The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Skull merchant seems very weak

The hindered nerf feels excessive, me and one of my friends were playing on the PTB and they thought the hindered was bugged because they could barely feel it unless I was running the green extra hindered add on. The haste being removed does not feel good either .

I think drones starting in active mode is good. I know however that a trap setting playstyle is enjoyed by SM players such as Pixelbush and I think the removal of the second scan line has made that significantly weaker.

Versing her doesn't feel like much has changed other than she is a lot weaker. This is first impressions but I was suspecting it from reading the patch notes they released.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,345

They completely reverted the planned Twins rework and Freddy has been pushed back a few times now. There's no way to know when BHVR will actually put out a rework for Skull Merchant as they seem perfectly fine with leaving her in a terrible state.

• イエローミント
    イエローミント Member Posts: 188
    edited September 17

It’s too easy to avoid the scan lines. At the very least, the acceleration of the Skull Merchant herself should be toned down, and two scan lines should be maintained.

However, the change where scan lines can’t be seen from a distance hasn’t been applied, and you can still see the scan lines from anywhere. If this change were implemented, perhaps even just one scan line might be acceptable... But as it stands, the Skull Merchant in the PTB feels like an unnecessary nerf.

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 710

Noticed some odd things. Played 4 games in custom with bots so far and the results are…ew. I cant make a post on it atm but in a few days I can and Ill write down all of my findings and stats. So far, this is embarrassingly extreme nerf that even the bots cant take serious. It REALLY feels like I dont have a power and Ive had 2 games go by where I dont get a single claw trap on a survivor. Really nervous for actual matches

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,383

I've already had actual matches and yeah, it is really really bad.

If someone out there is still getting DCs or easy 4ks I would love to see what really happens in those games.

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 324
    edited September 17

Yeah, I believe that when I see it. My money on we won't see the SM till 2026. I don't care what the devs say, they never delivered a huge rework on time. Look at twins. Enjoy the wait everyone..going to be a long one.

• jasonq500
    jasonq500 Member Posts: 139

I truly think they just need to revert the scan line nerf and not go through the idea of reworking her

I really think she can still be salvage in her current state, just not the way bhvr did to her

• Merciless_Killer
    Merciless_Killer Member Posts: 115

She should gain bloodlust even when placing drones and looking at her scanner if they are going to get rid of haste

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,383

1 injure from claw trap per match seems to be the average, yes, at least in my experience so far. I wanna play a few more games, but this is not looking good.

• Backmon
    Backmon Member Posts: 236

She get Freddy treatment

• Backmon
    Backmon Member Posts: 236

But it works every time not only when aslepp. Plus her addons are stronger. So she is bottom 3 now (Freddy and Trapper still worse)

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 406

Yeah this is overkill she not even that strong to warrant this guttering, i dont understand why the devs has wasted time and resources on her when she is getting a rework next year.

If they want to tone down her kill rate which is fair enough even though i highly suspect it due to survivors hook quitting. Then get rid of the hinder and let her keep haste. Rework the hinder addons to give a 1% increase to her haste speed or a 1 sec increase duration then leave her till her rework

iam clearly frustrated with this guttering and my gut tells me all this feedback will fall onto deaf ears but im willing to voice this as if we accept this guttering style then it will have a nasty ripple effect for future killers balancing

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,345

Survivors passively fall asleep.

Survivors don't passively gain lock on.

Even with the sleep requirement, survivors are going to be hit by snare slow way more often than they will get hit by drone slow since they need a claw trap and manage to hit the very avoidable singular scanning line.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 162

bump

• Shack_gen_biopod
    Shack_gen_biopod Member Posts: 4

Yes I feel 3 stacks for health and hindered doesn't compare to someone like Legion who gets the first health state free.