of flesh with mechanical parts and CRT TVs… if you really think about it, visually this would 100% fit in line with Singularity's visual design considering their mix of biological and technology parts.

How is it horror-themed?

As for the horror-aspect to fit DBD, it's a Virus that can inherently infect people without them being aware of it. Virus, are inherently scary, since reasonably anyone can be infected. But taking it a step further where an infect turns you into a mindless creature that only seeks to assimilate any and all living creatures into a single conscious hive-mind… the concept is definitely more scary.

Nor is the concept unheard of, it's explored in horror a lot, typically more by the zombie-genre, but it makes sense when you consider the fact that the Technocyte is MEANT to mimic zombies.

Other bits…

SOOO… yea. I dont really have anything else to say. Technocyte skins would look cool as hell and I hope BHVR decides to collaborate with Warframe.

(Also keep in mind I had to dumb-down a lot of the lore since the actual discussion of any amount of Warframe lore would be long and complicated. It's one of those things where you have to actively play the game and do a lot of reading in Codex entries to understand the slightest bit of what is going on.)

Comments

• abyssplayz
    abyssplayz Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 30

i'd rather see them work on what's wrong before adding more

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,155

It's an online game that is constantly adding and changing existing content. I dont think that will ever realistically happen.

Also the goalpost of what is "wrong" with the game constantly changes with the community. The developers nerf one thing and the community moves to the next thing as a result; and we would effectively never get new content if they followed that design philosophy.

Health patches are important, dont get me wrong, but if they only focused on health patches and never added anything new the game would get stale really fast.