Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Light's Out!- Candelabras in Chests???

I LOVED the first iteration of Light's Out!, though there were several issues with it that still haven't been addressed in even this current version. I'm not going to bother listing them here, there are already 50 billion posts talking about these issues.

I could get past all of them, though, if candelabras didn't make up like 99% of the loot I find in chests. I have found 3 tool boxes, 3 maps, 0 med kits, and 2 flashlights compared to probably over a hundred candelabras at this point. It's ridiculous. No one needs that many candelabras.

I get that Light's Out! isn't a fun mode to a lot of players. One of the things that made the first iteration so much fun to me, though, was finding a flashlight and trying to pull off a flashlight save. Combine that with the spooky aesthetic of seeing a Meyers slowly walk toward you from out a dark door way, and it was a genuinely fun game mode to me.

Trying to get a flashlight save was already a fun little challenge because you had to 1) find a flashlight, 2) locate an injured survivor being chased by the killer with 0 music/terror radius, 3) keep a good distance so as to not be spotted while also not straying too far away that you lose the killer and survivor, 4) position yourself so that you can attempt the save, such as by predicting where the survivor will go down and which direction the killer is most likely to face (made all the more difficult by the dark). It's nearly impossible to try this now, though, because of the ridiculous abundance of candelabras in chests.

I've yet to play a match where survivors have come anywhere close to using up all the candelabras. Hell, a ton of survivors just avoid using them because they are like beacons to the killer.

Comments

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,674

Survivors aren't using up candelabras, because the only way to get rid of them is for a killer to knock one off of a generator. If a candelabra is on the ground, or in a chest, then the killer can't do anything to them. And if a killer knocks a survivor to the ground, that doesn't destroy a candelabra either.

This means survivors can just leave candelabras on the ground next to a generator until it's around 99%, then place the candelabra on a generator, then pick up the candelabra after the generator is 100% done.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

I like that the candelabras add a bit of strategy. Use them as map markers. I put two at each exit gate to mark them, because once the gens are done a lot of times survivors really need the help, especially if someone makes a hook save and now they're all turned around. Hugging the wall until you find a door is not good, and I see it happen a lot when the doors aren't marked.

The survivors I see who are constantly holding the candles hurt my brain. I watched one crouch-walk around the entire map and hide in corners while holding a candle. There are no scratch marks but they're walking the slowest way possible while holding a bright beacon that can be seen through walls, they are somehow doing everything wrong at once. I've also had many survivors go and move the candles away from the door; not put them anyway useful, just move them and drop them to a useless spot. At that point I think I'm playing with trolls who are purposefully sabotaging the match.

Use a candle to find a gen and place the candle near it. Don't carry it around. Use the darkness as your ally.

survivors can just leave candelabras on the ground next to a generator until it's around 99%, then place the candelabra on a generator, then pick up the candelabra after the generator is 100% done.

^ And this.