The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I feel like Legions power was basically deleted.

Really liked this killers design and enjoyed playing them when not using exploits. While I didn't really like playing against them I was hoping that the rework would fix this.

Instead I feel like they took a killer I enjoyed and deleted them from the game.

Their power seems like it will be akin to freddy and hurt them more than help. So the best strategy will be to just pretend you dont have a power and just chase people down. It would make playing them one of the least worthwhile experiences. At least with Freddy he forces you to think a bit differently sometimes, but with the New Legion it will be like playing Trapper without traps, Hillbilly without chainsaw, etc...

I'm just unbelievably sad. I guess I want to see a discussion to hopefully make the situation look not as bad as it seems. Hopefully I'm proven wrong by the PtB.

Like to hear your thoughts.

Comments

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

Wait for ptb and see how it plays first as well as check out the add on changes. With the old power there was no way around the exploits or lack of counterplay, a killer can unintentionally create a 0 chance scenario just playing them. Seems like you're judging without actually seeing the product so be a bit patient. A lot of people talking without testing like when peeps said legion needed a buff and had exploits and uncounterable down mechanics. Lots of people didn't see how he was.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Incirion I think they're changing it so that you get the initial hit with FF (after hitting everyone else), and then chase down the victim at normal speed. I'm waiting to see how the changes work out, too, though. I saw they were increasing the time in FF and I'm guessing it's to increase the possibility of getting to everyone. Depends on how much of an increase it is, though.

• Wolfange
    Wolfange Member Posts: 20

i was loving legion he was good fun to play and fun play against more ancient play ninja and sneaky and legion delete the pallet loop and ######### survivor who tea bag.....

And now what they killed the most fun killer who was the essence of dbd play sneaky try to disapper with a little dark corner etc just ######### devs i'm happy i have stop this game fews weeks ago .....

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

They're decreasing movement speed also "slower than bloodlust 3."

So increased time, but less movement speed. So he has even LESS map pressure now too.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Legion shouldn't have a stun after FF anymore, because his DW is absolute garbage it's no threat and using your power to jump over pallets is a HINDRANCE because you need to cancel the power to hit them normally which gives you a stun, thereby destroying the point of hoping over a pallet in the first place because they just keep running.

The stun was to give Survivors time to run after you made their timer smaller with a hit, giving them a chance to run. But now that feature is gone so the best way to use the power is hop over pallets but if you don't hit anyone you shouldn't get the stun.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

btw that's somewhere from 120-130%. Likely 125% which is about what the wraith is when cloaked.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Incirion @ people they won't know you're speaking to them. It doesn't notify them. I'm not entirely sure on how I feel about this change. I've been saying for a while that his normal speed should be that of a normal killer and that his frenzy should be longer, which are two things they've included. I don't know how the rest will work out in game, though. I'll have to test it out before I can judge.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Where is the change listed?

• Dreadlok
    Dreadlok Member Posts: 18

So, a killer that everyone loathed and was fairly fun to play, is just gonna be a killer everyone ignores.

I get the changes to make the mend timer not moving in terror radius. But to lose Frenzy because of a missed hit?

A killer that sucks in end game, will now be forced to camp and tunnel so they have any chance of getting kills before the end game arrives. Yeah, that won't piss off any survivors. 😕

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

You'd probably be more effective WITHOUT using Feral Frenzy now. It seems like his power hurts him rather than do good

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

This is what happens when you put out a killer with a power specifically designed around trying to please survivors instead of killers, which is exactly what Legion was from Day 1. Plot twist, the killer community finally figured out how to maximize on such a weak half-assed power, Legion went from being laughable to crazy effective in the right hands, survivors decided to boycott playing against him by DC'ing and moaning, $$$ income was threatened, so now they've dropped the nerf hammer because they can't figure out how to fix and properly balance a power that was never meant to be good to begin with.

I usually play Legion in, what I have to assume, is the manner they're aiming on pigeonholing folks into having to play them, anyway. But losing frenzy over a missed hit, lowering frenzy speed to a gimped blood lust speed, requiring a full bar refresh, requiring add-ons to bring back some standard frenzy benefits, losing blood tracking in frenzy with sound still so jacked up in this game...I seriously regret the millions of BP I spent P3-ing Legion and the money I spent on 'em.

But I'm sure they'll take all the PTB feedback into account, right? Like after their original PTB release feedback... right? "Grain of salt... pretty good job so far."

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692
    edited April 2019

M1 is the new M2.