How to stop camping

I think while a survivor is hooked if the killer is close to the survivor on the hook it’s should work how the pigs traps work if you are to close the bar doesn’t go down

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I think there should be a magical force created by the entity that pushes killer away and doesnt let them get closer again

• killjoy_911
    killjoy_911 Member Posts: 3

Well it’s no fun to wait forever to find a match to just be camped and get 2000 blood points

• killjoy_911
    killjoy_911 Member Posts: 3

Yea but then killers can just trail until it wears off like they do with borrowed time

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

The unhooker should be invulnerable when entering a 20 meter radius and both survivors are invulnerable within that radius until they either leave or the hooked guy gets healed.

Sounds fair, because this way the survivor on hook will get a chance to survive at least instead of being tunneled to death instantly

• Jamez666
    Jamez666 Member Posts: 26

What if the killer is within a certain range of a hook, their aura is revealed to the other survivors after a short duration? That way the other survivors know the killer is camping and finish off the last of the gens/totems without worry or revealing where they are to figure out what is happening with the hooked survivor?

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

And you didnt think of an additional restriction that while being in a chase the timer doesnt stop, to prevent abuse?

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I think that you just need to

• thediniz
    thediniz Member Posts: 24

what about if the timer dont stop if you are on a chase?

or if it never stop at all just slows down

lets face it, losing points its not a real punishment, most people dont even care about that even more on low ranks, there are a lot of possibilities that can be explored like revealing the aura of campers or maybe increasing the time between well suceeded hits so that if you are able to take a hit for your friend you and him would be able to make more distance from the killer as a punishment for camping, this way a survivor could still try to force a chase near the hook to make the "camper" status active for the killer and then get the bonus but it wouldnt be a death sentence for the killer since first of all the survivor who came to the hook would need to hold the chase there long enough for the killer to be concidered a camper, the he would need a good time and positioning to take a hit for the hooked one, wich wouldnt be easy since by the time the killer get the camper status he would already have bloodlust, if the survivor try to abuse this mechanic this way he would most likely be put down.

I dont think this would resolve the entire problem but its a good start

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

This exact mechanic was testing out in a PTB and it was heavily abused by survivors.

Who'd have thunk, huh? Survivors doing their thing.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2019

So lemme get this straight.

You have 3 anti camp/anti tunnel perks.

2 give you a free hit and THEY STACK and 1 gives you a 3-5 second stun after being tunnelled.

And you want more?

Im out i can't even.

Hey BVHR can i have a killer perk that if a survivor tunnels a gen it teleports them to me so i can have a free hit please?

Survivors seem to want to force me to play how they want for an easy game so i believe killers should be able to ask for the same.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

Interesting. I never knew this was tested cause I was thinking about something similar for fixing the camp. How about the bar doesn't go down only IF the killer is in some range similar to the emblems punishment you made recently /where if there is a survivor nearby too that does not work/ ?

• GraviteaUK
    edited April 2019

Again any sort of stop timer can be abused.

If the killer gets ran past the hook by a survivor in chase or not the person gets more time whilst the other 2 get even more free time on gens.

How is that fair on the killer? should he drop the chase just because he doesn't wanna run past the hook?

Even when not in a chase? what if i spot you near the hook after i have started to walk away? or i spot you across the map and we are not in chase yet but i have to walk within range of the hook to get to you?

Camping is fine.

You get 3 second chance perks and easy gen rush. Git gud don't get caught and learn to not feed the killer stupid kills whilst being altruistic for the sake of it.

• thediniz
    edited April 2019

Still doesnt seem like it cant be worked out, you seem to already know some specific situations where camping is right so you could work on some mechanics, for that situation you said, lets say you add a increased time between hits when the killer is camping, so the increased time would be based on the number of gens left, lets say a increase of 20% for each gen, this way in the early game the killer would be punished while on the late game when gates are open he would suffer 0% of the penality

Of course there will other situations when camping should be done but you could still test the mechanic on PTB to find out when this would apply and then think of a solution

While we do have anti camp perks doesnt feel fair to have to sacrifice a perk slot for something that first of all doesnt happen every trial and also in some times can still be countered by the killer

• GraviteaUK

So again because YOU think something is "not right" or "not fun" you feel BVHR should compensate or otherwise maim killers?

Of course as the survivor you're not gonna like it, you know what i don't like? loops i don't feel they are particularly fair and don't find them fun.

BVHR please remove them!

See what i did there?

You are at the killers mercy to dispatch you however THEY see fit.

The killer is at the mercy of all these sweatbag SWF and second chance perks running around.

Lets just remove everything!

• thediniz

well doesnt seem like it cant be worked out, you seem to already know a few cases when the killer should camp so why dont work on that.

for example, for the case you mentioned.

lets say you increase the cooldown after a sucesfull hit when the killer is camping, this cooldown would stack acording the the number of gens left, lets say 20% longer for each gen, this way on early game the killer would get punished for camping while on late game when gates are open the cooldown would increase 0%

that seems to fix the specifc situation you mentioned, but i know there would appear more cases when you have to camp, still if you tested the mechanic on PTB you could indentify this cases and try to find solutions like these

also, changing subject, would i be asking too much that after finishing a trial with a friend both of us get send to the same lobby instead of need to create another one and inviting him again?

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

You are out of your mind. Stop and think about how abused that would become. Killer is trying to leave and you get caught out for making a bad rescue. You're invulnerable within a 20m radius and the unhooked survivor is not also invulnerable. How does the killer do anything about that? What about just staying around the killer so neither survivor is in any danger of getting killed. Entire teams could rush the hook and end up being unable to be killed. What about during the healing? You can have up to two people healing one person so that is three invulnerable survivors while you're within 20m? Absolutely not. You'd see way more killer dcs and in that one instance I'd not blame them.

• thediniz

dude nobody will enter a trial with only anti camp perks and if they do they would pay the price while making anything that is not beeing unhooked or unhooking,

now camping may not doom the other survivors game, they might get all gens done while their commrade dies but what about the guy on the hook? he also paid for the game just like you and me, he also waited a long time on lobbys to get in a game like you and me and he also want to have fun playing the game like you and me, when he gets camped its not about if he is a good player or not its about he not getting a chance to play the game

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

I hate camping as much as the next person, and at this point, I have no idea what could possibly combat face-camping in a good and natural way. They reduced bloodpoint gain for camping hook, and people still do it anyway. They added Breakdown to force the killer to take the survivor to a different hook, but it only has any real power if you have a team sabotaging hooks. New DS is good, but what if it's a Leatherface? No one is going to be able to unhook you in order for you to use it. Deliverance? How are you going to use that if you can never get a safe unhook because of a camper? Not to mention that using Deliverance against a camper is just going to get you put back on the hook.

• thediniz

what if i told you i also think loops should be reworked?

they wont be removed but they should be worked on and its not like the devs dont try, thats what bloodlust is for, of course its far from enough.

now you see the diference between you and me, im not just whyning, im trying to find solutions, you should do the same instead of acting like a baby create your own post about how you think looping should be reworked

• NeaJovovich
    NeaJovovich Member Posts: 234

So, then the Killer should stop chasing them.

To be honest, the way Killers claim that "tunneling" and "camping" are legit strats, so should looping a Killer around a hook if the Killer is too dumb to realize he's giving Survivors time.

• NeaJovovich
    NeaJovovich Member Posts: 234

So it's the Survivors fault that the Killer is dumb?

Also, don't Killers quip "jUsT dO tEH gEnS iF TeH KiLLeR iS cAmPiNg!!1"

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    edited April 2019

@Peanits , since one of your biggest gripes with penalties to camping is punishment for necessary camping (eg the exit gates are open), the following two suggestions should not be immediate turnoffs. On the forums (and most likely within the dev team too) penalties to camping can be a reason for reflexive and immediate dismissal of said ideas, but I believe that stigma should be done away with, given that there are solutions that consider why a killer would camp and what aspects of the game that killer is ignoring.

I would be interested in one of two things:

1. The killer cannot see the auras of all generators but one while within 20 meters of a hooked survivor for a cumulative total of 60 seconds. This blindness penalty is permanent once the killer has spent more than 160 seconds within radius of the hook. Reasoning: Being around the hook for 60 seconds is something that a survivor could potentially configure so that it occurs, but if a killer is chasing a survivor around a hook, why would the killer leave to patrol gens. It honestly wouldn’t matter. However, it would prevent killers who are just lingering around the hook for no reason from having information to be as efficient as a non-camping killer. A survivor has gone from freshly hooked to all the way dead before a permanent penalty is applied. This doesn’t affect killers if all gens are done. Lore: The killer has shown him/herself to be a loyal servant to the Entity but does not care about the survivors’ objectives, instead choosing to focus on eliminating a single survivor without any chances post-first hook. The Entity has granted that killer freedom from the annoyance of seeing auras of for which she/he has no care.
    2. (The less appraling and likely option) A killer blinded within 16 meters of a hooked survivor will undergo the flashlight stun animation, granting any daring savior a chance to rescue a survivor in distress. Reasoning: This is already difficult for a survivor to abuse if the killer is far away from a hook and/or the survivor doesn’t have a flashlight. Most importantly, the killer can look away to avoid blinds. Lore: Killers are also prone to blindness from greed.

Edit: Added additional reasoning to first suggestion

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

STOP ASKING FOR THAT!

it has been tested already, it has been abused, it can lead to infinite games (or will you rush in for the rescue when bubba is standing in the radius?) and its pure BS.

if you cant handle camping

• GraviteaUK

MoM is not an anti camp perk!

It has 0 duration it's up until you take that hit. Could be right away or after two other people have been hooked it does not matter.

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

So much BS about camping.

Wanna know how to stop it? Do the damned gens while killer is hanging around hook. You have 2 minutes of time till survivor dies on hook if it was his first. I can tell you for sure that when killer will see 3 gens popped while he was standing there doing nothing - he will be at different side of map in no time. Facecamping is 100% loss for killer if survivors dont feed him with new bodies trying to rescue camped teammate.

Yes, you can probably lose your second hook, but killer will lose the game and rank.

And if killer is moronic enough to keep camping after 3 gens pops - do rest 2 and get out of there. It gonna force killer not to camp in next games and make it more healthy. Yes, its probably not fun to be camped after 1 chase and hook, but as much as you let killers get new bodies from that strategy - they will continue to do it.

• Kind_Lemon

While yes, survivors should be doing that, often times, solo survivors are notoriously inefficient when making saves. Multiple people go or nobody goes at all.

Survivors that are unaware that the killer is camping while may run all the way across the map to the hook just before a survivor is sacrificed, abandoning a gen in the process and get caught out by the just as the survivor dies. These survivors have no way of knowing the circumstances without being there or having certain perks (eg. Empathy or Aftercare), and just running the length of a map such as Azarov's Resting Place can take a good 45 seconds. Additionally, not going to save a survivor is a loss of precious bloodpoints. Survivors net less points genrushing or stealthing than getting chased or farming other survivors. Much of the experience of the game outside of chase is driven by points. A survivor who is camped at the start of the game and burned any kind of offering is often left with less than 7k points, which is never a good feeling. I've not met or seen anyone who seemed to think, "Whoah, that was super scary. I loved that horror feeling from being camped." So, yes, there's an issue, but many people can't get past the surface level of the problem and suggest silly things like "Stop hook progression while the killer is in the area." Others, like you, get fed up with the ideas that repeatedly pop up (because for some reason, there's no way to sort posts by anything but most recent, yielding an insane number of duplicate and worthless posts on one topic), and you shut down your receptors toward any kind of change suggested to mechanics regarding camping even though there are plenty of things that the devs could try.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

@Kind_Lemon So in otherwords. The REAL solution to camping is giving a sign of when it is occurring and give Solo's the means of at the very least primitive coordination

• SamuraiPipotchi
    SamuraiPipotchi Member Posts: 100

One thing I'd be interested in seeing tested would be the killer getting a speed nerf if he's too close to the hooked survivor for too long.

The speed nerf would dissipate over 3 - 5 seconds after a chase started or if they left the radius of the hook.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Make Kindred base kit.

Not a 100% surefire fix, but it'd sure help solos.

• SamuraiPipotchi
    SamuraiPipotchi Member Posts: 100

Actually, because of how survivor ranking works, if you did that all survivors would also risk losing a pip.

Gens wouldn't get regressed, so without blowing them constantly you can't get much lightbringer score (unless your teammates aren't doing anything).

And you would lose your benevolent emblem entirely because you lose score when people don't get unhooked.

You also wouldn't get many chaser points, because the killer wouldn't be chasing you or anywhere near you for the majority of the match.

Pressuming you survive, you would likely end the match with just enough points to maintain your rank at most.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

Why not allow Deliverance to unhook in the direction you want and also a speed burst? This can give you some seconds to try to escape.

• Kind_Lemon

If we're ignoring the bloodpoints aspect and atmosphere (which admittedly suffer because of the many other issues in the game)...

...Precisely! 😁

• GraviteaUK

You clearly don't actually play this game.

The current Meta setup is DS, DH, Adrenaline and MoM.

So yes they do enter with second chance perks and yes it does work and no they don't pay a price the build works perfectly well which is the problem.

Don't preach and start throwing insults when everything you have suggested has already been tried and abused by guess who! survivors.

And i never said looping should be re-worked i said i don't find it particularly fun it was sarcasm, the point being just because something is not fun for one side does not mean it needs fixing but of course you were too busy throwing insults to actually read like an adult.