If jason ever got added, what would his power be?

k3ijus
k3ijus Member Posts: 257

Honestly one of my favorite horror killers but im suprised hes not added yet, but if he ever was i could imagine him working similiar to myers but less stalking oriented and more aggressive, and his perks would probably support endgame or late game

Comments

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,338
    edited September 27

His powers would be closely based on what he currently has in the F13 game I would assume.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,974

The only power that really bugged me from F13 is his shift ability… I understand why it was needed form a gameplay point of view, but the ability to teleport was never presented as an ability Jason actually has in any of the films. Like Myers its more presented as a uncanny ability to predict victim movements and sneak around perfectly.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited September 27
  • ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 661

Part 8 had some pretty suspect moments. I know there was a full game theory that proved every instance of supposed teleportation was within human range of movement, or could potentially be chalked up to hallucinations, but the way the movie intentionally frames a lot of its scenes really feels like they intended the character to have the ability.

He was also turned back into his kid self by sewage in that one, so there was definitely something funky going on there. Which tbf, it isn't like perception of Jason's abilities has ever been concrete. The director of 9 even made that film with the idea Jason was a deadite resurrected by Pamela after he drowned.

• UndeddJester
    edited September 27

Yeah, solid take that man... as much as I like the franchise, it kinda went a bit cult/paranormal voodoo at that point... nothing really makes sense and things just kinda deus ex machina themselves in to keep the films going... it's been years since I've seen 8 and 9, but looking it up it was 9 where I remember just straight laughing out loud. Jason gets destroyed at the start, and after spending this whole film body hopping, trying to reunite his heart with his sisters dead body... he is reborn back in his old body (clothes, mask, even the injuries he had and all), and literally just pops out of the ground like a jack in the box. I bloody died laughing at how stupid it looked xD

I had fun... but christ I have to totally turn off my analytical brain during those films otherwise I start unavoidably picking them apart... Undying zombie of vengeance that keeps coming for people who disrupt his haunting grounds is such a simple concept that doesn't need any more around it... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Suffice to say, I don't really consider that point of the franchise a high spot... even if we enjoy the films and their jank, I believe very few would pick them as their favourite era for Ft13th and Jason...

Where do you fall as your favourite era, if you were to pick a Jason to be the "default"? Toss up for me is either between FvJ/Start of Jason X Jason vs. Part 4 Jason... mostly I like later Jason cause he looked cooler, but with the goofiness toned back down by those points... but I wouldn't be upset at old green dinner shirt Jason 😅

• ShiroSaburo
    ShiroSaburo Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5

He goes through pallets and walls. He can also break windows which survivors have to repair if they want to vault it.

• Linkdouken
    Linkdouken Member Posts: 105

Jason being able to use pallets against survivors sounds hilarious.

A stance switch power sounds fitting for him - how about a stealth mode where he builds a haste speed when stalking which is then applied when he switches to an aggressive mode where said pallet power etc comes into play?

• UndeddJester
    edited September 27

Ahahaha, I like the sounds of it xD

I'm kinda imagining an ability kinda like the Pig, where you charge it up and then get a strong speed boost for a short duration that then leads into a grab. I can see PWYF actually being kinda awesome on him...

Might be really interesting if it's an ability where the longer you charge it the further you go, a bit like Nurse, but also if you tie that longer charge to letting you carry survivors further for your... what do we call them... environment powers? It gives greater rewards for successful longer charges.

In my head it's like Jason is still a towering monster, so I can imagine him stopping and charging at a weak tile, or using it at shack and the survivor has to decide if he's bluffing and charging his grab attack, or if he's not and just gonna come at you for an m1? Do you prethrow the pallet to be safe to ensure if he does grab you he only gets a pallet break, instead of instant downs you with a pallet slam.... maybe he gets a power where like.Bkigjtnro Billy, of you ore throw while he is charging his grab, he just smashes the pallet and sticks to you.

I like the idea of reaching a window and him simply throwing you through for a wound, with a stagger a bit like Wesker throwing you into a distant wall... can you imagine Jason stepping through ten window after you? Would look bad ass xD

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 175

I think he should have 2 stances Stealth mode for undetectable stealth gameplay and his second power Rage mode immune to pallet stuns can break pallets faster vault faster Walk through breakable walls destroying them

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 661

I think Part 4 is the best Jason design in terms of representing his human aspects while keeping him scary (the axe wound I think puts it over 3), but I don't think anything would be better than his Part 7 resurrection with the exposed spine and chains, that was peak.

Honestly though, the MKX and Multiversus collabs make me think we'll get a design emulating FvJ, which I wouldn't complain about either. The brown coat and simple shirt seems to have evolved into his defining look.

I'm most excited about a potential power tbh. I think it'd be neat if he had a rage meter that filled up over the match, sort of like a naturally charging Myers tier up system that moves him gradually from a stealth killer to pallet destroyer.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

The thing i've seen kicked around would be that he would have different weapons around the trial that he could switch to. So his m1 attack is effectively his power, and they do different things.

Then he has some kind of teleport thing like in the movies where he just kinda "pops" up out of nowhere.

• LadyOwO
    LadyOwO Member Posts: 312
    edited September 28

After wanting him in game I just don't want him to be added anymore. Don't know why but I just feel he would be another generic M1 killer like The Trapper. A

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 291

It doesn't matter because he will be nerfed into oblivion with next patches anyways.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 480

Could maybe have a second objective like his mother's head, survivors have to collect it and place it on an altar within a certain time or Jason goes into a rage and can teleport etc

• LadyOwO
    LadyOwO Member Posts: 312

No thanks. It was annoying in the f13 game and it would be absolutely broken in this one

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 685

Walk in wall, wall breaks, me happy

• Heliosse
    Heliosse Member Posts: 111

After how Alien was received and got put in the trash bin, im curious to see if Jason will remain played for more than a month or if he is going to be despised, called boring, bad design etc. Just like Alien, we're going to have massive hype with "omg, waited 6 years for that, massive fan and yare yare", then if the power is not deemed worthy, his fanbase will depop and he will rejoin Demogorgon, Pyramid head, Xenomorph and others in the "Ye, cool, we have him, Terminator next ? Dude, massive fan, i would cry OMG, i want it so bad".

Jason can't really have a dash attack to assure "good design" and "fun to play/fun to play against" so it's going to be a 50/50 on his succes. If he throw things, he will be "a boring killer", if he teleports and m1 with different weapons, it's going to be "weak and uninspired killer" so it's difficult.

What is "good design" for the majority ? Wesker, Billy, Oni, almost every dash based killer plus huntress (the chosen one), every unique killer that focus on macro is despised, ranged is despised, slowdown is despised, stealth is forgotten and not liked much...

He would need something very simple with potential for plays (Low skill floor, high skill ceiling), simple but strong add ons, a power above average in term of strentgh, and something not too unique that does not impact macro gameplay like Sadako, Pinhead and Singularity. With how the game engine is, you can't really avoid the "This killer is just x + x killer", because they are limited in what they can do.

I would probably go with his machete as the m1, the power would be special interactions in the map like picking up other weapons to throw or use temporarily. Settings up traps like nets and other things, a white fog that he can teleport to and a rage mode where he gets buffs to it's destructive potential.

Good luck to him tho, i hope he remains liked for more than a month.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866
    edited September 30

I would assume the opposite. BHVR isn't looking for any lawsuits. I think Jason's power should be a very simple and straight forward power. Of all the ideas I've seen on this thread, the idea I like the most is a grab or grapple. Then Jason could carry the survivor for around 3-5 seconds depending on add ons then throw the survivor.

It would be similar to Wesker, but Jason would have full control in which direction to throw the survivor allowing him to zone survivors easier for a follow up hit. If the survivor hits an object then they are injured and if the survivor hits a generator or breakable wall then it breaks them. In the case of throwing a survivor into a generator, it would do an additional 10% damage to the generator. Like Wesker, if Jason throws a survivor at another survivor and hits them then they both lose a health state.

For map mobility, maybe he could have a series of man-hole covers in predetermined locations on the map that he can crawl into and emerge from. Basically like Demogorgon's portals but he doesn't place them.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 307

If Jason's power doesn't involve walking through/breaking through pallets and breakable wall as if they aren't even there, then i'll be dissapointed

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited 12:06AM

So, you assume they wouldn't make things based off what he already does in f13 and yet your favorite ideas are a variation of grab and a map-wide teleport with pre-determined locations? Well, that sounds like what he already does in f13 with extra steps…

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 923

Haven't seen any of his movies other than s bunch of YouTube clips. Can't really see any possible power for him other than a walking tank, but then every DBD killer is already kinda like that since survivors cant fight back.

The only thing I can see is a legendary Jason skin for The Trapper.