The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Don't nerf SM, wait for her rework instead

Chocolate_Cosmos
Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736
edited September 12 in Feedback and Suggestions

SM atm is not strong killer, she is not needed to be nerfed and omg she absolutely doesnt deserve to be butchered like the is 2x stronger than Nurse.

Dont rush her like this. Wait for her rework and then change her, not just nuke her to remove her from game. Do not change her now, wait few months and then comeback with a serious changes, not a death sentence, this is awfull. She is not overpowered, she is just not fun.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• FrenchBagels
    FrenchBagels Member Posts: 193

Bro is complaining in advance. If I order the Chef’s Special I’m not gonna immediately say to the waiter that it’s trash because it has a lime in it.

Relax. The PTB is here for a reason. Try them out and if it still sucks then use the feedback forums.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,892
    edited September 12

Your getting desperate… I feel you. Thats how i felt when Sadako got changed. Im with you!

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,405
    edited September 12

You don't need to sorry - you are right. I've never touched this killer, and I have no clue.

But what I'm sure of - PTB is there for testing. And what was initially been posted - can be completely changed after PTB.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,405

They are 100% not ignoring the feedback - they are communicating and listening. It's just… Depends on the audience they are listening to.

What's the point of PTB if they are going to ignore the feedback, right?

• FrenchBagels
    FrenchBagels Member Posts: 193

They did not ignore the Knight feedback. They literally gave him what everyone wanted. They just didn’t immediately release it.

• Theuthis
    Theuthis Member Posts: 11

I don't understand these changes either, they're massively nerfing the most interesting part of her kit while leaving the uninteractive (and thematically unfitting) stealth mechanic untouched.

• No.
    The bug preventing the use of the GeForce filter, which was finally fixed in this update, was reported during the PTB but was ignored. The PTB is only a place to showcase new content. When it comes to the live servers, they just tweak a few numbers and do nothing else.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,523

Nah, they just prerpare for the Freddy buff. SM is just the human sacrifice that's needed for the entity to grant him unlimited power.

Seriously though, this is pretty awful. I mean, she's not fun to play against and not all that interesting to play as either but this doesn't fix that. So these problems remain and on top of that she's also horribly weak now.

SM was unfair in the same way a killer that would always get exactly 1 kill would be unfair. Not because the killer is too strong but because the results are guaranteed and that makes them very tedious to play against. These nerfs don't help with that at all and only make her even less appealing to play.

• ObsidianButterfly
    ObsidianButterfly Member Posts: 52

At this point, they might as well rework her into the Predator knock-off she looks like she was supposed to be. Give her invisibility and speed with some sort of ranged anti-loop while getting rid of the drones entirely.

• TheGriffinDore
    TheGriffinDore Member Posts: 83
    edited September 13

Skull Merchant could be the weakest killer in the game and still deserve these changes. Power level has nothing to do with it, it's a game health thing. She's incredibly uninteractive, painfully boring, and only beats survivors by drowning them in a sea of unavoidable AOEs. This killer was a mistake, and shouldn't exist for the overall health of DBD.

I don't feel bad for anyone who invested 100 prestige levels in a character so prone to constant changes and reworks due to how unhealthy she is for the game, just to immediately complain that she's getting gutted out like everyone saw coming over a year ago.

• Merciless_Killer
    Merciless_Killer Member Posts: 115
    edited September 13

Found the toxic player ;) In all seriousness though how is she any more "uninteractive" or "boring" than any other m1 killer? She plays in a similar way to Hag or Trapper.

• Shinkiro
    Shinkiro Member Posts: 52
    edited September 13

You don't need to test anything to see how garbage she is going to be nuking basically everything she has. None of these changes address anything, they just dumpster her for no reason. Her map control will be in the ground, her power is almost worthless being half as effective before you even factor in the survivor themselves, she has no chase potential anymore either. The hinder barely comes into play, the haste is what makes her chase even remotely viable, and she wasnt even that good of a killer to begin with.

The problem was never her in her current state, the problem is lack of information and knowledge of her power and people refusing to adapt and learn like it always is. It's like they took a survivor biased nerf wishlist off reddit and pushed it to the PTB. Malicious nerfing to pander to certain type of players is the worst thing a dev team can do.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 796
    edited September 13

I thought that the SM rework was this. But found out there is another one planned.

So.... what was the purpose of this all? Why release this when a rework will change everything anyway?

Also, why even rework her again? Did we just give up and decided "Yup, this is a failed concept."?

My serious suggestion: Just remove and later re-release her with a better power, lore and cosmetics. The power is getting changed regardless, might as well take few months longer and iron out everything else. And of course refund everyone who bought her and her cosmetics.

• Tits
    Tits Member Posts: 201

One thing that didnt help skull merchant's reputation was the playerbase using her were usualy the ones who couldnt care less about the survivors opinions about them playing skull merchant and theirfore also didnt care about their reactions to hard tunneling / camping with drones / slugging the whole team every round they ever played. To a point where people didnt just hate skull merchant for her power but for the people playing her as well. So now u got 85% of the community yelling "burn the witch! Delete skull merchant!" And the rest that actualy enjoy her and try to play fairly are just a tiny voice in the crowd. So im expecting they will keep her gutted till the rework which who knows might gut her even further with everyones attitude to her lasting over a year and a half so far

• francesinhalover
    francesinhalover Member Posts: 15

the speed nerf she got was enough. they went overboard on the nerfs.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,427

I think the entire game is doomed, and will never recover from this developer update (not PTB or actual update, just the blogpost)

We'd better start packing up. It was a pretty good run so far.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,178

I mean maybe, but if the Chef's Special is a plate of bees covered in pepper spray I'm going to wonder why they're even selling that at all. I also probably won't want to order it either.

• TheGriffinDore

Trapper's traps aren't 8m wide, they're disarmed faster, can't be remote reset, he doesn't have a +15% speed differential, his traps don't give him stealth, he can't look at a radar to find the most recent player to escape his traps.

Hag is 110%, Hag's traps have on-going exploits to always be out of lunge range, she can't remote reset her traps, Hag doesn't have a +15% speed differential, her traps don't hinder, (only at the cost of losing the TP entirely) she can't look at a radar to find the most recent player to trip her traps…

Are we even playing the same game? Is the game you're playing Dead by Daylight?

• Merciless_Killer

That isn't even an answer to what I asked. I asked what makes her more boring and uninteractive than those killers and you only gave me reasons she is stronger than them. Those aren't the same thing.

• TheGriffinDore
    edited September 14

Those are all reasons why she's awful. No one enjoys any of those things.

You also compared that abomination to things that are drastically different and less abominable, hence the response. How could I possibly ignore a statement so void of reason or understanding?

No one enjoys feeling like they're losing, or being handicapped without actually interacting with the opposing side. No one would be up in arms if her main source of lethality was being an 115% MS M1 killer, but it's a bunch of drones that not only aid her in chases vs. people who aren't even triggering her drones (super fun btw) but it also takes all of the skill out of tracking and chasing if someone is moving nearly 20% slower than they should be, and stuck on a radar. The killer just robs people of their skillset. Same reason why people hated quickscope Slinger on release, it was a skill-robbing character.

• Merciless_Killer

Again those aren't things that are boring or uninteractive. You just don't like them on her but are fine with them on other killers because they aren't her. If she had another killer's kit you would still be complaining. Your entire argument is basically that she has a power and that is bad.

Of course no one would be up in arms if she was just an m1 killer with nothing to help her get hits. That is why people loved old Billy so much - he was worthless. You aren't mad because survivors are handicapped. You are mad that killers aren't.