Can we Buff WGLF please? BBQ lets killers see survs. Why not let WGLF let the unhooker see Killer.

Its nearly the least we could do. BBQ would be good even without the BP bonus. If WGLF did anything in addition to BP it would be mirroring BBQ which is super good for killer while WGLF only does bloodpoints. Perhaps exit gate speed per stack? idk just feel like it needs something.

Comments

• Because BBQ incentives the Killer to walk away from the Hooked person, by showing the location of other survivors. WGLF is just a perk that increases blood point gain from unhooks and protecting other survivors.

The two perks already receive plenty back in the unfavourable situations they create.

But WGLF does not need to show the Killer, because you already have the Terror Radius to know if the Killer is near.

• Sonicwb
    Sonicwb Member Posts: 39

Agreed, very unbalanced perks. I'm a killer main, but playing as a survivor stand point I understand. 

• apathytheclown
    apathytheclown Member Posts: 295

At least make it easier to get stacks. Getting an additional stack after getting the safe unhook prompt would be great.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

All I want is for you to get a stack after healing someone.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

It's not that hard to get stacks, just perform unhooks (safe please) and take a hit near someone injured and you're good. Perk doesn't need any buff. It's good to use when you want BP faster, if you want any kind of aura reading then just use any other perk as there are so many perks that allow you to read aura's or open exit gates faster. If they'd buff WGLF, those perks would literally stay untouched which is a waste.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I don't think that's a good idea since you can already see the killers position with different perks. If anything you should get more actions for doing WGLF such as if you do an unhook and heal you earn a .5 bonus stack.

You also shouldn't get anything if it isn't a safe unhook ie it meets the parameters for a safe unhook. Then if you do a safe unhook and heal a full health state you get .5 bonus tokens so you'd get 1.5 stacks.

The bonus tokens are in addition to the regular stacks it could also be if you do half a health state you get 1 bonus stack instead of the .5 etc.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited March 2019

Breakdown already does show the Killer.

I think it'd be nice addition to make scratchmarks and blood for a short time for the rescued invisible to direct the Killer towards you, it would also fit David's lore and personality.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    edited March 2019

WGLF just needs to have it's check increased on where you protect another survivor by taking a hit, I often times run into the killer but don't get a stack even tho he's after somebody that's injured.

I'd say getting hit within 32 meters of a previously chased injured survivor should still count.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I dont even wanna imagine how awful the game would be if every survivor would run WGLF and farm everones ass

• No1TheLarch
    No1TheLarch Member Posts: 221
    edited March 2019

Yeah it is. Its twice as hard to get stacks as surv then with BBQ if you dont farm. And I could make the same arguement about BBQ, I would use it even without the BP gain. Its just a little misbalanced that BBQ is the best BP perk for killer while also being a solid tracking perk while WGLF is only a modest BP perk. I would agree with @TreemanXD

Survivors get less BP then killers anyways and this could help some.

@Master Theres an easy fix for that, play with your friends or rank up.

• wisdom
    wisdom Member Posts: 216

If anything, breakdown should show both survibors the killers aura, not just the unhookie.

I echo the idea that it should reward you points for healing too

and in the point if bbq, perks do not have to be symmetrical.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2019

Sure, can the killer hide in a locker? hide closer to the hook and hide behind objects to hide from the perk?

No one uses BBQ for tracking anymore it's worthless they use it for the BP bonus only.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@No1TheLarch Yeah because there are no farmers in higher ranks..... nice one dude, but a bit early for an april fool =)

• No1TheLarch

That is not true at all. its still good, albeit slightly less so. I feel like survs have trouble enough getting bp without making wglf do nothing but bp.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

because WGLF just involves you running up to a hook and doing a save it doesn't involve you successfully winning a chase.

• No1TheLarch
    edited April 2019

lol Big surprise "Killermainbtw" doesnt think survivors should get more than just BP with wglf. Shocking TBH.

@ChesterTheMolester Has the best idea so far, I think this is an excellent Idea, also could help prevent accidental tunneling. I agree with this fully and it wouldnt make the perk OP, would help make the game more wholesome. I often accidently find the person that was just unhooked due to two sets of scratches, this way That wouldnt happen and it would be a bit harder for toxic killers to tunnel.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

the one and only reason why BBQ reveals Survivor Auras far away is, to make the killer leave the hooked person, due to many complaints about camping from the survivor side of the community.

also, killer perks are always supposed to be superior to the survivor perks with similar effefts, as the killer is only able to carry 4 perks at all time, while the survivors have 16 perks in total.

if 1 killer perk would equal 1 survivor perk, we'd need more perk slots for the killers.

• aarongai
    aarongai Member Posts: 155

also, killer perks are always supposed to be superior to the survivor perks with similar effefts, as the killer is only able to carry 4 perks at all time, while the survivors have 16 perks in total.

So by superior, in the case of BBQ vs WGLF, you're saying the survivor perk should do absolutely nothing to help win the game, but the killer perk should?

This isn't a superior versus inferior perk. This is a useful versus useless perk.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

the perk WGLF is doing a lot to change the game.

in the end, both perks main use if for bonus BPs at the end of the game, but both have different rule sets. while BBQ encourages Killers to go for each person once, WGLF encourages Survivors to go and play overly altruistic.

this is completely changing the playstyle of survivors with the perk, as they would do anything to get their WGLF stack.

also, BBQ's aura reading is not nearly as strong as you portray it here. there are like 3 Killers that can actually gain a good use out of it, those being Nurse and Billy with their ability to quickly travel over the map and Huntress with her ability to snipe from far away.

any other killer will just leave the hook and go in the general direction to where he sees a survivor, therefore doing the SURVIVOR a favor, as he will not be camping the hook and also going for someone else, allowing you to stay in the game longer.

TL;DR: both perks sole focus is on gaining bonus points for achieving a a certain objective. the killer version just has this tiny little bonus of leading the killer to the next, far away, victim.

you have multiple counters to it that can completely negate the bonus effect of BBQ. also, allowing you to see the Killers aura after a unhook is extremely strong and should not be underestimated.

• No1TheLarch
    edited April 2019

Exactly, but BBQ does do something. That is why my initial proposal was exit gate speed. But I think hiding the unhooked survs scratches and blood for 10 seconds would be the optimal change as it would help the unhooker take aggro and would combat tunneling both intentional and non-intentional while still not being a game-breaking buff.

@Mister_xD So what would you say then about exit gate speed or hiding the scratches of the rescued survivor? That would help combat Tunneling, a huge problem that the survivor comunity complains about.

Post edited by No1TheLarch on
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I think it'd be better if the perk (WGLF) has an additional bonus that relates to saving/helping teammates. The perk is about the interactions between the survivors not the saving survivor and the killer.