Anticamp

Is there any reason for anticamp disappearance after opening gates or doing 5 gens?

Answers

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,902

All bets are off (for killers anyway, not so for survivors which is also why a lot of their perks disable along with certain base kit features) once five gens are completed. It is a coddle measure for killer.

• Ayodam

AFC isn’t a coddle feature for survivors because 1.) face camping has always been rare and 2.) Killers still camp fine with AFC: Deathslinger, Huntress, Hillbilly, Cannibal, Artist, Trickster, to name a few.

• Ayodam

Oh, face camping in end game has never been rare. I misbelieved you were referencing face camping during the trial. Before AFC was implemented people still camped during end game so it’s an inconsequential change that it deactivates during end game. But I suppose if AFC is meant to give survivors a sort of competitive edge then the opposite remains true in EG: killers have always had and still have a competitive edge there.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,508

Yeah that's fair. Now that you mention facecamping during trials I remember the awful hook grab mechanic too, I'm glad that ######### was removed lmao.

• cclain
    cclain Member Posts: 68
    edited October 10

if killer are allowed to face camp in endgame why adrenaline dont work ?
    if i'm hook and somebody do the last gen, and after i'm unhook i should be full recover

• Ayodam

I may be in the minority but I actually liked the hook grab thing. It felt thrilling, like a high stakes mini game. I know a lot of people strongly disliked it and I didn’t like it when it was used to grief survivors (like almost taking them off but not and repeatedly doing it). And I understand it could result in the killer obtaining more downs. But I really felt it was exhilarating

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,151

Bubba can't chainsaw through borrow time like he used to.

• Darcalus
    Darcalus Member Posts: 40

I respectfully disagree. Nothing fun about struggling on a hook while one survivor and the killer have a staring match, waiting to see who will blink first.

• angel_pellegrino
    angel_pellegrino Member Posts: 23

I imagine it's because camping at the endgame is the only way some killers can get real pressure going at the end. I mean it's a solid tactic, especially if the team is altruistic. You can go from having almost no hooks to at least getting a 2k. Especially if you run NOED. Hell, NOED will cause some survivors to just run off out the exit and leave people to die on hook. It's not the way I play the game. But it's the way a lot of people do.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 645

I agree with your explanation and it makes sense but one thing that should be changed is to give killers a built-in anti-facecamp feature like Artist or Dredge already have. In particular, Bubba and Billy should get one because it is impossible for the survivors to rescue against these killers in the endgame which feels very boring because an endgame rescue is often very intense and funny for both sides.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,889

I don't see the issue. If the rescue is too risky then don't rescue. Just take your 2 or 3 man escape and call it a day. There is no reason to go and handicap every killer near hooks, especially after gens are done. It's not like you'll ever be able to address everything killers can do. What about infinite tier 3 Myers? Iridescent Huntress? Iridescent Clown? Good old fashioned NOED? It's a game of whack-a-mole that you can't win and you'll only cause more harm than good even trying.