We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

I lost 50 consecutive Soloq matches

I'm never playing survivor again. It's bad for mental health.

Comments

• This content has been removed.
  • iloveandhatethisgame
    iloveandhatethisgame Member Posts: 94

ok I have lost 10 straight solo que games in the past, but 50 is crazy

• Linkdouken
    Linkdouken Member Posts: 114

That has to be a record. Congratulations

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,540

I'm not disagreeing that solo q can be awful, but you really lost 50 in a row? Even I find that hard to believe

• Autharia
    Autharia Member Posts: 94

I don't find it hard to believe as MMR doesn't split between survivor and killer. Played up to higher ranking in SoloQ survivor and first ever game as killer was vs 2 P30 and a P100. So if her was a killer main going to survivor to test it suck more.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,249
    edited 5:26AM

... but did you try playing the lute?

Seriously though, I really don't understand what SBMM is doing if it's not moving players into a bracket where they escape at least occasionally. 50 losses makes no sense. (Edited to clearly say what I mean.)

Post edited by TragicSolitude at
  • AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,427

Just because you are high prestige doesn't mean you are any good. Me? I have a P50 Jill Valentine, multiple survivors 9+ and all at least 3. But I have about a 20% escape rate according to my Nightlight stats. Killer side I have a P55 Pig and about a 65% kill rate.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,501

IIRC my record is 18

• Autharia
    Autharia Member Posts: 94
    edited 12:43AM

Didnt say anything about being good. when swapping to killer from Survivor for the first ever game on that roll, killer MMR should be at 0 not tied with your survivor one.

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 404

I believe it tbh

I was tracking games and got to around 70 ish games and realized I escaped less than 15 games and just pretty much gave up on tracking as I think the results spoke for themselves at that point. Mostly due to inefficient team play and there's nothing we as individuals can do to make up for poor play

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,427
    edited 12:52AM

My point was that just because a survivor going against you is P100 doesn't mean THEY are any good. Plus, as so many others have said, if you have significantly played as survivor, you likely know what tricks survivors have and how to counter them. So yes, your early matches will be very very easy.

Prestige is a measure of how much time you've spent playing the game, it has nothing whatsoever to do with your MMR. While likely those with high prestige should be better in theory, that's not always the case.

In fact, I have a P50 Jill, but most of my bloodpoints come from playing Killer side. So that should tell you even more of how little my P50 Jill means to my survivor MMR.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,061

yeah seem extremely hard to believe but solo q in this game is something special..... i don't rule anything out.

"brutal days as a solo queue surv, but I've never gone more than 10-12 in a row without escaping." my most is 13 . You're eventually going to win by default due to someone carrying the team.

• doobiedo
    doobiedo Member Posts: 271
    edited 3:18AM

You must be really low mmr. Actually its only posts like yours that make me think mmr is not actually a myth in this game.

• joybonru22
    joybonru22 Member Posts: 12

this game really makes survivors lose more often, my advice to you is that every second is very valuable... always touch gen when you are not being chased or idle, in the current meta genrush is there because if your team doesn't do genrush it is certain that the game will be difficult and chances are your team will lose.

• TragicSolitude

I was only saying that it really sucks OP had such a string of bad matches. We're told MMR is based on dying vs escaping through the exit gate, it doesn't matter how well or how poorly OP may have played in the matches, the simple fact they kept dying should, according to BHVR, lower their MMR and put them in a match from which they'll escape. So why didn't that happen? What is going on with BHVR's SBMM? Because even dying 25 times in a row shouldn't happen. Not if BHVR wants people to keep playing survivor, anyway.

• doobiedo
    doobiedo Member Posts: 271
    edited 6:38AM

Well I think once you pass a certain point you cant go back down or something? Thats what other people have said i dunno how it works. You are right though it definitely does not work well.

Post edited by doobiedo at
  • Saiph
    Saiph Member Posts: 327
    edited 5:08AM

I'm convinced that a significant part of the survivor playerbase actually has a BDSM / submission fetish and enjoy survivor as it is now.

Compared to other games, DBD has a very obvious over-representation in submissive player names like "Choke me Daddy" or "Myers' Wife" (to stay polite). Pretty sure anybody has seen these names a few times. As killer, it's also quite frequent that my survivors do something suggestive, like moan tech, or crouch and show their *ss etc. At first I thought it is just funny (and I still think it is) also who am I to judge these people - but I'd say yea DBD has clearly disturbed some people's mental health.

Curious to see how common this has been to other killers or if it's me who's playing in a way that triggers these types of people more lol (I'm usually playing meme builds, nodding etc.)

Post edited by Saiph at
  • Linkdouken
    Linkdouken Member Posts: 114
  • IAmGilgamesh
    IAmGilgamesh Member Posts: 22
    edited 10:31AM

It's not a joke when I wrote this. I had survivors giving up, hiding, trolling, working with the killers, not repairing generators, griefing, being toxic, disconnecting. I had killers playing as sweaty as possible day and night. They were either smurfs, lowering MMR by using auto clickers or whatever method they used to bring themselves down a notch in the system, or a high MMR killer filled in the queue because the previous killer left the lobby, or killers using VPN a ping so high you have no chance to escape crazy hits. They slug for 4K, they tunnel and proxy but simultaneously patrol the gens. 3 genning.

No, soloq is miserable and I'm not exaggerating or lying. This is happening and I'm done with playing survivor.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,248

This here is written so heartfelt, that I am just bound to believe you … but dayum, 50 consecutive matches sounds like its literally impossible.

Would you want to team up for a night? I know, in that case we were technically a duo, and that improves chances already, but I would want to see what kind of matches you get ^_-

BTW, I am not a fire survivor, but I can (sometimes) hold my weight for the team.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,198

Either you’re really bad Survivor who drags down the whole team, or you’re insanely unlucky that you got paired with trash teammates that suicide 50 games in a row.

Honestly I feel like you’re exaggerating, no offense.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,881
    edited 1:16PM

30-40% escapes seems like a poor experience to me... and yet that's intended. Cases like this are outliers and/or exaggerated but the average experience is so bad there's no need for hyperbole to see that.

Edit: It also makes a lot of sense that my solo queue teammates aren't wearing headphones and are watching cat videos during the match :P

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,164

This is what happens when you have a trash matchmaking system.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,504

Yeah this but at least now for some reason I been getting more often easier survivors. But yeah you do just wanna quit the game when that happens. It sucks.

• Deathstroke

Yeah that is something I can relate not stopping playing before I escape at least once. Though nowadays Im tired of this and one bad game and im done for the day probably. I

• Deathstroke

Yeah 50 is lot but it's doable if you have worst luck and you're altruistic. My longest is 10 straight loss too happened for me twice at least. There were couple games I could escaped but just not any luck. I

• TragicSolitude

I had survivors giving up, hiding, trolling, working with the killers, not repairing generators, griefing, being toxic, disconnecting.

This I absolutely believe.

SBMM is based on escapes when it should be looking for survivors who do stuff like this. Death is a much easier metric to measure but filtering this type of behavior into its own bracket or queue would do a hell of a lot to improve the solo survivor experience. It only takes one teammate to throw the entire match and they can do it in so many different ways, like by going next on the hook or by refusing to participate (whether to grief or because they think it's a valid playstyle to wait for the hatch). A killer has to put forth some amount of effort to kill three survivors, but for a survivor it takes little to no effort to kill their three teammates.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,256

This is the worst survivor has ever been for me in the many years I have been playing. I honestly think I had more fun during the eruption meta. I logged on tonight and got matched with a 10k hour Hillbilly from a comp team called Cynic. I figured it was just a bad game but then I got Nurse, Chucky, Blight all running slowdown builds against my little solo queue team. I just logged off at that point.

• CautionaryMary
    CautionaryMary Member Posts: 114

Hey now, calling me out for preferring to play survivor and saying it's BDSM. 😂 I enjoy playing survivor, but I like to have the challenge so I guess I BDSM myself into solo-queue. 🤷🏾‍♀️😭