The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

We get it. You want to sell Moris. This ain't it.

Ohyakno
Ohyakno Member Posts: 991

This Mori change only encourages people to slug for the 4k at endgame for their BP. Now I don't care about BP, what I do care about is seeing my dope knight and singu Moris. Typically I just go AFK when hatch spawns because I do not care. Game won. Why are you trying to force me to sweat for these dumb animations I like?

I get it. You want to make Moris more common so you can sell them. But you don't have to implement this unhealthy system nobody wants to do it. Try rolling them out in the shop. I guarantee people will buy them and run their own offering to see it organically. People will buy Moris without you forcing this change. Promise.

Comments

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,580

I guarantee you I wouldn't buy moris in the shop if I still have to spend an offering for it.

Slugging for the 4k isn't new.

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 339

do they really want to sell moris? people already balk at the astonishing $4.99 DLC prices

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 991

That's why they added functionality to preview them. That's why they're trying to make them possible every game, regardless of offering. It's obvious.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,891

I am curious if BHVR plans to add more Mori perks...

There is this idea that if you can just Mori with an offering, why bring a perk? This change opens more potential for perks to replace Mori offerings (which makes sense, as offerings shouldn't really function as a 5th perk slot).

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,891
    edited September 17

I mean, even if the effect is weak... it still is an effect that grants a direct benefit to the killer… it is literally impossible to save a survivor who is on death hook who gets downed...

I like Mori's, and I'm not of the opinion it's a big deal... but it is objectively true that having a Memento Mori offering is an advantage in game over not having it... so by that definition, it is a 5th perk, albeit a rather trivial one.

Most players don't run it cause bloodpoint offerings are better in terms of relative value or they need a certain map for their build to work... I'm just saying, there is potential for more perks to be made to include Mori's if the Mori offerings don't have them.

After all why take a perk that can Mori, if you can take a stronger perk and a Mori offering?

• SanelyOsp
    SanelyOsp Member Posts: 69

Then make the yellow offering basekit and keep the others intact when someone feels like Moring more people.

It ain't difficult.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 678

It's not just that. The idea of Finisher Mori as a whole is simply unhealthy.

By hiding the Mori animation behind a 4k, it automatically incentivizes people to slug for the 4k...and we all know how fun and riveting it is.

Not to mention it also indirectly encourages proxy-camping/tunnelling, reduce Killer variety and perk variety in order to get that juicy animation (which I guarantee will get old really quick and will be met with more scorn than a normal 4k, it would be a matter of time before Mori animations are seen as a form of BM like "let me rub my victory in your face a bit longer with this cutscene") since when Survivors start to get better, weaker/slower/M1 Killers tend to struggle more and need to play more aggressively to compete.

Hiding Mori behind 4k is, in my opinion, only going to make people hate those animations and will make the game even less casual/newcomer-friendly than it already is.

There's a reason why the dreadful basekit Unbreakable was attempted alongside the previous Finisher Mori PTB: otherwise every single games would just end in a slugfest. Hell, during that PTB there were more bleedout games than normal even though people could get up because Killers wanted that animation after tunnelling the first 2 Survivors.

However, I have a possible idea to keep Finisher Mori BUT make it healthier;

What if you can Mori the last Survivor by your hand without needing a perk/offering BUT can only do so if said Survivor was downed AFTER hatch spawned (which means either a 3k was already achieved or everybody else got out). A Mori made in this fashion would offer a massive BP boost (further enhanced by Mori offerings which would keep their old effect alongside giving an incrementally higher BP bonus depending on rarity).

This would incentivize people to NOT slug for the 4k and play the match in it's entirety. This wouldn't affect those that already slugged for the 4k but would reward those that don't and take a gamble to win the Hatch race. This is perfect.

• tparadise
    tparadise Member Posts: 83

On top of all the other valid arguments against Finisher Moris, it's simply just not giving what y'all want it to give. Like it's not the climactic end to the match it's being sold as. It's just the same animations we've seen 100 times. The new ones you want to sell us will get old too after the 3rd or 4th time we seen them.

It's not worth changing a whole aspect of the game for something so inconsequential. Now on the other hand, survivors photobombing a Ghostface, that's a climax. Or a killer mori-ing a survivor mid match then every survivor that's on death hook suddenly becoming on edge that they could be next, now that's a climax. Please don't kill the fun of this game. The whole community is begging you.

Also side note, the mechanic you've added to clear/hide objects in the camera doesn't even work properly. Well at least on killers with 1st person moris

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,132

Cypress moris being basekit would be fine.

This new system is not fun. Not fun for the killer, who wants more control over who they mori and when. Not fun for survivors, who right now can take part in the current mori system with photobombing, playing the lute, or just watching from the sidelines. This takes away player agency on both sides.

I've been interested in being able to get new moris for old killers for a long time. I will be completely uninterested in purchasing moris if this change goes through, though.

• Feneroe
    Feneroe Member Posts: 224

This is an incredibly stupid change and, honestly, why would people want to buy an animation they only see if they end a match in the most tedious and time wasting way? If they want to sell moris, leaving things as they are now or just making cypress base kit would be a much smarter way to handle things so more people actually want to buy moris.

• Tits
    Tits Member Posts: 203

I dont see them going through with some of the things in this ptb since everyone isnt happy with it alredy. And when it comes to the finnisher mori there isnt a single person in the entire feedback saying its good. Most say just make yellow mori basekit and keep green and red as offerings for multi moris as it would not effect the game too much and add the finnisher mori they seem desperate to add (coming back to it for a second ptb). Either that will be the likely outcome if we continue to spam that message, or they really arent listening to our feedback.

• IHasDan
    IHasDan Member Posts: 45

I don't think many people would buy mori's from the shop if it's just for an offering. I think some version of basekit mori should exist but the current version is pretty bad. The idea I thought of is a small change from the current system, you should be able to mori one of the last 2 survivors without any offerings. 99% of the time when you down someone with 2 people left it's a guaranteed kill anyway unless you let the teammate save. It should reduce slugging for the 4k seeing as you don't need to for the mori animation, also it takes out the issue of rng from hatch/door spawns preventing moris.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 678
    edited September 18

I have wanted new Mori animations for Ghostface, my Main, for a long time. I have been hoping to purchase a theoretical one that mimics one or more of Scream's iconic kills for a very long time. I want to be able to Casey Becker a Survivor on the hook; I want to be able to do the throat stab Ghostie does on a character in Scream V; I would adore to be able to do the double-knife stab on a Mikaela like he does in CoD. I have bought basically every Ghostface cosmetic, I would even buy Ghostface charms and badges and banners if they came to the store. I have played this Killer consistently for about two years now and I am still not bored of him.

I. Love. This character. I have loved this character for over 23 years, since I first was scared of him as a child back in 1996. I love Scream and I love all things Ghostface; it's a part of my nostalgia and my childhood. All I have ever wanted in my horror fan and gamer life, was a game where I could be this iconic slasher. DBD gives me this experience, and I love it for that. I will never drop this Killer no matter how weak he becomes.

Because of this, I am also pretty good at and highly dedicated to this Killer. I genuinely friggin' love being a Ghostface Main. Every time I load into a trial I can't wait to see if the Survs will interact with me and how they will do so. I love being booped and all the little comments and kindnesses I get… and I really, really love Moris. I have a Mori album, I love being photobombed. I actually bring Moris and Mori perks in the hopes people WILL photobomb them. I bring them for that entire reason, not to sweat, I WANT Survivors to have fun with me as the Killer because Moris. Are. Fun. And interactive.

This change eliminates one of the most fun parts of the game and my Main to him, and I guarantee if you let this change go through unaltered, I will never buy a single Ghostface Mori you create. Because why would I? I'll basically never ever get to see it.

And sadly, the same will be true of every single other Killer I run. Even the non-licensed ones.

Post edited by GonnaBlameTheMovies on
  • GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 678

Boosting because these all need to be on the front page so BHVR can't ignore them. This change cannot go live with Green and Iri Moris gutted like this.