The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Mori bonus BP too high

GolbezGarlandGabrant
GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979
edited September 17 in 8.3.0 PTB Feedback

Killers already make more BP base.

Then you add mori into their basekit.

Iri Moris are 30,000 which is essentially a match worth of BP just by playing the game and doing objective.

We already have people who play for early 3v1 and this rewards it further.

During anniversary and other events these moris will just increase toxicity. Survivors will play their cakes and then killers will play moris and just be jerks.

Post edited by JocelynAwakens on

Comments

• Oh they'll be guaranteeing themselves the bounty. It's like people who weaponize DS. No one wants to bring something and not get anything out of it.

• That's the thing though. Where do they come up with these figures. They've basically obsoleted any of the category offerings…even the 100% a category.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 687

Boost this early. Boost this often. Boost this everyday.

Stop removing the fun from the game, BHVR. Iri and Green Moris should stay as they are right now. Do not change a thing. Cypress basekit, Moris are now a points event, and LEAVE GREEN AND IRI MORIS ALONE.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,533

They were obsolete anyway. You can bring a pudding or party streamers pretty much every game without worrying that you'll run out. So I really see no reason why we have all these different BP offerings. They could at least delete the yellow and brown rarities. They're not even worth bothering to equip them.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 678

It's not just that. The idea of Finisher Mori as a whole is simply unhealthy.

By hiding the Mori animation behind a 4k, it automatically incentivizes people to slug for the 4k...and we all know how fun and riveting it is.

Not to mention it also indirectly encourages proxy-camping/tunnelling, reduce Killer variety and perk variety in order to get that juicy animation (which I guarantee will get old really quick and will be met with more scorn than a normal 4k, it would be a matter of time before Mori animations are seen as a form of BM like "let me rub my victory in your face a bit longer with this cutscene") since when Survivors start to get better, weaker/slower/M1 Killers tend to struggle more and need to play more aggressively to compete.

Hiding Mori behind 4k is, in my opinion, only going to make people hate those animations and will make the game even less casual/newcomer-friendly than it already is.

There's a reason why the dreadful basekit Unbreakable was attempted alongside the previous Finisher Mori PTB: otherwise every single games would just end in a slugfest. Hell, during that PTB there were more bleedout games than normal even though people could get up because Killers wanted that animation after tunnelling the first 2 Survivors.

However, I have a possible idea to keep Finisher Mori BUT make it healthier;

What if you can Mori the last Survivor by your hand without needing a perk/offering BUT can only do so if said Survivor was downed AFTER hatch spawned (which means either a 3k was already achieved or everybody else got out). A Mori made in this fashion would offer a massive BP boost (further enhanced by Mori offerings which would keep their old effect alongside giving an incrementally higher BP bonus depending on rarity).

This would incentivize people to NOT slug for the 4k and play the match in it's entirety. This wouldn't affect those that already slugged for the 4k but would reward those that don't and take a gamble to win the Hatch race. This is perfect.