The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Skull Merchant: A step in the right direction, but some buffs are needed

For context, I have many hours on Skull Merchant. I have mained her ever since she first released (no I did not do Chess Merchant) and have been playing her through her many changes. I know what I am talking about with her and I care about the state she is in.

I genuinely believe the changes to her in the PTB are a step in the right direction. They have made the killer much more manageable to go against and have took away some of the confusing status effects.

The one scanline is amazing and is arguably the best change. Because of the one scanline, Skull Merchant is forced to interact with her power more, rotating drones at the right time to scan survivors. Much more interactive gameplay that increases Skull Merchant’s skill floor.

Despite this, I think she could use some buffs as she is quite weak in this state. Nothing too crazy, just some stuff to help her. Here is what I would suggest…

• The scan immunity is lowered to 2.25 seconds, essentially making one of her brown add ons basekit. Every Skull Merchant player would agree that this add-on is a must. Making this base-kit would open up room for more varied add-on combos.
  • The scanline visibility radius is decreased to 12 metres from 16. The 16 metres kind of destroys the trap playstyle. The 12 metres would help a ton in catching survivors off guard while still giving them lee-way to avoid them.
  • I mentioned this in the PTB bug report forum, but PLEASE make the drone scanline start in front of Skull Merchant. This is how it works in Live. I’m not sure why it’s different here unless it’s a bug.

These are changes I would prioritise. Here’s some more that are less important, but I think would increase her power in a healthy way.

• The amount of time survivors are tracked on the radar is increased by 5/10 seconds. Now that Skull Merchant no longer gains haste, I think it would be good to put more power into her tracking/information ability.
  • Lower the placing drone cooldown by 2 seconds. Perhaps the Undetectable timer would have to be lowered as well if this change were implemented.
  • Increase the amount of drones held to 7 or 8. Would help Skull Merchant’s map control now that she has only one scanline.
  • Increase the hindered effect to 7%. Less than Live, but more than waiting for bloodlust. In return, perhaps lower the amount of time the hindered is in effect?

I believe the Skull Merchant changes are a great thing, but she just needs a few compensation buffs. Those are my ideas.

Thank you so much BHVR!

Comments