The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Does anyone like the 8.3.0 PTB? I think it's the worst PTB ever

EldenRing
EldenRing Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
edited September 18 in 8.3.0 PTB Feedback

I dislike it completely. Skull Merchant changes sucks. The new mori sucks. This patch is so boring other than some perk changes that I like but everything else is just gimmicky or adding more aura perks to the pile of aura perks.

This nerf to skull merchant is quite possibly the worst killer nerf in the history of dbd.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 293

Well, from positives: I like the perk changes. I'm thinking about changing windows to inner focus and off the record to blood rush, I'm feeling we're gonna see more sprint burst users in future

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,533

Nah, we had way worse PTBs in the past.

The nerf to Skull Merchant is definitely bad but I think what they did with Freddy is overall worse. Just barely though.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 162

just a boring Nerf everything patch

• doobiedo
    doobiedo Member Posts: 149

I hope you're right but i'm worried that the distortion nerf combined with even more aura reading perks is going to make kill rates go up and the giving up problem skyrocket even more, and I don't even use distortion.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 675

The whole patch is rotten. Maybe the worst since the Twins rework PTB.

Half of the changes should not go live, more are questionable, and only a small few kernels are positive - mostly perk updates and the fact we have a Finisher Mori/points on Moris at all. The rest should be tossed out.

• arcaneGospel
    arcaneGospel Member Posts: 235

I honestly think what they did to Freddy is better—Not good, god no—but that wasn't a decision made out of spite to allow survivors to keep running around without eyes in their head. The Freddy rework was a mistake, but it had some good ideas, and didn't come from a place of malice. The Skerchant rework is genuinely pretty insulting, though, and I think it's shown BHVR's hand—between this and the massive Knight nerfs—that they don't really care for making killers more fun to verse, just worse. In that sense, Freddy is also better. He was an outlier, whereas Skull Merchant is revealing what might become a really bad trend, of soft deleting killers because they weren't Dash Killer #39 and required survivors to pay attention too often.

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 174

Skull merchant nerf plus hyper focus and corrective action make it close to the worst

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,614

Has more bad than good imho

I like some of the perk changes but some of them are seriously overpowered or problematic

If it's going live as is, i just hope the halloween event is good.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies

Don't forget gutting Moris for no reason because "well Killers just 4k slug anyway - let's reward them for it!" when mid round Moris are much healthier!

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    edited September 17

I'm scared it won't be. What if they are bringing back those horribly Survivor sided void portals? If they do it will suck bad. I really hope the Devs aren't gonna rehash the same event… give us something new and interesting please!

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,533

The results are the same. Not to mention Freddy was kicked a bunch of times when he was already down. I mean they gradually shadow nerfed his dream pallets about a year ago. I have no idea why and it doesn't make sense to me but they did. On top of that pretty much all perks that used to be good on him were nerfed. So that's a few more passive nerfs.

I agree though that their strategy with Skull Merchant is probably the worst we've ever seen.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183
    edited September 17

I mean the perk changes are good, some just need minor tweaks to not be busted (like Zanshin getting a duration reduction, Corrective Action not charging perks like Hyperfocus etc). The only thing that might be conceptually flawed out of the perk changes is, like, Dead Man's Switch.

Finisher Mori will be fine as long as they leave the actual offering Moris alone. The killer tweaks are the weakest part of the patch, but they're fixable.

• アトミック
    アトミック Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5

8.3.0 is not good

• ppmd
    ppmd Member Posts: 106

I like a fair bit more than I dislike about this patch. I think they gave some good things to both sides and took away some as well. It's definitely a bit of a shakeup.