We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Underrated perks we actually enjoy

ChaosWam
ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,819

As the title says, do we have perks that aren't meta that we enjoy, or at least like how they function even if they're considered weak?

I myself like Game Afoot on killer for any sort of obsession-based builds I run. Whether it's for Furtive Chase or paired with Nemesis.

On survivor, I have a firm belief that Bite the Bullet is massively underrated and has saved me and a teammate few times.

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,250

Beast of Prey confuses survivors during chases. I enjoy that, even if I am running it for the BP.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 538
    edited October 16

Its more builds than perks, but one loadout i used and won often with is Undying + Haunted grounds, its more of a prank than a good build.

Hex: Wretched Fate, Gift of Pain, Hex: Undying and Hex: Haunted Grounds or Pentimento.

Find the Obsession, hook them so they get that stacking massive repair penalty from Wretched Fate + Gift of Pain.

Pentimento allows you to stack the penalty even further, Haunted Grounds + Undying but you gotta hope they aren't smart or patient enough because of Wretched Fates aura.

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 315
    edited October 16

Autodidact is a lot of fun when it actually works. Scene Partner is hilarious, in fact so are Dramaturgy and Plot Twist. Ace In The Hole is a fun perk to use with a chest build. Lightweight is such a good perk to lose the killer in a chase but barely anyone uses it.

*Oh, and also Vigil. This perk is super useful.

Post edited by Aceislife on
  • Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,268

Second Wind is probably my favourite healing perk, although doesn't seem to be too common. Takes a little set up/investment but it's really satisfying getting that instant heal.

Empathy is great too, not too popular compared to other aura perks but it allows me to ttack injured survivors (for charging Second Wind) and indicates where the chase and thus the killer is.

A favourite killer perk combo is Make Your Choice with Floods of Rage. Istadowns are always satisfying and I can get ahead without camping or tunnelling.

Haunted Grounds is likewise a riot when it pops at just the right time.

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 554

kindred I never see it on other survivors, but it has saved my games many times

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,668

I’m not sure where this perk stands but I can’t seem to stop building around Batteries Included.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 980

I love Eyes of Belmont, even if it was released recently it seems that it was already quite forgotten, I love using it with other underrated perks like Scene Partner, Object of Obsession, Troubleshooter, Poised, or Alert.

It allows for some really fun builds to help in chase or keep tabs on the killer. A 2 second buff to any aura reading seems small but it's so good in game. It's one of my favorite perks released recently.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 704

I have 3 that I love.

Wake Up- I really wish people would...wake up, Waka Waka, to this perk. It's not insane or broken, but all it does is let you open the exit gates faster and show your teammates where you are. I've gotten many a clutch escape, especially in a gate patrol scenario after Killer closed hatch.

Clairvoyance- A Miquella perk, you cleanse or bless a totem and see auras of hooks, gens, chests, and even the hatch at 64 meters. You can't have an item while using it, and if you're not careful you can burn it, but it gives you a decent bit of info and can even let you find hatch very easily.

Potential Energy- Probably my wildest take but man is this perk a great example of high risk high reward. Potentially carrying 20% of a gen around can be really strong, so having to gather the charges and not be injured is honestly a fair trade off, you just have to be smart about gathering them.

I play SoloQ, so here's how I use it. If working on a gen solo, begin gathering Energy around 98% or so. That way I can gather the charges and than finish the gen, while if the Killer gets close I can just dump what I have and finish the gen. If someone is with me on the gen start gathering around 75%, same mentality.

PE is also a great counter to Pain Resonance, as it takes 20 and you can immediately give it back

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,538
    edited October 16

On survivors it's whole list:
    Any Means Necessary is #1, especially for soloq.
    Boons + Overzealous is one of my favourite things. Boons overall are pretty strong, people just used to extremely cheap old CoH value and ask to clearly overbuff it to the sky.
    Healing perks are super underrated as well.
    Troubleshooter is insanely good, especially with Eye of Belmont / whole wallhack build.
    Dramaturgy is dark horse which barely anyone can see.
    Light-footed is really good perk.
    Parental Guidance is situational, but nice when it works.
    Reactive Healing sometimes is S tier perk, I swear, especially with right build.
    Repressed Alliance sometimes can save you a game, but situational too.
    Resurgence was underrated and still will be, even consider it's now borderline S tier perk.
    Build to Last is very strong with right build and Commodious or for flashlight builds.

Survivor's variety is literally amazing, there are so much build I love to play with, and I wish killers has at least half of it, left alone slowdown dependency.

On killers I can mention:
    Spies From the Shadow, super underrated, one of the best info perks, but slightly situational.
    Coup De Grace, see it so rarely for how much it helps m1 killers.
    Dying Light. Mostly survivor's perk, but some best matches in my life I won due to this perk.
    Fire Up. Needs a huge buff, but I simply love it and these moments when it saves me from flashlight rescue.
    Gearhead. Slightly killer dependent perk, but sometimes gives a great value.
    Genetic Limits is too early too judge, but I already adore this perk and I think it will be really underrated.
    Unforeseen, good alternative to Trail of Torment, which I don't really see a lot.

Probably that's all for killer side, all other good perks are kinda in meta.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,376

Honestly if it had a lingering effect of like 10-20 seconds after you lost bloodlust, it might be a pretty decent perk on some killers.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,819

This list is basically an extended version of my own, especially on survivor side.

I also love Unforseen for my stealth builds. I run it on Unknown alongside Insidious to position myself as a fake clone in open spaces with it once I've applied appropriate pressure.

• PreorderBonus
    PreorderBonus Member Posts: 262

The New Dead Man's Switch:

The old version was a bit hit or miss because if a survivor triggered a gen block near the end of the ability's activation window, the generator would only be blocked for the remaining time, not the full duration. This has changed, and now every time Dead Man's Switch activates, it blocks the generator for the full 50 seconds. It works great with Pain Resonance and is especially effective for killers who can keep survivors off generators, like Nemesis with his zombies, Doctor with his blast, and Pinhead with his chain hunt. Almost every generator will end up being blocked for the full 50 seconds at some point.

• Pit_Bull_Love
    Pit_Bull_Love Member Posts: 47

In chaos shuffle, I got coup de Grace and bloodhound, and I was quite impressed. They have made their way into my rotation.

As survivor there was a perk that gave you tokens for each survivor hooked that could be dumped on a gen. Interesting perk, but could be situational, and you can get more consistent value from other perks.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,538
    edited October 16

Glad to hear we have so much common!
    Sadly I don't love playing Unknown too much, but I definately will give it a try on him, sounds really fun!
    UPD: I was right about to make a post to ask people's underrated builds, but you are on a step before me, hehe

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,503

I love Fast Track. You get value from the killer's progress (hooks), you don't lose tokens so can choose when to use them - preferably the last gen but if you're not going to survive that long then you can dump them earlier - not to mention it's really satisfying seeing that chunk of progress appear.

• CautionaryMary
    CautionaryMary Member Posts: 126

Whats your build with Autodidact? I prefer We'll Make It or Botany for consistency.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,541

I am addicted to Coup, nobody expects it, and it shuts down shack

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,496

Desperate measures

Faster healing

Faster self healing

Faster unhooking

On paper simple perk solid effects but something that people don't really account for is the faster unhooking, the ability to turn a hook trade into a unhook + protection hit from the unhooked survivor is extremely strong and having a bit of extra healing speed is nice when thanks to how much bp the game vomits at you means you can bring a medkit into every game

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,896

I run autodidact and 3 perks of your choice

I avoid increase healing cause you want skillchecks to appear so no Well make it or Botany.

I usually run autodidact, inner focus and the rest are up to you.

• CautionaryMary

Yeah, I don't really use Autodidact in my build due to how RNG the skill checks are, but it was nice to play with it in Chaos Shuffle. ☠️

I feel like if I was to play with Autodidact, I'd need an info perk like Empathy or Bond to get consistent healing but I respect your choice. It definitely comes in clutch when you have full stacks. 😊

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 1,025

Streetwise.

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 158

Does that actually work? How often do survivors fall for it? I'm sat on the bus on the way to work and that made me chuckle!

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,525
    edited 5:50AM

Killer side: Coup de Grace - One of the best perks to have fun with and get results. Become blight for a nano second around that corner and jump scare the crap outta them lol

Survivor: Empathy - Empathy is one of the best info perks in the game imo. Know where injured survivors are and by proxy, if one is in chase, then you learn killer location. For one perk slot, it does a WHOLE lot.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 4,003

Hex: Huntress Lullaby 😎

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,470
  • CautionaryMary

I love to pair Second Wind + We'll Make It, makes my Steve the babysitter of the survivor group. 😂

Empathy is pretty good, I use it on my Claud + Botany Knowledge.