The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Did devs forget about them nerfing “Mangled” and healing but then reverting the healing nerf?

So what’s up with healing? Mangled was nerfed and to compensate healing was nerfed as well but later the nerfs were reverted. Are the devs planning to nerf healing or did they forget?

Comments

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,465

I was against 24 seconds healing then, but nowdays I think healing 100% should be 20 sec by default, ESPECIALLY after hook stage became 70 sec. I run Botany + Emphatic connection a lot now, sometimes with CoH, and healing literally doesn't exist, it's almost instant.

In swf we built some insane builds with healing and killers dc'ed and called us cheaters when saw us healing for ~5 seconds whole match. Hit and run killers have z e r o chances against this, hits means nothing.

But most survivors don't understand how strong healing perks are, there were no healing perks in top-15 even when Sloppy wasn't useless garbage, so I still don't understand why it was nerfed to begin with.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,082
    edited September 18

maybe because your stacking so many healing perks that it becomes non-existent. that's kinda trade mark of stacking perks. some people debate whether stacking perk is good design and have often ask bvhr many times to create perk restriction or point systems or all kind of ideas to prevent stacking 4 gen defence perks, 4 gen-boosting perks, 4 anti-tunnel/exhaustion type perks, etc. etc.

the short answer is they nerf med-kit and then nerfed mangled to be almost irrelevant effect because they deemed mangled too strong.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,465

Botany alone is enough to neutralize and still provide value through Mangled. Killers perks should provide ~4 times more value than survivors ones, but somehow perk which provide less value than almost any perk in this category on other side is getting nerf. And Botany isn't even strongest healing perk.

We either nerf healing, or bring in line all perks in this category.

And obviously stacking something on both sides always will be a thing, synergy is always good design, it make game more fun and flexible, just some synergies need attention sometimes.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,082
    edited September 18

no, they should provide == value to a killer bringing a perk. the problem is that killer perk are hot garbage for -healing. They also DON'T HAVE any good -healing perks to stack. The first form of -healing to acquire is mangled. this got nerfed. sloppy got nerfed to the ground and gift of pain comparatively now became better.

The second perk that killer have to stacking healing is leverage. this perk is trash and it even got nerfed in 8.3.0 PTB to not be global anymore. I am going skip thanatophobia as this got nerfed long time ago. The next perk is dying light. this perk adds -3% healing boost but it also provides +33% healing for obsession and obsession ignores it. also a very bad perk. ironically it is now 2nd best anti-heal now that leverage got deleted. last but not least, we have hex:pentiomento, this perk provides whomping -30% healing when 2 totems are up. first of all, good luck trying get 2 hex:penti to stay up in first place and the perk requires you to run other hex perks to get cleanses. coulrophobia is -50% within tr but tr for all killer is way too small and the perk isn't consistent on anything other than double calm doctor with distressing.

survivors easy accessible ways to stack +healing but killer option are all bad and not very good. i am not sure why it is ok for SWF to stack instant-healing builds that heal in seconds but it is bad if killer tries use perks to counter them. classic bvhr balancing.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

Yeah no, 24 second heals were a huge slog. We don't need any changes to base healing speed at all.

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 177

Mangled and hemorrhage should be reverted. It made hit and run so much less viable