The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Distortion nerf opens a possible change to other perks

ChaosWam
ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,763
edited September 14 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hear me out. Distortion has been to go-to for a lot of stealth plays, to the point it's getting nerfed for being too potent. I propose more perks should have the addition of hiding auras, in meaningful ways. For example:

• Perks that hide scratch marks also hide your aura for the duration. Examples being Dance With Me, Parental Guidance, Deception and Babysitter for examples. The only one I can think of that may not need it is Yui's perk Lucky Break.
  • Perks that would be better with them in meaningful ways, like Bite The Bullet.
  • Perhaps even new perks that enable hiding your aura when doing specific actions if that's more balanced, within reason of course.

Any other thoughts on this?

Post edited by ChaosWam on

Comments

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 608

I've said this in other posts but I want this: Nerfing Distortion this way is good but now the developers have to buff other perks with an aura blocking effect: Bite The Bullet is an awfully bad perk but when it blocks aura reading during the heal, it can become a really good perk (protects you in your (teammates) weakest moment. Poised could get aura blocking for 30sec whenever a generator is completed. Friendly Competition could also get the aura blocking on top of it. With these changes, bad perks would become better which means we would see more variety on the survivorside instead of the same perks. I have a similar opinion about WoO. It is better to nerf these clutch-Perks rather hard and then give other perks a bit of their effect to make these perks better.

However, we have to be careful to not slap the aura blocking part on too many perks because otherwise we would be in the same situation where aura perks become useless and every killer runs full slowdown while also preventing the survivor situation where a Distortion user hides all the time which results in killer is more likely to tunnel. Aura perks are healthy for the game because many of them tells the killer to neither camp or tunnel and to not run full slowdown so sitting on a gen takes forever (If I want to complete a generator, I bug a generator simulator on steam).

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,763

That is my intention exactly. Add more aura blocking where it makes sense without repeating the same thing Distortion did.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 809

Sounds good, I'm in.