List of ideas - Devs please read!!!

Esoteric
Esoteric Member Posts: 19
edited July 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

This post is comprised of all the ideas I thought of within the past week that could improve the game. I encourage you to add on to my ideas, say why you like/dislike my ideas, and offer some of your own ideas :)!

I will first say the problem / what needs to be improved, I will give my idea as to how we can improve this, then i'll explain why this is a problem / explain how this is a good solution (in my eyes) to the problem.

Level 100-
This is based off previous discussions I have looked at, but it seems you get absolutely nothing aside from a reset upon reaching level 100. Level 100 tales around 250-300 hours to get, and again; you are rewarded with a fresh slate to burn another 300 hours. I think the devs NEED to add more insentive to reach this prestigious level; something such as an egregious amount of blood points or shards. Possibly even auric cells or a cosmetic. Maybe we have the choice between 1 of the 4 even? This would give people, again, more insentive to play this game for longer periods of time :)

Shrine-
As well all know, the shrine has been down for a little over 2 weeks at this point, and will most likely be down for another week at least. This is 3 weeks without access to the Shrine. I think the devs should; upon release of the shrine once again, either give us a ton of teachables compared to the normal shrine. Possibly 16+ teachables? Perhaps a huge sale on the teachables, or even let us CHOOSE 4 teachables we would like to have. This way people will feel less cheated on the Shrine situation. I've already seen well over 20 posts just about the Shrine being down, and I would imagine this gesture would be recieved well by the community.

Hex Totems-
Many of us know that hex totem position is horrendous, there is just no escaping that fact. Some times as survivor your camera will pan over a hex totem right as you are spawning into the game. Not only this, but the hex perks just arent as powerful as they should be seeing as they can literally be removed by the survivors. There are a few ways I can think of that would improve the hex situation. One is we can make it so the killer has the ability to choose where the hex spawns. This could create a more competitive enviroment and have strats come of this alone. We can have the Hex's just be more hidden. This isn't a superb idea per se, but it would be an improvement to the current situation. Hex perks could have a small effect after being destroyed. We could also have Hex's take much longer to break (possibly 3x longer?), give them skill checks, and not have it so they make noise while around them. The last part of this will also buff small game so it isnt completely useless. Some of these ideas may sound a little overboard, but keep in mind that normally a perk is there for the entire game; but Hex's can be completely removed by the survivor permanently for the rest of the game. There is one other way to buff Hex's, but it would require almost a complete overhaul of the Hex system, and that would be just by improving the actual perk. I wont go in depth on the improvements on the indivusual perks, but be free to comment some.

Ranking / Leaderboard system-
A lot of complaints have been made, and rightly so, about the current ranking system. Not necessarily due to the way you get pips, (as I feel the current system is much better than any previous system we've had), but on the actual ranks themselves. Currently the only reason to reach rank 1 is to brag, to get the achivement, or to stream snipe. I propose there to be a leaderboard where the top 100 killers and top 100 survivors are listed, and the reward would be bloodpoints, cosmetics, shards, cells; essentially what you would get from being level 100 (with the appropriate adjustments). We could also make the ranking system (1-20) more in depth. I can't imagine it would be hard to make it 30-1 or something of that sort. This would make it easier for new players to join Dead by Daylight as they wont be faced against pros as often. This would also more than likely prevent DCing. I think we should also make rank reset bi-monthly or possibly even every 3 months with this change. Rewards for top 100 could be handed out weekly, monthly, or every reset. I know some people have problems finding matches but some people isn't everyone. If it ends up being a abnormally large problem, you could always get rid of region lock (which I would prefer regardless).

VSync-
This is a very simple one. Just make an option in the settings where people can turn Vsync off. so we dont have to go into files to do so. I haven't heard any reason no to do this, and it would make skillchecks much easier.

Hatch-
I highly doubt either Survivor or Killer enjoy having that staring contest over hatch at the end of match. In order to combat this, you could make it so survivors have to open hatch like a gate. This way there is no penalty to hitting a survivor over hatch unless the hatch has been opened by the Survivor, but at that point the Survivor deserves the hatch. This would make it so Survivors can still use the hatch as a means to escape the game, but it wouldn't result in the oh so loathed staring contest.

Additional fog Add on-
The additional fog add ons for Killer are completely useless, and furthermore are a complete waste of bloodpoints. I've maybe used around 2 in my 700 hours on this game; and I believe that to be more than average. Just completely remove these please.

Additional gamemodes-
This isn't a problem, but I feel like the addition would be fun. We could have either a rotating "special" gamemode where the vanilla rules are changed every week. One week maybe its 2v8 and the other week you might get to bring 4 of the same perk with you. This of course will be completely unbalanced, but the gamemodes only purpose is fun. You would still get some blood points from this, and it would be unranked. This way the game gets even more long term play-ability.

See you in the fog

Edit:
proposed by: ナレス エラキアン
Hex-Perks should have a slight effect active when they get destroyed, so they don't become absolutely useless when found within 10 seconds.

Post edited by Esoteric on

Comments