We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Kindred…

Legendary_deedee
Legendary_deedee Member Posts: 56
edited September 28 in Feedback and Suggestions

Return this perk back to its original state. Was never op in any way and did not need adjustments

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited September 28

u wanna be able to see sealth killers around hooks im assuming?

• Legendary_deedee
    Legendary_deedee Member Posts: 56
    edited October 1

That is not what I am talking about. Did you disregard the update before that? Keywords "original state." I am talking about when Kindred didn't need everyone to bring the perk for it to be useful.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,126
    edited October 1

Hmm, the wiki shows that it has only ever received "buffs".

Reverting to the "Original State":

The Perk now only works if you are Hooked.

The Killers Aura is only revealed with the T3 Perk and only within 8m

T1 only shows the Aura of one Survivor to all other Survivors.

This a troll post?Oh, wait, wiki is misleading, so the old version gave all other survivors Aura reading if you were hooked. Maybe they could make it so that if you are hooked, all survivors see each other s auraWait, that's exactly what it does. What are you on about?

Post edited by AssortedSorting on
  • Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,447

This is how it works currently.

Old Wording:

Whenever you are hooked, Kindred activates and applies the following effects:

The Aura of the Killer is revealed to all Survivors whenever the Killer comes within 8/12/16 metres of the Hook.
    The Auras of all Survivors are revealed to each other.

New Wording:

Whenever any Survivor is hooked, Kindred activates and applies the following effects:

The Aura of the Killer is revealed to all Survivors whenever the Killer comes within 8/12/16 metres of the Hook
    If you are the Hooked Survivor, the Auras of all Survivors are revealed to each other.
    If you are not the Hooked Survivor, the Auras of all other Survivors are only revealed to you.

The only difference is that Kindred does something when you aren't hook for yourself.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,061

I guess they wanted to make it more gear towards countering camping. The first version definitely stronger no doubt

• poinepp
    poinepp Member Posts: 191

this is how it should work and this never needed to go and nobody was happy when they removed the aura reading through hook bubble

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,024

How is the wiki misleading? It may have updated the description, but the result is the same. Kindred activates for you whenever someone is hooked and shows you, the user, the auras of all survivors. If you happen to also be the hooked survivor yourself, it shows the auras to everyone.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,126

TBH I skimmed it and hastily wrote a response that I didn't fully edit well after re-reading the article.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 743

In my opinion, current Kindred should be partially basekit and Kindred itself should be a tad stronger, hear me out;

When someone is hooked, all Survivors can see other Survivors (NOT the Killer's aura) basekit, this would help bridge the gap between SWF and SoloQ (something that should be aimed for and that the devs have said were something they aim to do) by not mistakenly leaving the Survivor to die (if they see a Survivor letting go of a gen on the HUD but not in chase, it's easy to mistakenly assume they are going for the save without some form of info) or going for a two-man save that is not needed.

Kindred itself would keep it's current effect BUT would get a buff and a partial revert, the aura-reading would stay and would show through the bubble. To make the perk truly be something to help give info and something to help rescues (as well as deter camping to some extent) as long as the Killer's aura is revealed by Kindred all Survivors would gain a moderate boost in healing speed, nothing too insane (the objective is to help coordinating saves, not weaponizing someone getting hooked in the form of gen-speed, there's too much gen speed perks already. The healing boost would make resetting for the save faster if the Killer stays too close).

• poinepp
    poinepp Member Posts: 191

It worked see through for auras for 6 years and I find it so funny that out of nowhere they decided that it should block auras instead