The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors aren’t left in the dying state too often this is a joke right?

Ryan489x
Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

players are left slugged almost every single game I’d say they’re left in the dying state a heck of a lot

Comments

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 878

We're all prone to reactionary thinking. Some of us just don't press SEND sometimes lmao

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 516
    edited September 14

35 seconds combined THROUGHOUT an entire match, its really not that much, it could less than 20 seconds per down of checking/doing other important things.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

43% is still a pretty high number confirmation bias aside I find another odd aspect of the community is that this game seems to get a free pass on other things that players attack the heck out of other dev teams for

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

43% more than 15 seconds

24% more than 35 seconds

When I play killer, depending on the situation, I tend to slug.

In my book, the chance to hurt a survivor is better than hooking.

And you also have to compose with flashlights, flash-bangs, …

All this makes picking up immediately less than optimal.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,057

Don't forget how common it is to get a down next to a pallet or a gen. Cleaning up after the down already adds a few seconds onto that 15s timer.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,219

I think these BHVR numbers are a bit misleading, because they didn't include the rate of 2+ minutes, or full on Bleedout deaths as well. I want to know what % of people are fully bledout, especially since after hook respawn, there is 0 actual justification for it (barring an IRL fire or the likes). Also 2+ minute bleedouts are also much too common as well, and I think its more telling that they decided to leave that number out.

Well, let me be more clear. Since they left 2+ minute bleedouts out of the stats, I truly think somewhere from 51-99% of the '35+ second' are actually 2+ minute/death bleedouts. That means this post to me, is BHVR admitting to ~12%, or 1 in 8 people being bledout for minimum 2 minutes. That number is WAY too high (for greater clarity I think 5% would be unfortunate but acceptable in the current climate/no self pickups). Even their official 24% 35s+ is enough to justify a basekit self-pickup IMO.

I largely agree with the 15s match total being a non-issue though.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

Yeah, I don't think BHVR's stats are reliable. They always look at the wrong stuff, don't take other factors into account, and do confirmation bias for the complainers. Just like when they nerfed Freddy back in the day. M1 killer with weaker Clown bottles, a super choreographed teleport, and stealth with a lullaby. But because he was the Skull Merchant of back then, "He's so OP we're not even gonna try, or learn strategy" (a self-fulfilling prophecy), they just nerfed him anyway because "he had a high kill rate." And then they used the opposite logic with Nurse where she had a low kill rate, and they've given her like 3-4 nerfs, and it didn't even solve the core issues with her. She's still the top killer. So that's what balance using BHVR stats looks like.

• upsideinsanity
    upsideinsanity Member Posts: 15

Lets take into account we have perks that exist for no reason other than to slug (knockout - which works more than once) and perks to counter it (unbreakable - which works once or soul guard which is situational) and we have killers that sheerly exist to slug (twins) so while the data may show 1/4 of every survivor in every game is slugged at least 35 seconds which they feel is "not a lot," if I am getting bled out in 1/4 of my games, I am not having fun. And if 4 killers running knockout and slugging till everyone bleeds out in 5 hours is "not a lot" then the devs need to play survivor in pubs more often.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 516

Just because you are slugged for 35+ seconds doesn't mean you bleed out by a long shot, ######### happens and adds up quickly, Killer powers are one of many reasons that could lead to some slugging

Also Knockout is and never was even remotely close to the top 10 for as long as i can remember, its pickrate is actually less than 1%.

If we assume that the the average DBD match is 15 minutes on average seeing 4 Killers using knockout in 5 hours would bring the perk in 2nd place beating Pop goes the Weasel by a signifact margin, so what you say is either a complete lie or delusional.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,404

Honestly, bring Boon Exponential. I massively pissed off a Spirit who was slugging for the 4k. Myself and the last survivor just kept picking ourselves up. She eventually hooked me and let hatch play out, but gave me a few good whacks on hook so I guess it was effective lol

• Sngfun
    Sngfun Member Posts: 221

I mean, the meta encourages hooking over slugging, even unbreakable, which is THE anti-slugging perk has a relatively low-pick rate, it kind of barely can be considered meta.

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 179

slugging is pressure. The end

• Sngfun
    Sngfun Member Posts: 221

Actually started running it because I hated 2 floor maps and my teamates got value, if you make sure it's around a 3 gen it can be really useful

• Negative_Xero
    Negative_Xero Member Posts: 5

Especially the super sweaty killers who slug to avoid the hatch spawning.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 786

Wow you are making a drama out of nothing and I agree with devs slugging isn’t common. It‘s not even too strong.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 970

BHVR know that when people talk about slugging as a problem we are largely talking about slugging for the 4K which happens in about 90% of matches I play as survivor. Using ‘overall statistics’ is a clear way to sideline this whilst ‘addressing concern’.

• MakeThemScream
    MakeThemScream Member Posts: 64

I am not really much left on the ground as Survivor. Never, really. I cannot use all the perks that would help me in this situation.

And as I killer I do not play like this. Just if i need the 4K, I will slug second to last survivor.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,268

17+ seconds per down for checking on average? Nah. - I mean, I don't know how your matches go but I don't see that level of checking in even a fraction of matches.

What I do see is that the ~15 seconds can happen if you kick a gen, check around the pallet, have to walk around the tile/vault cause the surv is on the other side of sth etc pp. That's a lot of times this happens but as I said that's alright. And then I see slugging for 4k or slugging the entire team for whatever reason. - But with the numbers given there's no way to tell how often or not often this happens, rendering that tweet pretty meaningless.

As someone else mentioned; it's interesting that they chose 35 seconds as a cut-off point. That's a minimum of 35 seconds though and call me cynical but it makes me suspect it was picked to lump the long slugging in with a duration that looks somewhat acceptable.

But as always with stats; they don't actually mean a lot without proper context. And we don't have proper context here. My first impression was just that those percentages of averages (keep in mind that standard averages heavily distort the picture once there are some extremes in play) look awfully high for the argument "slugging doesn't happen a lot". Really it's probably the "on average" that bothers me the most. They could have gone for the median, or better yet a histogram, for the duration survs spend in the dying state, starting at 30 seconds. - Up to 30 seconds is a reasonable amount of time if someone is downed three times. 10 seconds just for picking and an additional 20 seconds to check or kick a gen or whatever. I usually pick immediately so I think 30 seconds seems awfully long already - but to account for the three downs you can get max and those paranoid folks who check a lot, why not. I can see that being within an acceptable range.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

You would realize slugging isn’t a problem at all if you try using We’re Gonna Live Forever or Buckle Up. 20 straight matches yesterday with no value from either.

It’s not a problem at all.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136
    edited September 15

To clarify the stats, you're saying that full bleedouts are less than 1%? And if so, is that less than 1% of 24% or less than 1% of all matches?

And I imagine the stats can't distinguish between killers who purposefully bleed out a survivor and a survivor who crawls away to a corner and forces a bleedout. Or is that somehow able to be taken into account?

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 670

note on the ´´combined throughout the entire match´´

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,219

Thanks for the clarity. Do you happen to know the rates of 2m+ as well. I seem to always get the bleedout or 3m59s bleedout before hook as my last match of the night when playing Surv (because I'm certainly not playing another after that). I understand that negativity bias makes me think it is likely higher than it actually is, but I'm curious what the 2m+ category is at regardless.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,660

Sure, and the easiest way to break that 35s barrier is to leave one person slugged and look for the last survivor.

You're bound to have other situations where survivors are slugged, sure, but that's why most of them aren't for very long. If all the reasons killers would want to slug multiple times per match, slugging for the 4k is going to be far, far more often than having something like a boil over or sabo squad.

These stats very clearly say that under 'normal' gameplay, survivors aren't going to be slugged for long. It's the outlier situations, like those I mentioned, that cause extended slugging.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 683

Because it's exceedingly rare to be slugged for any reason that isn't tactical, and because most players are not toxic on purpose to be toxic. Slugging as an issue is way way way overblown.

So's camping and tunnelling, TBH. But I do not think the community is mature enough to have that discussion.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,317

Thats the total amount of time left on the ground. If you got downed 3 times the killer spending between 5 to 12 seconds each time to do the bloodwipe animation, kick a pallet/gen and maybe look around isn't too crazy

• LordGlint

Keep in mind, that's not JUST people checking corners. You're also looking at people who play ranged killers that have to go fetch you and might reload before doing so, or... while they are incredibly rare... twins players. Get a down with Victor and your gonna be walking to go fetch.

When taking just the attack cooldown+ maybe a vault to the other side and multiply that by 3, I can already see THAT being 15 seconds, lol.

• XombieJoker
    XombieJoker Member Posts: 53

Survivors aren't left slugged very often… No lullaby in Lights Out and I went for the save to have a hatchet hit me from afar, then I got slugged until the last survivor was downed, my bleed out was at 1/3

• The amount of rage from people upset by the stats in this post is pretty amusing. I also wonder if these stats factor in the time killers spend wiping their weapon after downing them, around 7-8ss in total if you down a survivor 3 times?? So what we're talking like 7-8s on average if that's the case? Relax people, it's human nature to remember bad things more vividly than good things, no one is picking on you and you don't get slugged/tunneled/camped every other game, you probably just don't enjoy the game anymore unless you win.

• LordGlint

@Mandy Does this count plot twist?

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,656

Plot twist probably has less than a 2% pick rate. Regardless of whether or not it counts, it wouldn't move the statistics very much.

• LordGlint

I didn't think it overly skewed anything, was just curious. I just just imagine someone starting a match with no-mither and plot twist, bleed themselves out in a corner and take a screenshot to post on the forums after cropping out the perks to complain.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

So I'm not crazy. Given the statistics, slugging for a long time isn't common and slugging to death is rare.

These statistics are certainly matching my experience.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,268
    edited September 16

I don't have an issue with the 15 seconds. - Like I said: I can see it taking up to that long and still being within the norm - but we're also looking at the average. If a killer just downs a surv and can insta pick that's three seconds, five tops. Killers can insta pick a lot. What does that mean for the pick ups that take longer than five seconds? That's what I mean with the average distorts the image and why the number seems a bit high for claiming a non-issue; I'd expect that the times where a killer can and does insta pick drastically lowers the number.

And as I say: It's more the 35secs I really take an issue with. I mean - if it actually takes killers that long to pick…. I can see how they're struggling even with a ton of slowdown. If you occasionally take that long; sure. But consistently? If you need so long that you usually (that's median not averge though) need 15+ seconds to pick a surv up every time one is downed…that's something the killer player should be looking at.

But let me repeat: The more I think about it the more I think that statistic is essentially meaningless without proper context/being able to check the data yourself.