Favor a Killer & Ban a Killer system

Hello,

I have noticed a lot of survivors tend to D/C against certain killers. I know this may make queuing longer for certain people favoring certain killers. In order to make games more enjoyable to both sides. DBD should seriously consider creating a system where solo survivors can choose up to a certain number of killers they do not want to face, and a killer they would enjoy facing.

This would eliminate those Plague = D/C survivors as an example. As the number of Killers grow the number you can select can go up as well.

This system could be ported to Survive with Friends by a voting system as well.

Comments

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Or they could just stop being a bunch of cowards and entitled babies ;-)

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Or we could just reinforce the punishments for DCing.. that'd also solve the issue.

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

Heavier enforcement of D/C penalties would be much better for the game than this, while also being easier to implement.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited April 2019

You are basically asking to let survivors choose which killers they will face. Oh lets play against Pig or Wraith and take premonition/object to make them literally useless. Naah better lets go against Freddy, everyone have adrenaline, self care and spine chill? Good, ready up.

As soon as something like this goes live you will see Hillbilly in 90% of games. Enjoy.

Just make people who dc wait in queue. More dcs per season = longer waiting time.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Or killers could stop exploiting mechanics cough Legion cough and his multiple exploits currently.

Oh and speaking of a bunch of cowards and entitled babies killers should stop lobby dodging to cherry pick or dcing when they don't get their map, don't like offerings etc.

• 1oldroad
    1oldroad Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2019

I actually disagree with this, favoring doesn't mean you are guaranteed the killer. Banning the killer would guarantee that you do not face the killer. If you are still having an issue with the favoring system, seeing the ban a killer system would still allow for randomization of killer that you wouldn't be able to build survivor perks to a specific killer. Granted this may be more for casual players and utilizing this option should not impact your survival/killer/season score at all.

I absolutely despise legion, and the doctor. I do not D/C from them, but I would enjoy the game more if I do not face them. While I love encounters with the Hillbilly, I get chased all game long it is a lot of fun for me. I am not sure how the back end works or if you are just paired randomly but I am sure something like this could be implemented. It may not be right now, but big picture should definitely be considered to keep the player base happier with entering matches.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

This would be heavily abused (most no one wants to face the strongest killers) and practice makes perfect. The more you go against a killer and learn how to play against them, the better you'll get against them. If select to "ban" them, you'd never learn how to play against them, though.

DCing is against the rules, anyway. We shouldn't accommodate people who break the rules like that and screws over anyone who happens to play along-side them. I've seen other people suggest longer wait times depending on how much someone DCs and I support that.