The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

As a killer main who recently started to main survivor...

PreGum
PreGum Member Posts: 64
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

NoEd is getting really annoying... I’ve read plenty of posts regarding how to counter it, why it’s hated, why it’s needed, etc., but when I played killer, I rarely used it because I just found it as a cheap crutch (I typically end my games before all the gens are done anyway). But now that I play survivor, it’s as if basically every killer is using it game after game after game after game and after a certain point it doesn’t necessarily get annoying since, like I said, I’ve seen the “just do totems” posts, but it does get fairly annoying. I know the devs said they have no plans to change NoEd and I’m not complaining about that necessarily, but if DS got changed after enough people complained about it, maybe the same could happen with NoEd/THE ENDGAME GAME if enough people bring it to the devs attention.

Anyway, that’s all I have to say. If you’re going to comment, please leave a constructive comment and not one that says to counter NoEd, because like I said, I’ve read them all.

Comments

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773

It's as annoying as you let it be

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Annoy to cleanse totems? well deal with it i guess or accept the chance for noed lol

Also if you dont bring up any suggestion how to change noed, what are we supposed to discuss?

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

NERF NOED

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’m a survivor main and as killer I don’t use noed much, but as survivor I run small game to find totems quickly. Also @drunky26 a perk doesn’t define someone as “bad” noed is balanced as it has a counter, maybe the problem is you.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I have no issue with NOED as a survivor. I also assume everyone is running NOED so I bring in Small Game to counter it. I typically cleanse all totems and bam, no NOED. Its not that hard.

• PreGum

I’m sure you can find a million and one discussions on here about changes to noed on this forum, but that’s not why I made this post. I made this post because I used to be one of those “just do totems” guys who only played killer, but now after playing as a survivor and seeing how often killers use noed, I can see why people feel the way that they do and the phrase “ClEaNsE tOtEmS” is coming from people who, like me, probably only main killer.

• GrootDude

@PreGum just cleanse totems, I’m a survivor main.

• GrootDude

@PreGum yes I would. The medal can say @TreemanXD doesn’t call people so and so main for something they say online.

• jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124

I main survivor and agree....just “ClEaNsE tOtEmS”.

The things been changed multiple times already and is at a point where it can be nullified.

The whining over dying every now and then in a match because 'the killer had noed' is ridiculous. I didn't know NOED told the killer where you were at the end game and allowed him to teleport you to a hook and instant death...

Fargin babies

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

We don’t need any more noed threads, it’s here to stay as is. Move on already.

Even if you don’t cleanse totems, just play stealthy after the gates are powered and don’t immediately rush to open them.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

If you have problems with NOED just use No Mither ez counter

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

I play both and think NOED is fine.

The end game already heavily discourages killers from trying to "play fair/3 hook" all game, as a single chase with multiple survivors alive is more than enough time to open at least one gate. Killers that try to do this are naturally going to see more challenging endgame scenarios than those that use other "cheap" tactics to remove survivors earlier.

The end game right now is ridiculously weighted towards the survivor side, but yeah, let's nerf one of the killer's only comeback factors for this portion of the trial, especially if they've been "spreading the love" like everyone expects them to.

Play a killer capable of getting quick downs and mercing a team early to avoid endgame? Welcome to Washington, DC.

Until the endgame is completely reworked, NOED is a decent, but still pretty weak, comeback factor.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited March 2019

Says the one who can't apply the basic, proven, always posted counters to NOED.

The people who have issues doing totems for noed also complain about not having anything to do other than gens. Doesnt matter what role they play.

• skinnylegend47
    skinnylegend47 Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2019

Bringing small game to counter totems/noed is exactly the same as to say, "oh, just bring enduring so (the old, pre-nerf) decisive isn't bad lol"

How come they can complain and complain about "omg it's a perk slot to counter it soooo op it's a crutch perk!" to the point where ds got nerfed?

in my opinion noed is a crutch perk as well. to the point where 1 hook before the last gen is done to 2-3 survivors dead?

survivors are constantly getting nerfed and i understand the killer is suppose to be much more powerful than the survivors, but then we get called toxic for trying to DO WHAT THE GAME INTENDS US TO DO by looping killers around pallets and such? Makes no sense

• Carpemortum

If 3 people fall to the same noed, they need to rethink their paths, playstyle, and over altruistic nature.

• PreGum

Did you even read my post? I clearly stated I’ve read such posts and that this post isn’t about how to counter noed. LITERALLY the only reason I posted this is because as a killer main, I didn’t have an issue with noed and I rarely used it, but now that I’ve played survivor I can see how annoying and crutch-like the perk is. If you can complain about DS til it gets nerfed, then why can’t we do the same for any other perk?

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited March 2019

I'm playing solo and if someone get hit by NOED i'm gonna escape it anyway

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited March 2019

I honestly think only SWF are annoyed by NOED since they want to save his "friends" no matter what happened and NEVER leave and escape even exit gate are open (Sorry for double post, i don't know how to remove previous comment)

• Carpemortum
    edited March 2019

I? We? You assume I'm on one side. I play both. And I never complained about ds. But it needed a change. Noed does not. If it's an issue, it's only because survivors didnt take out the totems.

Also, you cant complain until they change it, because unlike ds, theyve said that it's not looking at being changed. They wanted to change ds, it just took time.

I read your entire post. And it doesnt change anything.

You went from killer main who didnt see its issues (likely bc they cleansed totems or died to it.) To survivor, having issues with it (likely due to never cleansing totems while playing.)

So you playing a different side may change your perspective, but it doesnt change the core of it. You are now one of the people who if Noed is a problem, you LET it be a problem.

• PreGum

The only reason I stopped using noed is because I personally wanted to get better without relying on it and I did. Just because they said it’s fine for now doesn’t mean people can’t still make suggestions on how to change it if they don’t like it. It’s called an opinion and you don’t have to agree with it. One of the main things about the precious DS is that it rewarded survivors for nothing, just like noed does now. You could dribble to prevent ds, just like you can cleanse totems to prevent noed, but they both waste time and there’s no sure way that when you cleanse totems you’ll be successful. Now ds is changed so that survivors have to earn it, but there’s not really any way to “earn” noed except for survivors doing gens. Obviously the devs do things/don’t do things that the players disagree with which is why they gave us a forum to present our thoughts, feelings, and ideas. You can stop commenting to tell me things I already know.

• Raccoon

Getting downed within 60s after being unhooked really makes me feel like I'm "earning" my DS.

• Carpemortum
    edited March 2019

@PreGum I could. And you could not post about something that gets talked about every day.

But I feel like if you already knew all this, you wouldnt have posted this at all, or even responded so defensively.

Dribbling to prevent old ds was a joke of a tactic and not comparable to cleansing totems, and the fact you call DS "precious" is funny.

You can make any suggestions and opinions you want. You asked why you couldnt complain until they changed it. I gave you the reason. You continue to refute that and want to argue that it's your opinion, or whatever, man.

Earn noed? Earn a free kill? You mean playing killer AT ALL? Noed shouldnt be earned, it should be negated. If it goes off, it's on the survivors.

"We want second objectives"

Yet

"Doing totems is too hard/time consuming"

You say the perk is super crutch as a killer, but it's really not. Because better survivors will destroy totems regardless if they're lit or not. It's up to the survivors making a mistake. Survivors can completely negate that perk slot.

As I said before. If noed is an issue, you let it be one. Do totems.

If you want my opinion, which you dont have to like and cant be argued as it is my opinion, then let me tell you: my opinion, is that you really only play survivor (you call ds precious and get real defensive) but wanted to use the "I played killer" to not get flak, and then when you were met with the hard truth and obvious responses, it wasnt good enough for you so you want to draw wild connections and change your arguement because you continue to die to noed even though removing completely is in YOUR control, and are bitter enough to want to post about it.

But hey, that's just my OPINION, and you dont have to agree, right?

• Raccoon

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not.

• PreGum

If you genuinely think I’m just saying that I play killer is for shits and giggles, then by all means think that. The reason I didn’t like playing survivor before is because I didn’t like the concept of my life/death being in someone else’s hands and noed pushes me away from playing survivor by myself. With friends, even if they have noed, I can still at least have a good time, but anyway, think what you want buddy 👋🏽

• Carpemortum

If NOED is what pushes you from solo survivor, you should probably rethink your loadout or playstyle. Even just small game/detectives hunch ends noed.

I'm glad to see you've fallen back on the torso defense of think what you want , because you have no actual rebuttle now.

Your life and death are always in the killers hands. It's literally the point of the game.

So I'll leave you with your delusions, and lack of understanding. Because if all that were true, and you have fun with friends regardless of noed (which is bs. You know you cleanse totems as a full swf) you wouldn't have even posted this, let alone continue to flail random arguements towards me.

So, start cleansing totems, stop being like everyone else crying about noed changes every day.

Gl in the fog hon.

<3

• PreGum

I’m delusional but you know what I do when I play with my friends? You think just because I play swf we’re all super sweaty with flashlights and instaheals? I’m not crying about noed, I’m expressing how my opinion on it has changed after playing a different role.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited March 2019

I use NOED less and less these days in favor of other builds. I might buy the Plague to get access to her perks, though. For Hag and Spirit, M&A + A Nurse's Calling are the staple, with Make Your Choice. For Pig, I've been experimenting with for Bamboozle, Spirit Fury, and Enduring for 3K efficiency, though the lack of tracking can make 4K difficult.

NOED virtually never gets cleansed before I can hit at least one person, which is nice.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Look at the killer bias in the responses. If we nerf NOED, then they should put a duration on normal running for survivors.

• Numinous
    Numinous Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2019

If it was as simple as just cleansing the totems, then why would killers run it? If it is so easy to get rid of the perk, then why do you rely on it regularly? It's because they know that totems aren't cleansed most of the time, and that it will get them an easy 4 man after the gates are powered. It's especially hard to counter in solos due to the fact that you can't communicate with your teammates how many totems are left and whatnot.

Maybe killers should stop telling others to "git gud" and try killing the survivors before the survivors finish all of the gens. I understand NOED as a counter to a 4 man team rushing gens, but running it regulary against randoms (which, let's be honest, are basically bots) is completely unnecessary and unfair, especially after they've waited 10+ minutes for a game because of this matchmaking system.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

Yeah, cleanse the totems, but Small Game should reveal their number.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    edited March 2019

NOED in my experience is so damn infrequent that I don't care if it ends up wrecking my Survivor team xD (it's seriously been like a month or two since NOED affected my Survivor games). I usually cleanse 2-4 Totems anyway, depending on map, killer and if I'm the one being chased or not.

Typically you can kinda spot when a Killer is using NOED based on their playstyle and if they're doing poorly on Gen protection (some Killers are bold to tunnel/camp 1-2 and ignore Gens for NOED to clean up the last 2). However some Killers use NOED as a last resort and play decently to even greatly and have it as a contingency plan.

Regardless, I don't care if it's been said till kingdom come, but cleanse totems...be observant of how the match is going and if,you're somehow running into so many NOEDs...then every match expect a NOED like Killers tend to suspect people have Dead Hard and play around it's potential usage.

Edit: Y'all are hilarious. Sorry but instead of adapting and taking charge in a match where you knowingly hate a Perk and know it's counter and refuse to accept taking the time to counter it (or do but still bemoan)...you want to complain about it. Give me a break. The Perk was already changed long ago.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

NOED is annoying but hatch escapes, second chance perks and gen rush isn't?

Get a hold of yourself.

• Raccoon
    edited March 2019

It's totally fair to auto-lose the game against good-excellent survivors that I played "fairly" against with a non-Nurse/Billy killer because 3-4 of them are alive due to my "fair" play and I commit to a chase endgame.

Nerf killer endgame, guys.

@PickCollins

Any survivor with a key when hatch spawns or left alive when it is open can use it regardless of their contributions to the game. It's a trash mechanic that causes frustration on both sides.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

Running small game is no guarantee that you will find every totem unless you dedicate the whole game to running around the map to find totems. Some totem locations are either extremely hard or camped by the killer.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Now this is coming from somebody who didn't typically call for defensive strike to be nerfed even though I feel like it needs a little to compensate for its new restrictions.

However I find that a lot of people tend to only bring up bad Killers when they're talking about no one escapes death but not those who generally use it because they like endgame builds.

As somebody who really got into running endgame builds because of monto and just generally how much I love help strong Killers like Amanda and Freddy can be in endgame if given the right build. I feel like it's really annoying that no one escapes death gets such a harsh reputation.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    edited March 2019

I would be totally fine with noed if there was an exposed icon as soon as the gens popped.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

Except NOED is a problem for the same reason Decisive was a problem. Forget counter play, let's talk about the nature of each perk.

Decisive strike rewarded Surviviors who failed at their job of keeping the killer looped/escaping when found with an effectively free escape, it was a "you messed up and now you get rewarded for it" perk.

NOED rewards killers who fail at their job of stopping the generators from getting done with a free haste and instakill. It's a "you messed up and now you get rewarded for it" perk.

And don't feed me that "just cleanse totems" line of crap. You know as well as I do that if it was that simple, NOED would be useless. But it isn't. NOED is even unique from other hex perks in that, unless literally every totem is broken, the killer gets to have it. Unlike perks like devour hope, third seal, ruin, haunted ground, thrill of the hunt, or huntresses lullaby, you cannot see that there is a NOED totem. You gamble every time you leave as much as 1 totem dull.

Cleansing dull totems should not be a concern that Surviviors should be having. Forget the counterplay aspect to it, because if we wanna get technical about it, old DS did have counterplay. There were ways you could prevent it/force them to miss It. But the complaint was that the counterplay wasted too much time for the killer.

Funny, when time is wasted for Surviviors, killer mains are ok with it and willing to let Surviviors suffer for actually doing their primarily objectives, but how dare killer mains struggle at all, right? Next thing you know, one Survivior is gonna spawn in the dying state bc the killer mains complained that the game was too frustrating