The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PSA: Potential Counter to Survivor Looping, Killer "Crab Walking"

Peasant
Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

I know, it sounds stupid but bear with me. I have been experimenting with different ways to run loops for a while and from my experience, crab walking has helped me catch up to survivors much faster than normal walking.

So as long as you have Enduring or just don't care about stuns just try crab walking at loops for a match or two, the results may surprise you!

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’ve always thought that it could actually make loops easier on you.

• TMoser
    TMoser Member Posts: 17

Sorry for the players that don't know all the ins and outs whats crab walking?

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@TMoser It's, it's when you walk sideways, like a crab. Crabwalking.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I thought this was a normal thing people would do to counter loops? Ik i've done it alot and it works quite well too.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I usually forget about A and D and only steer with the mouse, that helps running more smoothly and closer to the loop. Does crab walking work the same way?

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Orion you need to read this.😉

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

PSA: looping has no counter. Survivors made sure of that when they lobbied for patch 1.1.1.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

If I see a killer crab walking I assume they're using whispers lmao, I guess that would make a pretty funny mindgame, especially if it works.

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422

2500 hours and I have never heard of crab walking, isn't it just double backing in a loop

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It does work, I tried it.

• TMoser
    TMoser Member Posts: 17

cool ty ill give it a go ty again

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355

Isnt this a normal strat u use at some point? I mean, as a killer you gotta keep up and get better playing. I thought this was a normal strat you realize to do after the experience you get in games.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Haha, I do this all the time it's great!