We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Adepts Should Require 3 Kills Instead of 4

Making achieving a merciless killer require getting 4 kills instead of being based off the emblems however long ago was a good change, but I think it should have gone farther. I think it should only require 3 kills to get an adept instead of 4 though, for everyone's sake. Let's be real, if you're skilled enough to get 3 kills with only unique perks, you're skilled enough to get 4. The only difference between 3 and 4 kills is slugging. Once 2 kills are achieved and you down the third person the game is basically over at that point anyways and the match becomes a play for hatch. So how do you secure that 4th kill for the adept without risking a hatch escape at that point? Slugging. For a long time too since the last survivor will be hiding around the map to go for hatch while the last person bleeds out.

As a survivor, I don't enjoy being on the receiving end of this at all as I have to either wait there to bleed out, or wait for my teammate to bleed out for a few minutes. And as a killer, I just feel like a scumbag for slugging for the 4K, even knowing fully well it's what I need to do to ensure the adept.

So for everyone's sake, can the requirement for an adept achievement be 3 kills instead of 4?

Comments

• Lentara
    Lentara Member Posts: 47

You actually touched on an important topic that I think should go much further than just talking about one achievement. The culture of getting sweaty 4K should just die in my opinion, it's not a fun gameplay at all and it breeds a lot of toxicity (slugging, tunneling, camping, etc). But for some reason, instead of encouraging good sportsmanship where the killer gives the hatch to the last survivor, the developers encourage tryharders because they'll soon add a free mori to the last survivor. And then they wonder why their game has lost its atmosphere and fun... Because 99% of killers are ready to go out of their way to get 4K, otherwise their life will end.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 1,021

👍

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,465

i believe adept achievement are suppose to be "perfect wins". That is why emblem system used to be 4 iri emblems because that what was considered perfect win(which was terrible because…. of how bad emblem system was at gauging wins, especially on like survivor in red ranks).

today's perfect win for killer is 4 kills.

For survivor, perfect win is suppose to be 4 escapes, however because they don't want system to be team-based even though the game is team game. they just made it escaping for you.

it is moderate challenge. you do not need to par-take in challenges. they're developer challengers.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 740

I'm sorry for all those people that hate getting slugged at the end of almost every games. The Finisher Mori is about to make it even worse.