We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

please consider reducing the time between new tome page challenges

I think it does not take that long to finish all the challenges in one page of the tome and I am pretty sure many people just end up with no challenges left to do for days after they have done the first page. I finished all of them and now I wait 20 ish days for the next page to drop and I am sure many others have the same experience

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,267
    edited October 12

Not everyone plays the game every day, and some take weeks off at a time, particularly if there's travel involved.

You can always go back and do old challenges, and there's daily rituals too.

• AngelOfHope2017
    AngelOfHope2017 Member Posts: 101

I think we just need a separate challenge system that will refresh a new challenge every time one is complete and just be continuous for those of us who do play a lot and are very goal oriented.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 667

There are many points to keep in mind:

• @Seraphor already explained that some players don't play that much or often which means they need more time to finish the tome pages. I've finished the first page on it's release but some players need more days or can't play this week.
    • The developers made the challenges much more easier. No longer never ending challenges like break 50 Pallets, repair 15 generators, cleanse 20 totems, hide next to the killer for 120sec without being caught, play between Sunday and Monday during an eclipse. Nowadays, we have "play as Dracula/Trevor for one match." or "be chased for 30sec". This means players who play the game very often can finish them much quicker.
    • There are fewer challenges: the developers reduced the challenges per page, which also makes it easier to fish.

One change that could be done is to add a fifth page. This page is a special one where you can only do challenges for the feature characters (e.g. for Dominus, there will only be Dracula and Trevor Belmont challenges). This would benefit the players who have the characters, but players who don't own these characters are unaffected while still being able to finish the tome.

• poinepp
    poinepp Member Posts: 191

yeah I actually liked this idea too! It makes more sense and yeah ofc not everyone can have the time to finish all it all but maybe put out 2 pages at the same time instad of 1 also an idea I thought about

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,015

The downtime seems much worse this time around because the tome is much longer. I think it's about 25 days longer than the last one, so the pages have to be spaced out accordingly. But also keep in mind there's another tome coming with the Halloween event in just 5 days, so the wait for more things to do is not actually that long.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,996

I think a rework of the Dayli System would better better,
    basicly instead of giving you one challenge a day, it will keep giving you challenges one after the other until you quit.

This would be great for those of us who just want SOMETHING to do but dont want to quit inbetween tome page releases.

• Khastrx
    Khastrx Member Posts: 156

Yeah with events and stuff it's usually enough time for the casuals out there. Although the pages do get increasingly more difficult, perhaps 1 and 2 of the tome could have more challenges to complete due to how easy they usually are.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 667
    edited October 12

True. This tome is longer due to holidays. It will end on January 28th (which means the Midchapter PTB might be on January 7th).

We can also assume that we will get a Bone Chill tome because we got one the last two years. If we really, really, really, lucky, we could also get a 2v8 tome but I kinda doubt it.

• AGlassOfOJ
    AGlassOfOJ Member Posts: 36

We got a 2v8 tome for the first iteration of 2v8 in July, so it's very likely we'll get another. I guess it is worth noting that we got a Chaos Shuffle tome for the first iteration of it but not the second, so it might be a little inconsistent, but that's probably just because of how vague the tome archives were.