Deathslinger changes

I really like Deathslinger, I played him when he was released, I play him now, I think he's a decent Killer, but there could be a few improvements to him that would make zoning as him a bit harder but improve his other aspects!

Zoning

I do not like this aspect of him as a Survivor, nor as the Killer. Currently if you want to zone you just tap m2 and slow down a tiny bit. This was the main reason why he got nerfed in the first place, yet even with the nerf, he's still a zoning machine to this day.

• Exiting the ADS will now slow you down heavily for the duration of the animation.

The slow down should feel smooth yet it should also feel impactful, so if a Survivor tries to dodge your ADS they won't loose the enormous amount of distance they do now.

Stealth

His base stealth got hit hard with his changes, only due to one Perk (Monitor & Abuse), which to be fair didn't give Survivors much chance to react when in play, but nowadays there are so many oblivious and undetectable Perks that this change feels a bit meaningless.

• Decreased Deathslinger's Terror Radius to 28 metres. (from 32 metres)

I think Deathslinger is a perfect fit for a 28 metre Terror Radius, with Monitor & Abuse, his Terror Radius would be 20 metres, which with his 18 metre harpoon range would be enough to react I think.

Reload

Even with his most recent reload speed buff, he is still reliant on reload speed add-ons.

• Decreased the time to reload to 2.2 seconds.

This would feel way better, remove one of the reload speed add-ons, make the other one reduce the reload by 0.2 seconds and we would be golden.

Add-ons

There isn't any variety in his add-ons, you either run cooldown reduction or reload speed, which is not really interesting or thrilling, I think there are many aspects of deathslinger that could be explored!

For example, there could be add-ons that increase or decrease the chain length!

• Decreases the Redeemer's range by 4 metres.
  • With each successful shot beyond 12 metres, increases the Redeemer's range by 2 metres.

There probably should be a cap to the amount of range this add-on would add, but I think it would be way funnier if you could infinitelly increase the range haha.

Or how about an add-on that drastically increases realing speed on the Obsession? I like obsession Perks, yet there aren't that many add-ons that focus on this mechanic.

• Increases the Redeemer's reeling speed by 50% while reeling the Obsession.

Or an add-on similar to the one the Huntress has.

• When the out of ammo, increases movement speed to 4.6m/s.

This would be way less valuable on Deathslinger, so as a common add-on I think it would be decent of begginers.

Or an add-on that increases your ammo before you need to reload?!

• Allows the Deathslinger to shoot one more time before reloading.
  • Reload speed is increased by 1.2 seconds.

Obvisouly this would be quite strong so a hefty cooldown if you miss would be a decent trade of I think.

What do you think?!

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,239

Zoning

I do not like this aspect of him as a Survivor, nor as the Killer. Currently if you want to zone you just tap m2 and slow down a tiny bit. This was the main reason why he got nerfed in the first place, yet even with the nerf, he's still a zoning machine to this day.

Exiting the ADS will now slow you down heavily for the duration of the animation.

The slow down should feel smooth yet it should also feel impactful, so if a Survivor tries to dodge your ADS they won't loose the enormous amount of distance they do now.

I feel like this is just big misplay on survivor part. if your further 12 meters away, there is no reason to not just run forward vs deathslinger because by the time he fires his harpoon gun, the shot has so much travel time you can side-step his harpoon gun on reaction. Your suppose just run forward and go left → or ← right as shot is fired out of redeemer. This whole idea where deathslinger zones is survivor playing poorly.

By the time deathslinger can zone where you need respect his shot because travel time is approach like less than 0.3 seconds which is too fast for human raw reaction time, he is already 10 meter or less closer to you. in these situations, you should be within pallet loop or use line of sight.

I honestly do not think you can zone strong survivor players with his gun because they either do respect your shot and dodge on reaction OR they're in position where you can't zone them because of pallet loops and wall-blockers. In my opinion, i just want his ADS to be faster so that survivor have harder time to respect my shot.

I just want his ADS to go back to 0.2 second so that survivor have harder timing to reacting to my shots and respect my gun more.

Stealth

His base stealth got hit hard with his changes, only due to one Perk (Monitor & Abuse), which to be fair didn't give Survivors much chance to react when in play, but nowadays there are so many oblivious and undetectable Perks that this change feels a bit meaningless.

Decreased Deathslinger's Terror Radius to 28 metres. (from 32 metres)

I think Deathslinger is a perfect fit for a 28 metre Terror Radius, with Monitor & Abuse, his Terror Radius would be 20 metres, which with his 18 metre harpoon range would be enough to react I think.

Good thing you can run Trail of torment and ultimately ignore said changes as deathslinger. Monitor&abuse would be nice quality of life for him because it doesn't have cooldown like ToT and Unforeseen do. As long they don't give him a lullaby, any buff to his TR would be nice.

• PetTheDoggo
    PetTheDoggo Member Posts: 15

Just make him 115% and that's it. Don't try to do Trickster situation again…

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,239

they'll never make him 115% m/s before buffing his gun. Maybe as iri add-on.

• PetTheDoggo
    PetTheDoggo Member Posts: 15

Why not?
    I don't really think he would be too strong as 115%. Way easier fix than trying to buff his gun even more.

If they just made Trickster 115% and reduced recoil he would be perfect. But they just had to over complicate everything. I really don't want to see same thing for Deathslinger. It's bad enough we have Freddy situation happening again.