Killer DC with hatch open equals survivor automatically gets it.

Options

Just had a guy void me of two dailies because he would rather DC than let me get the hatch. I love how he was so insanely patient about the whole thing with a standoff and all. But then decides to DC when it was clear I wasn't going to budge.

I mean ffs as killer I ALWAYS give the standoff away because unless I need a stack. The survivor always has more to gain there.

Comments

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354
    Options

Terrible idea, survivors would be encoruged to hide in lockers and not risk looking for the hatch.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Why didn't you repair generators or just jump in?

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,807
    Options

Not really. Who wants to wait around all day if they have a chance to find the hatch.

• ASurvkillivorer
    edited April 2019
    Options

I was doing a gen right next to the hatch. I had a feeling he wanted me to activate NOED. Or if I go far enough away and look for totems come and hit me far enough to be able to hit me a 2nd time. He had the whole hatch surrounded in at least 4 traps in various places in the grass. So he knew there wasn't anything I could do about it. I am probably getting one shotted or get insanely lucky not to walk into a trap if I had to bolt to the hatch. He DCed when I failed 3 skillchecks on the nearly completed gen. Obviously because he thought it was about to be over when he NOEDs me but realized I wasn't going to finish it. Didn't help the situation any that one exit gate was direclty in front of us and the other poorly spawned right near by. Why would I jump in when I know he will grab me with 2 dailies to complete from it on a character I don't even want to use.

• ASurvkillivorer
    Options

If anything he could've had me early and decided to do this standoff that he decides to DC on like a baby.

At first I actually thought he was giving me the hatch. He spots me hiding after I noticed him patrolling an area but I couldn't see the hatch yet. He looks at me but doesn't hit me. I run straight next to where the hatch is but notice one trap. The irony is had he hit me...I would've ran directly into a trap to the left and this would've been over.

• Orion
    Options

Inversely, why would he hit you when he knows you'd just get away?

Was he moving at all? Could've been AFK in front of the hatch and thought the explosions were you vaulting or whatever.

• ASurvkillivorer
    edited April 2019
    Options

He had the hatch locked down with traps and I wasn't actually sure where it was yet. Had he smacked me I would've ran into one for sure as I had a correct hunch the hatch was going to be right at the area I ran to.

Partial luck on my part I saw him put 3 traps here earlier in the match when someone was hooked. I didn't realize and didnt think he had enough time to make the slight adjustments needed to them all defend the hatch. So had he hit me I likely would've ran right into one his 4+ traps as a gambler or I just go away from the hatch if I choose the wrong direction and he downs me. Prob get in the trap for sure.

nah not afk. He was making little movements and screwing with traps when he knew for a fact I was on the gen.

If the roles got reversed. I would've hit him and hoped he runs right into the trap. The traps can't do anything if I can slowly navigate through them. He double screwed himself and me.

• Orion
    Options

And how would he know you weren't sure where it was? How would he know you would've likely run into the trap? How would he know what you were thinking at the time?

• p1ague
    p1ague Member Posts: 101
    Options

I think you may have found the baby

• ASurvkillivorer
    Options

Are you going to read my posts or do mental gymnastics to disagree with me? Its of zero consequence if he doesn't know that. I either do know where the hatch is and run into his traps after he hits me or I don't and he just chases me and downs me. He doesn't need to know anything about what im thinking. Or ya know...god forbid I don't run into those traps and do hatch. You saying the proper course of action was for him to DC like a little #########? Because it sounds like it.

I already explained why he had no reason to not take a swing at me. He had the entire hatch locked down for traps. Why would anyone assume I am just going to perfectly run through the grass and avoid all of the traps he has up and hatch? There is zero reason to even put the traps there if he isn't going to make use of them. Which he decided not to by letting me casually walk past them

• ASurvkillivorer
    Options

Guy DCs because he can't beat me through the games means. Clearly I am in the wrong here.

LMAO.

• p1ague
    Options

Not sure if you thought I was talking about you or just seconding it, but I did just experience the counterpoint to this again as killer; I sacrificed 3 players, and the remaining Claudette just crouched in the grass and in corners for 15 minutes, within exactly 1 attack cooldown's sprint of the hatch she had found long ago. I don't actually know what this player did to avoid crows before I finally spotted them, but I would assume the bare exploit minimum. That's extremely detrimental, and it ultimately wasn't even worth my time to stick around, even though I did finally spot her in a corner and get in my one hit to get rid of her. In no way should a **** like that get any reward for holding a game hostage to their idiocy. Unless you mean "gets it" as in someone kneecaps them at the grocery store later.

• ASurvkillivorer
    Options

I thought you were joking that he was the killer I played with.

Your situation is a lot different. I had no intention of waiting around but he made it clear my only option was to hope he backed off of the hatch. Or get grabbed or NOEDED.

There needs to be a timer that has some negative impact to survivors outside of the crows in that situation. I too have experienced survivors refusing to leave or do anything at all once its clear they can't win with. There would be exceptions obviously. Primarily when the hatch ISNT spawned. I can't say I have experienced survivors refusing to leave wit hthe hatch open. Only when they need 2 gens for the hatch to even spawn and they just have no chance. So they decide to do nothing and hope I DC cause thats really fair. Just hide from me likely in some tiny spot voiding crows.

I don't like the hatch AT ALL. It encourages dickish behavior by people and it also makes other players give up or start working against eachother. What the guy did in my game was outright BS. Well if I can't win I am leaving and taking my ball with me!!! waaahhh. I thanked him for the bold points afterwards. Hope he enjoyed his nothing.

• p1ague
    Options

Oh, OK, yeah that's exactly what I meant, that response was just a tiny bit ambiguous so I wasn't sure if you thought I was agreeing with the DC "strategy"

I definitely didn't think you would support that refusing to leave behavior, just pointing out that this idea would inadvertently benefit them.. And realistically, those douches are probably in the majority unfortunately.