Please Balance Matchmaking

Please balance matchmaking. Yesterday and earlier this morning I was unable to play on my rank 1 survivor because only two people would fill the lobbies. Then during the afternoon, my games started to fill up and I was finally happy. Until, both my games ended super quickly as I found out that 3/4 of my team are new player survivors being matched against a top ranking killer. Like, okay I understand that my problem before was that I wasn't getting any games, but to fill my lobby with new players is outrageous. Not only for me, but also for these new players because they are essentially being slaughtered within the opening minutes and getting farmed by the killers. Couldn't you guys maybe fill our lobbies with medium tiered survivors or killers instead of putting top tiers against low tiers.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1395561641

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1395561494

Comments

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

Also its not a connection issue since most of my lobby pings are within 85 to 190 ping range.

• Luxmea
    Luxmea Member Posts: 3

Hello, I am a new player who joined dbd through this last free weekend, I love the game concept and had a lot of fun. Sadly, I am in the fence regarding if I should recommend it to my friends because of issues exactly like the one OP described.

It is a free weekend, I'm an EU player at rank 20 and with 27k players ingame according to steam, I thought matches would be swift, but I had to wait near 5 minutes after 4-5 lobbies closed for different reasons to finally get a match with yellow ping (220ms).

This was ok, as I said, I had fun although I'm afraid what queues will look like once free weekend ends. What really makes me hesitate to give DBD a thumbsup review is that I am more often than not, matched against players who clearly have so much more experience than me, players who have what I learned to be legacy regalia, and/or what looked like endless amounts of skills and items when I have just the 1 perk, but most crucially, game mechanic experience.

When I am lucky and meet people with similar level of game experience, we have a fun match and I can see endless potential for the game, but when I'm unlucky, I get steamrolled with no chance to do anything, much like what OP described.

I try to have fun even when I face what look like impossible odds as it is all part of learning, however I wish that the devs could fix these inexplicable matchmakings and streamline queue times.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Lobbies have been ######### ever since the emblem system dropped.

Not sure if its the survivors refusal to rank up or what, but its pretty ######### to wait for 10 minute matches only for the game to be over in half that time. It's seriously making me contemplating de-ranking just so I can find games easier.

• JustZsolti
    JustZsolti Member Posts: 8

@Mc_Harty said:
    Lobbies have been ######### ever since the emblem system dropped.

Not sure if its the survivors refusal to rank up or what, but its pretty ######### to wait for 10 minute matches only for the game to be over in half that time. It's seriously making me contemplating de-ranking just so I can find games easier.

Ikr, this emblem system making almost every true mvp player stay at low ranks. I'm not saying I'm awesome good in this game or anything but every time the killer is chasing me all game I barely get to safety pip.What's the point? Some players literally hard carry their team and can't get higher rank because of exactly this. The emblems literally rewarding better someone who does nothing, but 1 gen and sneaks after the killer to farm you when you got downed.This is just stupid.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

Hoping we get new matchmaking soon. It's kind of pathetic it hasn't been fetched in to be honest.