We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

TydeTime talks current state of the game

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,616

18 minutes?

Normally i'd watch, but i'm multitasking right now.

A TL;DW would be nice. 😊

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@Jesya

I literally can't watch the video 'cuz I'm at school and youtube is blocked

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I'll watch it later, school is a busy place ya know

• wisdom
    wisdom Member Posts: 216

Speaking of Tyde-bashing.

anyone who still thinks Mettle o Man is a bad perk, Tyde agrees with you. He thinks flip flop is a better perk. That should really be all you need to know.

ON TOPIC:

i do not disagree with his assessment that the emblem system. I think it is pretty accurate. I am personally getting really tired of getting iri in chaser and not popping because all the gens were done. Or getting iri in lightbringer and having to go back and farm killers for points..: and hope not to die. Because no matter how much of a potato a killer might be, they are still a killer, and you will die on your first hook if you are caught after then gens are powered.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

isnt this the guy who said myers is s tier? i dont think its worth to watch his video then.

• Davide
    Davide Member Posts: 32

Please, let's break the equation:

the guy has visibility = the guy knows what he's talking about

I will save 18 mins of my time.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I agree with some of what he says in the video. The matchmaking is pretty bad and the piping system right now is just awful. However, I wouldn't say these are the biggest issues right now. Players who DC are currently, imo, the biggest issue plaguing DBD right now.

Also, finding a game on PS4 is pretty easy. Just take a bit of time as a Survivor since a LOT of people are not playing Killer right now.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

He explicitly says flip flop is useless, so you're clearly talking out of your ass lol

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Just about the video: He is correct in what he's saying. He also doesn't say anything that we here in the forum don't already know.

The big amount of dc's (due to bugs and intentional dc's), the matchmaking and the ranking system are major issues and I hope that the devs act soon, so that those who stopped playing will return to the game.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

His opinions aside, the factual breakdown was pretty on point with the issues the current system is facing.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

Yeah I agree that dc's are the biggest issue rn, whether it is loading crash, game crash, or just dc's in general. What is the point in a playing a game when you don't have a full team to play with or go against.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited April 2019

He is right about red/purple ranks requiring you to do everything perfectly just to pip which is ridiculous.

There is not enough Lightbringer for high ranks to pip unless someone refuses to touch gens which never happens. Each gen is 100 points, and completing a gen gives everyone 5 points. Gates are 15 points each. Do the math and that leaves 555 points possible to earn in this emblem. Divide by 4 survivors is 138.75 points each. Silver is 100. Gold is 190. Iri is 270. If survivors share 100% perfectly then they all get silver. In fact only 1 player can get gold where the other 3 get silver. If they get iridescent someone doesn't even get bronze. The only way for more than 1 survivor to get gold is if the killer brings totems, or if the survivors let the killer kick and regress gens but that's just throwing the game at that point. You shouldn't have to do this for a reasonable emblem.

Make all totems count for 50 regardless if they are a Hex or not, and increase gates to 30 points each. That would be enough to fix Lightbringer, and also build NOED into the emblem system such that, doing totems to avoid NOED rewards you. And it helps killers since survivors will take time to do totems it means they get more time, whether or not they have NOED.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,802

It's pretty ridiculous that dull totems don't give you anything considering NOED and TotH exist.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

he is mid tier maybe even low tier in my opinion due to one word Loop

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Thanks for the shout-out :) Also, your shirt idea is gold and I'm putting that together. I'm not a good artist, but I might be able to fake it :)

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Watched this earlier when I got home from work. He's not at all wrong about any of it... provided clear supporting points.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Pass, hes a dweeb.

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

About DC's, you know what the weirdest thing is that I notice? When I'm killer this only seems to happen when the survivors aren't railroading me. Perhaps it's because they are a 4 man SWF?

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

@samination Hi Sam! 😊

• Kim
    Kim Member Posts: 76

I personally dislike tydetyme, he makes the game a very negative space especially for killers and just makes the game worse imo. I can see why people like him but i've never really trusted his opinion on much.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Are you trying to say Myers is as strong as Hillbilly?

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

TydeTyme may be the second worst content creator to listen to. He always jumps to conclusions, is major killer-sided, and tends to cry over little things. Frankly, I find his material over-analyzed and usually incorrectly.

• wisdom
    wisdom Member Posts: 216

Going off his most recent Fog hour where he used flip flop over mettle of man and talks about how mettle of man is like unbreakable... like somehow killers just won’t hot the survivors

stopped agtee the first game because like most of his content he demonstrates a clear lack of skill despite his vast knowledge of game mechanics.

as far as he cares, his opinion is the only one that is right, even when there is outstanding evidence suggesting otherwise.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,555

Who?

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

A lot of you literally have no respect for streamers, if you don't want to watch their content then go watch something else. Instead you would rather bash whoever because you haven't watched them and you obviously know everything they do/do not say.

I remember when everyone was saying myers was the strongest killer. That's because few people played against him well. He is the most powerful in t3 and I'm sure he's had a few nerfs down the line.

Hag has always been borderline good/average it takes a very skillful hag to utilize her traps optimally and an incompetent team of survivors to trigger her traps.

• AshleyWB

Amount of teabags × Rarity of item = A good survivor.

I imagine that's the judgement of some people and it's just dumb.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460

The guy who thinks Hag is bad just becuz her play style doesn't fit him? Nah, I think I'll pass

• AshleyWB

Hag is only a really good killer if you as a survivor trigger her traps and she's right next to you murdering your face.

Hag is an average and weak killer if you are careful and don't trigger her traps.

If you're gonna be negative about it. Only bad survivors rate hag highly because they are the ones so incompetent as to set off all her traps and die a horrible horrible death.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

Ermm name and shame? Guess other streamers get special treatment so guess it's OK to start using names now?

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

I generally dont rate Tyde as he seems to be one who jumps on band wagons to create content simply to be controversial for views.

Just looking at the video you can hear a lot of things relate to discussions on this forum, it's like he took notes and decided to make a video of it.

I find it difficult to like someone who thinks they know what's best for the game when they have no prior knowledge of running a game this size, that on top of the fact he's not the best player but thinks he is.

I will say parts of this video were actually quite good like the emblems breakdown, he can be good at breaking these things down with numbers, I think that's his strong point, it's just the constant complaining/whiny attitude and condescending tone he uses when people don't agree with him I dislike.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Is that you, Tydetime?

Myers was never considered toptier or strongest, he started off decent but only due to bugs. When they got fixed, he was pretty bad before M&A came. Back in the Trapper, Billy and Nurse meta, Wraith, Hag and Myers were considered weak. Now he looks decent, since they released 10 weaker killers.

Hag is toptier even before the buff. You cant crouch in a chase and her real counter requires two flashlights warriors, preferably on voicecom. For most players, she will just take over the map, until you have no where good to run. As soon as someone is on the hook, its going downhill anyways. You can only genrush and forget your hooked friends for the most part. Cant think of a more oppressive killer than hag. She takes everything away, until you inevitably lose.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    edited April 2019

I think that the situation you said only SWF can do. When you're being chased, you immediately inform your teammates to step on the trap of a certain area to harass her. SWF is always broken as FCK anyway!

Of course you'll get some good teammates at solo, stepping all the traps while knowing you being chased, but after all, not all teammates can cooperate well like that!

• AshleyWB

The thing is a lot of survivors complain when a particular killer gets into a Chase with you and hooks you. This being the case for myers as he pops t3 and hag when she slaps you down after treading on her traps.

You complain saying OP when in fact if you don't give stalk and don't rush over her traps, you'll find it that the killer is nothing special.

Myers you rely on teammates to be targeted with t3 and them not to give him evil within. Hag you just crouch. It's not hard yet hag is placed higher in tier because a lot of you are too impatient to crouch.