The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I'm so done with helping "teammates" in solo q

KA149108
KA149108 Member Posts: 335
edited September 12 in General Discussions

I'm so sick and tired of doing gens, getting saves and the last survivior just rats me out.

I literally went across the map to help someone and they pointed the killer to me?!

Also, don't give crap that "well your not taking heat" WHY WOULD I RUN INFRONT OF THE KILLER WHEN IM THE ONLY ONE DOING GENS?!

I literally might aswell load in with a key and sit at the edge because doing gens and saves obviously doesn't get me anywhere 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 990

Doing gens is not the only thing that makes you a good teammate. Knowing when and how to take aggro, buying space for your team with perks and looping ability are arguably just as, or more important.

Your perspective is so strange to me. I'll 1 for 1 in the endgame to give someone else the opportunity to escape. It's baffling to me that crouching around the edge of the map waiting for your pity escape is somehow more fun than engaging with the killer or helping your teammates, but you do you.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 875

This is less feedback, and more of a Twitter post.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,259

I wonder how they are going to change Distortion. Would be very sad, if rats lost their Infinite hiding.

Devs should really change crows so you can't ignore them so easily.

• Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 218

You could sit on the edge and wait it out with a key but at some point you will come across killers like me that will slug the 3rd survivor and still hunt you down for the 4k.... Or wait until server end time is up which you get automatically sacrificed anyway.

Soloq is awful, pretty brutal actually. But avoiding gens, not doing your objective will not only fail in the long run but it's also a reportable offence.

• KA149108

Did you read it? I do gens, get saves, and being that I'm on gens yes I do get chased and like I mentioned I'm solo q so majority of the time gens aren't getting done if I'm not on them.

And you are 100% correct, sitting at the edge of the map waiting for hatch is very boring which is why I don't do it, but the point is, you try and help and still get basically done over so 🤷🏼‍♀️

• KA149108

More frustration really and saying that survivor teamwork is very bad at the minute.

• ZamasuManzon
    ZamasuManzon Member Posts: 186

I think it's borderline impossible that they make this crap more powerful than it's already is, so it must be a nerf or rework.
    Said the same thing about Adrenaline and was happy they just removed the heal on hook thing. It was pretty damn stupid it had this effect.

• KA149108

Yeh I don't want to do that, that's the point. I want games where I can help my team and it not be pointless and for nothing.

• doobiedo
    doobiedo Member Posts: 149
    edited September 12

Can anyone give an example of a survivor being banned or warned or anything for supposedly "not doing objective" at the end of the game. The whole concept is absurd, the survivors ultimate objective IS TO SURVIVE. Everybody keeps saying hiding when theres only 2 survivors is a "reportable offense" but a mod in this forum at one point said it isn't so....

It's just rich that so many killers want to tunnel, slug, bleed out, and say I'm not responsible for your fun, but then according to them if the survivors don't essentially give themselves up to the killer that's a "reportable offense". Just doing the thing any new survivor would do intuitively is a " reortable offense." Absurd. I find it hard to believe that any survivor player has been or would be banned for trying to survive.

• ZamasuManzon
    ZamasuManzon Member Posts: 186

I never camped outside EGC even before the Anti Camping being introduced, so I really don't like my fellow killer players when they do so.
    To be completely honest I only "camp" if the survs screw up and the poor hanging bastard is about to go another stage in, like, 10 seconds. Part of the job of the killer is punishing survs mistakes.

Anyway, we were in Hawkings (killer forced it) and the Mirror Myers decided to camp with 2 gens up.
    I tried to rescue the Ada, screwed up and fell like a bag of potatoes. In the end everybody escaped. I've stayed behind in one gate just to make sure a Jill escaped through the other gate and when I had sure Myers appeared in my gate, I T-Bag him just because I hate campers and then I get called a toxic and skill-less surv by the damn Ada that was being camped.
    From this day I simply work together with the other survs until I'm at the gate and when I am I simply leave.
    I even had Hope in my build just to help in End Game saves. Not anymore.

• Prometheus1092
    edited September 13

I can provide evidence from the Devs that state it's reportable as it's holding game hostage if gens are not being worked on and survivors are hiding. The objective is the escape not survive until the end of time. Regardless if you agree with it or not, it's BHVR game so they make the rules. Don't like it? Don't play

Another snippet of evidence that says 2 survivors not doing gens when hatch isn't available is an offence.

Curious what source said it isn't reportable when there are clearly 2 instances at least where it's been clarified as a reportable offense.

• doobiedo
    edited September 13

Yes I have seen that quote before. There was also a quote from a mod in this forum though saying hiding is never reportable, (don't remember what thread it was in) so I just want clarification. Is there an actual real life example of anyone being banned or even warned for hiding in endgame?

Yes I wish I could remember where the statement that hiding is never reportable was posted, i swear i did not make up or hallucinate it though.

• Prometheus1092

I'm not sure of any documented cases of bans for that exact reason if I'm honest.

Going on the basis for ultimate goal being survive... How exactly does hiding and avoiding gens until server end time means they survive? When server ends the survivors get sacrificed automatically, so hiding and not doing gens isn't accomplishing the goal of survival, it guarantees sacrifice in the longest way possible.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,157
    edited September 13

Don't sweat it man.

I just had a match against Dredge on Ormon, and he got 3 hooks before our first gen (granted, in LIGHTS OUT mode). Not only that, the 3 teammates just kept going for saves, without healing. Going down in 10 second chases, impossible to build any pressure. I ended up doing 2 gens, went for a save but was beaten by the people trying to farm altruism (I guess for the challenge). Ended up letting them all die after 2 of them were hooked and Dredge found the 3rd one. No point going down w/ the sinking ship, if I can help it.

I waited for the Dredge at 1 gate, knowing the other didn't have any lockers around he could TP to. Timed it well and got out.

1 of the teammates actually had the audacity to criticize me, saying all I did was hide in the corner of the map. I only started to hide after I had already given up and the team was dead. Before that I was on gen duty, b/c no one else was doing them. And no one was letting me take pressure or go for saves.

Some people just don't use their brain.

Although I will say, the worst is when you do everything for your team, whether its bodyblock, take hits, do gens, saves, heal, etc. You get first hooked, and your 3 teammates just leave right away.

• doobiedo

I guess my point is like where do you draw the line. Like yeah I mean if you hide that long that you actually die to the endgame that is absurd, but what if you hide for say, 10 minutes until the killer finds the other survivor and then you get hatch. It seems to me that, rather than being a reportable offense, it should really be on the devs to make some sort of mechanic to prevent everything from being dragged out so much.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131

rather than being a reportable offense, it should really be on the devs to make some sort of mechanic to prevent everything from being dragged out so much.

Yes, this has been requested. Often and loudly. It being reportable is useless, it doesn't stop it from occurring. Much as we'd like to be able to, we can't force the devs to add a game mechanic to fix it.

• Prometheus1092

I agree there should be a mechanic to prevent it or at least clarify how long a player can hide for without touching a gen. Seems no one knows if 5 min or 10min avoiding gen is too much or 20 to 30min. It's a very vague ruling.