We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

2vs8 is going to be ultra survivor-sided

lilypadflower
lilypadflower Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
edited October 1 in General Discussions

This gamemode was survivor sided before but the new 2vs8 iteration is going to be even more survivor sided. Rebuilding pallets? Gen repair speed increased per caged survivor? Picking up instead of trampling the survivor to the cage risks flashlight saves?

I'm staying away from queing killer and only queue up for survivor. The gen rushing was already insane before I don't need this on my plate.

Comments

• Backmon
    Backmon Member Posts: 318

to be survivor sided mod became more survivor sided than before, then no no one wants it

• Backmon

and survivors queues time would be 20min long cause there is no point to play this mod as a killer

• This content has been removed.
  • Backmon
  • 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 883

Sorry, but the queue times were absolutely not a reflection of the modes balance.

You could argue it was boring, but that's something different.

Who would A)want to play 1v4 killer when 2v8 is out?

Or B) play survivor when 2v8 is out?

2 killers. Let me reiterate, two killers. Two. Double the killers. No amount of incentives, BP, or gimmick was going to do ANYTHING about the queues in Dbd while 2v8 was here.

If anybody wanted to play 1v4, the only winning play was to take your advance warning and take a pre planned break from Dbd.

Now that the 1st 2v8 has come and gone, who knows where things will go from here.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 319

Nows its just roles reversed

• PetTheDoggo
    PetTheDoggo Member Posts: 70

400% bonus for killers would make me willing to suffer…

Well, I will play Blight, so should be fine. I expect way more slugging tho.

• Seph64
    Seph64 Member Posts: 2

Queue time in 2v8 was not related to balance, it was the fact that there wasn't enough killers but also because MMR.

All these changes are absolute garbage, BHVR really have no idea what they are doing. The mode was fine, with a few tweaks but NOT LIKE THIS.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,267
    edited October 1

Making gens faster is a lazy way to tip the scales and will likely just make playing killer with a friend (the whole point of the game mode) a miserable experience once you fet to sweaty MMR with survivors who are efficient on gens. Which was what made 2v8 killer miserable the first time, having 3-4 gens pop before you've got more than a couple downs.

What they should have done is come up with a novel way of allowing survivors to counter a double-team attack from killers. That's what was unfair for survivors and what made playing survivor miserable the first time.

2v8 needed to give survivors something new, and some kind of power that activated when being chased by two killers at once could have been interesting, and give them a chance in an otherwise no-win situation.

• CLHL
    CLHL Member Posts: 164
    edited October 1

The new 2v8 will fail in the same way that the return of Chaos Shuffle has failed. Everyone said they loved Chaos Shuffle and were looking forward to its return, but it has been ignored and they are playing normal mode.

• ObsidianButterfly
    ObsidianButterfly Member Posts: 86

It wasn't that there weren't enough PLAYERS

It was that there weren't enough KILLERS

The inability to have duplicate killers with only 5 available killers made for insufferably long queue times.

Normal games had EVEN LONGER queue times than 2v8 did. 45+ minutes at times and that is WITH cross-play enabled.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,501

Oh you mean everyone wanting to play Huntress or Wraith? So it was a self imposed long queue time and I guess the devs are anticipating the same this time around

• Princesse_nico
    Princesse_nico Member Posts: 140

rebuilding pallets seems OP

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,203

2v8 needs more Survivors so Im fine with this, the queues were so awful that it ruined queuing in general across all modes, and 2v8 Survivor before was way too boring for me to enjoy.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 538
    edited October 2

The big problem is that now Killers are forced to basicly stick together and that will cause a lot of crying on this forum and the subreddit about survivors going down instantly, it happened before and it will get worse this time.

• Grimlet09
    Grimlet09 Member Posts: 77

i didnt like having to wait and i dont want this mode again if it maeks me wait more. :(

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 790

In which way was it survivor-sided? I played together with someone with around 100 hours and we won almost constantly (I had 2450 or something and I played huntress mostly and she trapper or wraith). Most people weren't able to loop at all, not that that's relevant on crossmaps mostly but still.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 2,015

I never had this problem, my queue times were just as normal as before

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 572
    edited October 2

Honestly as long as they remove the Scout loadout from the previous iteration I'm looking forward to whatever they do. Dealing with 4 people having a 20 second cooldown sprint burst for everyone around them and pre-nerf Made for This felt so awful if you weren't playing Huntress.

• rattus210
    rattus210 Member Posts: 54
    edited October 6

I mean… everyone thought the first iteration of 2v8 was gonna be heavily survivor sided too… and that aged like milk. Maybe wait to try it yourself first before assuming.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,466
    edited October 6

scout was wall-hack person which is likely "pallet re-build" class. escapist was 3% haste and sprint burst every 20 seconds. apparently, escapist gets self-care as their bonus perk.

I am curious to what engineer, medic and scout get as bonus perks. I am going to take a guess that scout might get that Haddie perk that gives you flashlight from searching a chest. Medic might get something like plot twist where when they pick themselves up, they're healed. engineer…. maybe they get like Deadline where they get more skill-checks than other classes which would synergize with their 2% bonus skill-check innate perk and co-op gens does not incur gen penalty.

this is just me brainstorming their perks. they didn't say what other class bonus perks are, they only mentioned escapist's perk bonus perk.

• XombieJoker
    XombieJoker Member Posts: 54

the game mode will not be in either's favor because there are SO many variables, the whole picking up a survivor before remote caging them in fear of getting flashlight saved, first since the survivors start with NOTHING, they will have to FIND one first. As for the re-building of pallets, BHVR can maybe reduce maximum classes to 3 for the survivors, but none-the-less a lot of the killers on most loops don't care about the pallets. Slinger can spear and drag around the loop, Spirit moves fast enough to mind game them, Blight can break them faster than they can rebuild, Nurse can….. well Nurse. Point is the only killer that really suffers from pallet rebuilding is Wraith but he can just resort to surprise attacking survivors on gens

• Doxie
    Doxie Member Posts: 150

Explain why survivor sided is bad? Let's be honest... The role of survivor is getting more and more unpopular every month. All I ever see is blood point bonus for survivor. Now I understand your fragile ego can't handle not being able to sacrifice everyone every single game and honestly, I hope most killers are afraid of this mode. I'd be more than happy playing killer with a friend and not setting my pants over flashlights and raging of a good group gets away. But that's just me

• Grimlet09
    Grimlet09 Member Posts: 77

cause u need killers to play the game, theres 4 times more of us than them.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,588

ight you got my Curiousity…

how tf do you even track that kill percentage.. if ya don't mind me askin' of course.

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Member Posts: 160

You saying the previous version was survivor side is why nobody in this forum is going to take ur opinion seriously XD

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 627

I mean killer is meant to be the power role since its an asymmetrical game. if survivors had too much power, no killers would play and survivor queues would go up. This is less of an issue for 2v8 where we kinda need the killers to switch to survivor so queues can balance out lol

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,078

This mode needs to be survivor sided so people actually have desire to play this mode

Last time killer lobbies were taking twenty minutes and survivors had 400% bp bonus

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,294

Seems like they generally switche dup a bit of the gameplay. - Killers got roles now too, meaning they get an advantage in certain situations. - It's also not like survs can just pick up pallets; it needs to be unlocked as a class feature and is thus only available to a limited amount of players for a limited amount of time.

Idk, I'm excited to see how the changes play out in the mode. Could be super nice - could backfire horribly. Either way; they don't lean any particular way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 250

I think there will be a lot of Blight nurse combos

• Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 300

For me as killer as I'm sure it is for many, the order of events that will take place will be.

1. Play fair (survivor handbook)...if that way doesn't work ie can't get kills or it's boring progress to step 2.
    2. Play dirty.... If playing dirty results in low kills and equally unfun gameplay for the killer progress to step 3
    3. Simply don't play the game mode

So time will tell how it will pan out but if it's overly survivor sided then it won't be good as it will result in either toxic gameplay by killers or it will have very very long q times from killers not wanting to play due to the imbalance and survivors not wanting to play due to "toxic" plays by killers.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 457

The devs basically admitted that they were buffing the survivor side a lot for this round of 2v8 to help with the killer to survivor ratio in the queues. I guess we'll see if they went too far the other way this time!

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,427

Nightlight's website, you upload the final scoreboard and it mostly detects the results of the match, then asks you for any clarifications or corrections it needs. So as long as you consistently upload your matches.

Here is my stats, note that I am a Pig main, so I am not that good with other killers, but I tend to upload all my matches. If I only uploaded my Pig matches my Kill Rate would be higher.

https://nightlight.gg/u/absolutgrndzer0

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 817

I've only played Chaos Shuffle since it came back and most of my friends aswell.

• buggybug
    buggybug Member Posts: 125

Was it really survivor sided?400 bps bonus on survivor makes me beg to differ. Ever seen people like ayrun who camps Thomas house as huntress chucking hatches while your trying to dodge busted Billy or nurse? It's like facing 2.0 knight mains with pincers attacks and it was disgusting. Idk evey event for me has been killer sided since last anniversary. I Prefer idv 2 v 8 cause survivors actually have abilities to counter hunters double teaming somewhat. Hopefully all the sweaty killers go in 2 v 8 and 1 v 4 will be more manageable.

• Linkdouken
    Linkdouken Member Posts: 114

I don't care as long as playing either side is fun.