The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Just going to DC

ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy Member Posts: 228
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

If you camp me I’m DCing, if you tunnel me the entire game and ignoring everyone else that u run past I’m DCing. I really don’t care. If you’re gonna prevent me from playing the game and earning points etc then I see 0 reason for me to stay in the game. Sorry for the other 3 but I’m not giving the killer the points for the kill. I know they get quitter points but oh well. This game is Garbo anyway so who cares. “Oh you get points for being chased” I literally don’t care it’s literally not even worth the small amount of points you get.

Comments

• ThatOneGuy
    ThatOneGuy Member Posts: 228

Nah I shouldn’t have to stop playing a game because a killer wants to be toxic. Sorry but nah that’s not how that works

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@ThatOneGuy Camping and tunneling is not toxic, its a tactic, if done properly, can lead to a 4k, that is like saying that decisive strike is toxic

• Thunk
    Thunk Member Posts: 35

I leave when survivors spawn on my totem or unhook seconds after I go somewhere

• TMoser
    TMoser Member Posts: 17

I agree with those who say they could care less about ranking,In fact I have not been one to make massive BPs any way as my builds are usually stealth builds and the good BP boosters are so rare on the low tier bonus add-ons anyway so I too save up what few 100% bonuses I get and second someones comment on the load screen of death it crashes or takes forever and i get DC'd or have to restart DBD to move on and wow I still lose my offerings with nothing at all to gain but frustration and disappointment , I also agree that half or most of the team getting wiped in the 1st 3-4 minutes and usually everyone gets bent over and dead so early on is why DC;s are becoming the current trend and play style. Would be nice to have a good ,fun ,match that lasted as long or longer than the load and lobby wait times ,!!!!Quote from another post and addendum , those who proclaim others are whiners and complainers and F'ing up the game by DC'ing are precisely the reasons we do say F it and DC the game is supposed to be fun and entertaining not quick and pointless correct yourself before you blame others for not catering to your ego's and corrupted ways of playing for as many fast kills as your bloated ego's can allow get real its not supposed to be about how many how fast can i clear this trial with toxic death tactics. maybe you need to go to team fortress or some lame ego blower game like that think about it, Trials should last as long or longer than the lobbies and load screens nothing less .

• BeanieBoyBob
    BeanieBoyBob Member Posts: 354
    edited April 2019

You should try out a game from the Sid Meier's Civilization series. Heard it's meant to be a pretty good set of games.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

DC is fun!

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

LOL

• TheAntiSanta
    TheAntiSanta Member Posts: 128

Killers that camp and tunnel that hard don't actually care about getting points. They're just there to kill people. You DC'ing does nothing to them.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@Gorgonia most killers who hardcore tunnel and camp don't care about game goals, they are just being toxic. It is a real ######### play style that means nobody is going to pip in this current system.

That's the problem now. If you are a survivor and face a camping/tunneling killer, you can't just do gens and leave. If you do, you will likely depip. You need the interaction with the killer and altruistic deeds. The game is really messed up right now.

Killers depend on non-cry baby survivors who don't DC the first time they are downed, and survivors depend on a good killer who actu9plays the game and pressures the field. Completely insane.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Everyone who complains about tunneling is absolutely bad at playing survivor. Learn to juke, learn to loop, learn to combine meta perks. Git gud and you won't complain about tunneling anymore

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

you DC = i get a sacrifice in a very short time without losing a hook

please continue your DCing streak.

i dont really care.

• rabid_pygmy
    rabid_pygmy Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2019

run DS, MoM, an exhaustion perk (lithe is my favorite), bring an insta heal too. If you show the killer you're tough to catch, and heal in their face, many give up. This build can punish tunnelers hard even if you aren't the best looper.

Keeping a killer occupied for as long as possible is the most skillful thing a survivor can do, even if the points/pips fail to reflect it.

The trick is not to DC against tunnelers, the trick is to make tunnelers DC by being really, really hard to catch.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

The only times I ever dc is when the comnection is so bad that I cant even run in a straight line. I imagine other teammates have it the same as they just stand there and not attempt anything.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532

Its the button mashing struggling phase that makes it inesxcusably annoying.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Maybe you should stop playing since you obviously hate the game so much, maybe try Civilization?

• pungent_stench
    pungent_stench Member Posts: 131

entitled survivors expecring to play the game.

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307

Quit crying about someone utilizing the game mechanics offered to them. Not everyone is going to play your way.

Not only is DC'ing a pathetic attempt to "get back" at someone, but really you're just sacrificing all your points and making it easier for the killer. Way to pull one over on them lmao.

• pungent_stench

it has nothing to do with retaliation. it means i have better things to do with my time. talk about "playground rules".

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307

Clearly not, if you'd rather DC than be sacrificed. You just lost all of the points you earned throughout that match. Sounds more like a waste of time to me.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

DS and the killer can’t tunnel. :) put on DH or SB with it.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Then go do those things. Dont queue up and DC just because you dont like how it's going. Simply dont play.

• pungent_stench
    edited April 2019

i got tunneled to death by a wraith last night while using mettle of man and dead hard. yes, i am that sick of tunneling that i used both. a very long chase but he never relented, nor did the 3 randies do more than one gen.

• pungent_stench

being an adult, means thinking for myself. thanks though.

• pungent_stench
    edited April 2019

the process begins with the killer. they want to be a bad word....there are consequences.

• pungent_stench

i will never change and i doubt you will either. enjoy.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

You mean they want to play the game as it has been given to them.

And you want to blame them? Not the survivors who "DC because it's a waste of my time"?

Your bias is showing.

• pungent_stench

=D

• pungent_stench

yes, expecting survivors to endure whatever malarkey is thrown at them is unbiased. far be it from a killer to not tolerate 4 aspiring noob3's.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@pungent_stench then learn how to lose the killer.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Entitled survivor confirmed. Being bad at the game is everyone elses fault, not his.

"The big bad killers are trying to kill me".

All killers step aside and let this man/boy/######### do gens in peace and safely walk out the exit gates unharmed. Dont even look at him, he'll dc. Hes entitled to escape, hes a survivor.

What a clown.

This discussion has been closed.