We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Why do people hate the hag still?

LadyOwO
LadyOwO Member Posts: 370
edited September 15 in General Discussions

Everytime I play her and kill survivors I get hate mail from people shaming me for playing a "Overpowered Killer". If anything the hag is just meh though. I Don't camp with hag , I just defend my Devour Hope totem and it just snowballs to the point I kill every survivor so I'm Really confused.

Comments

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 942

You need to coordinate against a Hag that's camping her Devour totem. That's really hard to do in solo queue. I think she's okay with some communication though.

• Gastongard
    Gastongard Member Posts: 136

Yes, Im not saying the opposite, I think its a really boring and really bad design a killer basekit where you need so many coordination and team work in a game where most people play solo, and devs wont also give survivors tools or mediums to comunicate or have some kind of little coordination. Its kinda the same as old SM, where you needed the most coordinated team to break a 3-gen, it was almost impossible playing solo against her.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,400

It's because they're cowards. Hag is one of my favorite killers to face (although I only get to do so like once every 2-3 months at absolute best 🙁)

• LadyOwO

You can literally erase her traps though. Urban Evasion makesit easier to play against her tbh

• LadyOwO
    edited September 15

Most of her good Add-ons remove her teleporting though? Really no reason to run her iri Add-ons and pretty sure mint rag adds a 10 second cooldown to her teleports.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,154

The only 3 that does is the rusty shackle,scarred hand and the waterlogged shoes.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 1,025

Hag is good at proxycamping and 3-genning. That's it.

She is also a great killer when you want to jumpscare people.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,294
    edited September 16

She forces survivors to coordinate and play slow. Any killer that forces macro gameplay on a role designed to not facilitate that is going to be frustrating. I don't hate her, but I get it. I hug edge map and hold W in chase. Hag ignores me. Teammate runs by basement for no reason. Game over. I get punished hard for a teammate mistake but have no ability to correct it, especially if they're on console and have no chat.

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 307

People hate any Killer who doesn't play along with their preferred playstyle and forces them to change their tactic or play under their conditions.

"This Killer is boring" = "This Killer refused to entertain me when I tried to loop them and stun them with every pallet on the map"

"This Killer is OP" = "My go-to approach didn't work with this Killer and their use of powers, nerfs when"

"This Killer is for noobs" = "I absolutely refuse to observe and analyze, so I'd rather call my opponent noob who is too afraid to challenge a pro like me"

I used to hate facing Hag because of how jumpscare-y she is, but now I appreciate her a lot more because she reminds that DbD is supposed to be a horror game. She is also tricky to play, but is capable of making trials absolutely diabolical. So, ignore the hate — it mostly comes from players who think that Killers are some kind of party clowns.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 793

Hag isn't and was never overpowered:

she has increadible camping potential, outside of that she has to pray that someone runs into her traps for her to be getting hits in any way, you shouldn't go down against a m1 4.4 killer normally. Of course that's a little bit unrealistic, she can still hit you with mindgames, but generally she's way to easy to loop if you aren't in her web.

In the end she's probably just awful to play against for many players in soloq and a joke for swfs xD

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,716

That killer is one of the most easily bullyable ones.

I used to play her regularly but I've given up: she is broken in too many ways.

Survivors fearing her ("hating" if you wish) simply don't know how to make her utterly powerless.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 672

Probably cause whenever on the rare occasion you actually encounter a hag they're normally quite good and have a similar play style to a 3 genning skull merchant. Barely commit to chase and zone off areas stringing out games.

I don't personally hate playing against them, but it can become quite tedious. Luckily it's not that common for me. Now Legion games on the other hand I really don't like. People just don't really know what to do and just give up all the time at 4-5 gens.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,164

Because they don't like having to use strategy or work as a team to beat the killer. You can beat Hag without doing that, but that's good survivors. Bad survivors will just run into areas where she's clearly trapped over and over, and gift a free win to the killer.