Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Console Tierlist?

is there any out there? I haven’t seen any

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Same as the usual tier list. Nurse is still the strongest, despite what people say, she's just harder to use at her maximum potential than on PC. Same with Huntress. There is a dude I played a few times that plays both of these killers and is CRAZY good with them. Like sniping from across the map and over short walls with Huntress to perfect blinks with Nurse. I told him to get on the forums and show people his clips and make it clear that these killers are not trash on console like people believe, so far he hasn't taken up the offer.

So because they are harder you see way fewer top quality Nurse/Huntress players. But they do exist, this guy was just one from recent memory. Most suck though because the killers are so hard to play.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

1)spirit

2) billy

3) Micheal

4)nurse

5) huntress

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163

I have to see it to believe it. I’ve only seen like 3 good Nurses, and in red ranks there’s hardly any. Tbh Nurse might be worst than Freddy, as most Freddy’s get 2ks while Nurses usually DC. Huntress is alright, not as good as people say but once shes outta hatchets she’s awful.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

I'm sorry, I just have to LOL at this. I've seen decent huntresses so I won't comment on them, but the mythical god tier nurse just doesn't exist on console. I play killer about 10 times as much as I play survivor, but I've got a couple hundred survivor games in and I just have never seen it. Even coming across a nurse is an ultra rare event.

If less than 1% of red rank games are with nurse killers and less than 1% of those god tier players then the sample size is too small to be significant. I'm sorry, but to even suggest that nurse is top tier on console is comical at best. You can't just say "trust me bros, I know no one has ever seen it, but nurse is the best". There needs to be actual evidence.

I would personally love to see the actual stats on rank 1 nurse play on consoles, not just anecdotal evidence. Percentage of games played with nurse as killer in the last 30 to 60 days, average kill percentage of those games, average kill percentage across all killers, average kill percentage of the top performing killer (assuming this isn't nurse lol), etc.

• thesuicidefox

@MegChicken Just because there are fewer players will to put in the time to get good with these killers DOES NOT mean that these killers are weaker than on PC. It just means you don't see those killers as often, and when you do they aren't usually as good. But trust me, there are quite a few really REALLY good Nurse and Huntress players on console that prove these killers are strong no matter what platform you are on.

@SovererignKing No I'm on Xbox. That is PS4.

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

Well in my personal opinion it would look something like this.

High Tier- Billy, Spirit, Nurse (has improved TREMENDOUSLY since this past patch), Hag

High MID tier- Plague, Huntress

Mid tier- Myers, Pig, Wraith

Low MID tier- Clown, Trapper, Doctor, Leatherface

Low Tier- Freddy

?- Legion

Note- Based on good survivors.

Billy is still most superior from the fact of his one hit down and map control. Looping CAN hurt him a bit, but there are always choices to make since you have your chainsaw.

Spirit is the same from PC as she is everything thing billy is aside from one hit down and better tools to mind game.

Nurse no longer has frame rate issues. Only thing that knocks her now is the 180 blinks that she does have on PC. Or rather she can do better 180s on PC. I think she's on par with PC nurse now other than that.

Hag has great pressure everywhere and can wreck havoc as long as the traps are on point. I debated putting her first, but SWF can be a bit more harsh to her than they can to other killers. That's really her only weakness IMO.

Plague (for now) is fifth and high mid tier. She's great at downing people, but struggles slowing the game down at times and with map pressure. Survivors also get free insta heals sometimes. Looping IMO doesn't hurt her much as it can with huntress. Speaking of which...

Huntress is on a similar level at downing survivors as she has a bit more availability to her range attacks vs Plagues almost guaranteed hits (hatchets vs corrupt purge). Speed really hurts her looping (certain ones) and map control. She would've been lower on previous patches, but again FPS has since improved.

Myers early game is where you can really get hurt. If you're not getting stalk or grabs, then you're not getting pressure and ultimately 2/3 gens are going to get done before your first hook. If you do get tier 2 early on, then great. His one hit down ability and added lunge to tier 3 is what helps him become a pretty good killer. Quick downs and you create some good pressure. Terror Radius in all tiers is also cool.

Pig is basically Myers, but has a more difficult time downing and can slow the game down better (at the cost of RNG). Pigs ability to slow the game and some creative mind games makes me feel happy.

Wraith makes it 3 stealth killers in a row. Coincidence? Average map control, average downing, above average against loops. Negative here is Wraith doesn't have a real great strength like the killers above.

Clown used to be thought of (by most) a pretty strong killer. Now that he has been out a while, the weaknesses are showing and the strengths are lacking. Clown is still a very good anti looper, but survivors on many loops have figured out the distance in which they can be safe. Everything else about clown is pretty below average which makes me tense.

Trapper is the definition of a average killer. Can slow down the game, loops can be taken care of, game can be slowed down and can get insta downs... all with his traps. Feels good when you get traps, but you're not always going to be around trapped survivors and we know there is some sort of butter in between the trap. I think he does everything at a below average rate most games.

Doctor is a killer I personally grown to love playing. His decent at loops and can slow the game down a bit, but has to REALLY work to get survivors down (which is what I love surprisingly). Honestly him and trapper are basically tied, but with Trapper having more potential he is put a spot above.

Leatherface has a one down ability. A one hit ability that isn't always at play because of vaults and pallets. Other than that, everything else is not very good. Camp game stronk tho.

Freddy we know what you are. A good add on killer.

Legion ???

• Acesthetiic

@thesuicidefox and when you mean a few, like 7-8 at most. I agree though that there are some good Nurses and huntresses and console on par or better than PC ones. (I hope people would consider me one :(

• Hail_to_the_King
    Hail_to_the_King Member Posts: 183

Spirit

Billy

Myers or Huntress

• thesuicidefox
    edited March 2019

@Acesthetiic Yes exactly. You can count on 1 hand the number of Nurse or Huntress players that are good enough to demonstrate their power. 95% of the Nurses/Huntresses you encounter on Xbox are no where close to being that good. But that doesn't mean they are bad, just harder to get to that level than on PC. I wish I could share the names of a few just to prove this point but that's against the rules -_-

• Acesthetiic

@thesuicidefox I can also think of a few on the top of my head. Hopefully console nurses will get some recognition someday. You should judge my nurse/huntress when we vs again and vice versa.

• thesuicidefox

@Acesthetiic Sadly I don't consider myself in that 5% 😥 At least not for Nurse. Huntress maybe but I need to practice for a while. I've semi-retired her as part of my killer rotations until the game is a steady 60 FPS on Xbox One X. I only pull her out for dailies. Spirit and now Plague are my main killers, with Trapper and Pig being secondaries. Also I still play Freddy but only if I'm having a good night. But for the foreseeable future I'm all Plague, with Spirit mixed in until I get Plague to p3 with all perks, then it will probably be more of an even split.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@MegChicken You kind of said it yourself. These very good Nurses and Huntresses are rare, but they do exist on console. I also know like 3 or 4 Nurses on PS4 you can't win against. ☺️

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

So effectively what you said is "Nurse isn't good, becuse there are not enough good Nurse players." which makes no sense, in effect you saying that "oh, self-care is bad because nobody uses it." Usage doesnt determine ability, in this case Nurse is still god tier on console, however there is only a very small minority of them, most likely steming from the fact that Nurse is much harder to play, but should somebody set out to improve with Nurse they will find themselves with the strongest killer in the game.

• Tydie
    Tydie Member Posts: 126

i’ve seen console tournaments and the nurse game aint strong.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Tydie Isn't everybody allowed to participate in tournaments?

• Acesthetiic

@Tydie Tournaments don't tell the full story.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Ok it's Spirit, Nurse, Billy and Hag on console and PC. The four top tiers.

• Acesthetiic

@Poweas This guy knows what he's talking about.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

Using keyboard and mouse is high tier, everything else low tier.

• thesuicidefox
    edited March 2019

Using a mouse is good. Keyboard is ass for anything but RTS games where you need like 500 buttons. Analog stick is way better than WASD because you can move in all directions at varying speeds. Can't do a perfect circle strafe with WASD. Can't perfectly hug a wall around a loop while looking in any direction you want with WASD either. Know that thing where survivors attempt to block the hook and killers always have to hit them out of the way? Yea that is WAY harder to do on console because analog stick let's you just push your way in, to the point where the only reliable way to body block a hook is with multiple survivors in the hook prompt zone.