The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Rework Totem Spawns

Hex builds are so hit or miss it's just luck of the draw whether your totem is actually going to spawn hidden in a nook somewhere or right next to a wall out in the open for the world to see. Totem spawns are long overdo for a pass to get rid of some of the worse spawn locations, while also ensuring that the killer isn't completely wasting a perk slot:

1. Remove open spawn locations, or move them to better locations. Totems should always be in a corner, between objects, or between foliage: never out in the open or against an I wall.
  2. Remove the possibility of a killer's Hex Totem spawning right next to survivor starting locations. Dull Totems are fine, but if the game sees a survivor is set to spawn immediately next to a Hex Totem it should reroll the spawn location for either the survivor or the Hex Totem.

Comments

• AndryBridge
    AndryBridge Member Posts: 56

This is a bit unreasonable. Totems are meant to be found; you can’t expect a curse to last forever. If you want to play with totems, look at The Artist. You’re asking for something the game wasn’t designed for, and you might be one of those who complains about every good thing that works well for survivors. A bit of reflection before writing wouldn’t hurt.

• Valimure
    Valimure Member Posts: 83

Totems were designed as an alternate objective that can get survivors off gens for a bit.

However, when one spawns right next to a survivor's starting location there is very little you as a killer can do to get there in time - that's not good design, and it's easily fixable.

I play both sides pretty evenly and know the frustrations of both, but thanks for your concern. I'd appreciate a bit of introspection on your part as well before you try to call someone out for giving feedback on a feedback and suggestions forum, thanks.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 807

I agree with you, the totem spots suck.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 623

I doubt that totem spawn location change alone will be enough.

It would make more sense to let killers rekindle their hexes if they do perform certain actions, like land X amount of successful hits on survivors or down survivors X amount of times. Another alternative could be a long cooldown after which their hex could be applied to the remaining dull totem on the map.