ruin needs a literal nerf

adamn
adamn Member Posts: 217

okay this perk is absolutely ridiculous now. all tiers affect all survivors which is too impacting on the outcome of the match. it needs to be reverted to its old form. it’s extremely unbalanced and slows the game down too much when everyone is affected when the killer only has tier 1. and don’t start with “break the totem and quit complaining” because i’m not saying that. i think it just needs to be reverted.

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Why is tier 1 unbalanced but tier 3 isn't?

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Hit great skill checks

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited April 2019

Trust me, hex totem are easy to find and always get break around 1~2 minutes (Unless dev decide to fix this bs)

Step 1: Find generator

Step 2: Go look around the generator

If you didn't find it go back Step 1

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

This is the only issue I've got with Ruin because it's the same across all tiers instead of having to upgrade it for better usage like every other perk. IT should either be reverted or just remove tiers.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@powerbats they are actually adding the base effect on all tiers on some more perks than just ruin and I support that. Spine chill and premonition are useful in all ranks now. Kindred also got changed. :)

• QwrtyMan213
    QwrtyMan213 Member Posts: 243

Someone else who thinks this. Finally! The grind in this game is real.

• powerbats

Agreed and I can understand why they did it as a BP sink since if you remove tiers you've got to rework the bp or make stuff more expensive. Both of which would cause a huge uproar similar to when Blizzard changed the damage numbers which in their case was their own fault for inflating it nonstop.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

Ruin is not OP

it just feels bad to go up against since it turns a good thing , In this case good skill checks. It’s like if you reward a dog for doings X, then suddenly you punch them in the face for doing X.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

I miss the days where I was still affected by Ruin... I was so pure and innocent back then.

OP, learn to hit skill checks. Problem solved.

• Spectro
    Spectro Member Posts: 42

Ruin isn't actually that good of a perk. You can learn to hit perfects or even if you can't, you can still get the gens done.

The only reason ruin is considered strong, especially at low ranks is because the survivors spend time looking for the totem instead of doing gens. A team that only does gens will power through them with or without ruin.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Wheres the LOL button when you need it?

You can literally destroy the perk, it can even spawn next to gens or you can even spawn on it yourself!!

• powerbats

Realistically it's newer players that have issues with Ruin especially given how tiers are pretty much meaningless now.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2019

Ruin Overpowered? behave.

Im not kidding when i say this 1 of the 4 survivors WILL spawn within 20 metres of it.

Whether they find it or not is a case of gettin gud.

Totem spawns are predictable and easy to find, that's if i suspect NoED, if it's Ruin i just work through it.

You seen what happens to any killer that isn't Nurse or Billy and has no Ruin?

The game is over in less than 5 minutes.

Regardless of tiers most Killers running Ruin will have it maxed out at anything above rank 15 so they could revert it but it won't really change anything.

It's best to learn to rid totems or hit skill-checks in the long run.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

Bruh learn how to hit great skill checks..

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@GraviteaUK I play Hag and Spirit without ruin, it's totally fine. With Spirit, she's amazing and able to pressure gens easily, fast chasing, and I run STBFL to be a strong chaser. I also got a lot better at chasing.

Hag, is a lot tougher. I sacrifice 2 gens to trap the routes and some loops in the map, by then, the map is likely ton be split so I keep one half with all the gens on lockdown, I get one guy and hook him deep into my web, and I snowball from there, as trying to unhook is so dangerous, that I tend to get another guy on a hook, and with 2 people on hook, it's smooth from there.

I just don't run Ruin anymore unless it's Trapper. Once you get used to it, it's not even that bad.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2019

Hag and Spirit are top 5 though, and both have the ability to map pressure due to teleports via traps and phase walking speed all 4 of those killers have movement enhancing abilities.

If you take the likes of Trapper, Bubba, Freddy, Pig, Clown, Wraith, Huntress on any map with see-through walls or alot of hatchet blockers., Legion ( has sprint but really slow outside it), Plague

Map pressure is extremely difficult especially if it's a farm or large map like Temple.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

Most of the time Ruin is useless. It gets destroyed very quickly or Surviors plow through gens regardless. I barely use it and use other perks instead. As Monto uses to say“To slow the game down, just a little bit“

So either waste time to finde the totem or learn to hit skilchecks.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Maybe the legion should also grab the toolbox and help you to repair gens? 😂

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Ruin needs a buff for all I care, I never cleanse the totem unless I find it on accident, Ruin is easily powered through and a tactic called "Gen Tapping" exists, also Stake Out counters Ruin greatly, the perk is really weak and is cleansed in the first 10 seconds of the trial

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    edited April 2019

You asked for it: “break the totem and quit complaining”

I guess you complain about NOED too. Silly survivor :-D

Post edited by RoKrueger on
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    edited April 2019

Learn to hit the great skill checks or run small game to find the totem. JuSt bReAk ThE tOtEm 4HeAd

• Incurable_BOFA
    Incurable_BOFA Member Posts: 105

I miss the lol reaction button

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296
    edited April 2019

Ruin isnt good vs good survivors or people who spawn next to the totem. But its bad game design. Its nearly useless vs good people and bad people will lose hardcore because of it.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

Survivors complaining make me wanna put on some big ol' shoes, a fluffy wig, and unicycle my way down the street, honking my nose as I watch the world burn.

*honk honk*

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

It's bad design on top of bad design really. As long as the matches end this quickly, ruin will be needed as a band-aid for the slower killers with no map pressure, period.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

If anything ruin needs a buff. Great skillcheckzones should be smaller making it harder to hit them. As of now ruin only affects bad survivors who can't hit great skillchecks and thus isn't useful sometimes despite it being a hex totem which means it can literally be destroyed in 14 seconds.

Yesterday I had a game as survivor against a Huntress at "the game" (map) and me and the other survivors finished 4 out of 5 generators WITH ruin. Then someone found ruin and we casually repaired the last one and got out. Solo player btw.

So an organized SWF team consiting of survivor-veterans would have destroyed the Huntress even more badly.

As I said: Ruin needs a buff - not a nerf.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Great skill check would like to have a word with this thread.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,234

Not the same thing at all.... Can you not equip Small Game or hit great skill checks 50% of the time? Ruin is the one thing that makes games playable for half the killer roster.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Yes, nerf one of the most balanced perks in the game x.x

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

They should just remove Ruin completely and then make it base kit for all killers. If it's something that you HAVE to run to have any chance at all playing the game, then it's something that you shouldn't have to waste a perk slot for.

• Incirion
  • GrootDude

@Incirion ruin isn’t needed. Sloppy and PGTW are more consistent.

• Incirion

Which of those can stop three gens from getting completed in the first chase?

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532

Your account was made literally yesterday and you remind me of a certain Laurie avatar user that’s been maliciously attacking killer perks recently...

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

There was no point to using tier 1 and 2 before cause it's impact was minimal. Afaik the regression effect gets a bit stronger now with higher tiers, but with every new dlc bringing effectively 9 perks into a bloodweb (3 tiers of 3 perks) it makes it harder and harder to get those decent perks on a killer. Ruin being like this gives players the ability to benefit from it without having to invest a hundred levels of bloodpoints to get the perk in a useful state.

If you're finding ruin that bad, try Small Game or Stake Out.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I actually uploaded a purple rank game a few weeks ago (without ruin) and killed all survivors after a couple minutes and they only finished 1 generator. Does that mean ruin isn't necessary? Hell no - all it means is the survivors were bad - really bad.

Good survivors can get chased for minutes no matter how "smart" the killer plays. And good survivors can also fix several (or even all) gens in a few minutes.

The following video is from Zubat - a veteran player - who played as Hillbilly (strong killer). Despite his experience and skills he ONLY JUST managed to kill one single survivor in front of the open exit gate.

They finished 4 generators in 3 minutes(!)

NOW imagine it was a less experienced player who played a weaker killer (Freddy for instance).

• punisher89_x
    punisher89_x Member Posts: 42
  • GrootDude

@Incirion you can. You’re the killer. Act like it.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507
    edited April 2019

Wanna know what’s unbalanced? SWF so if you complain about a perk that can be broken in seconds and remove a perk from the killer then idk what to tell u. Lol reaction I miss u!

must be a rank 21.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    edited April 2019

Why do you want to nerf a perk instead of trying to get better at the game?

Practice skill checks and you'll be able to hit them more often. Or just gen tap like so many people do.

Or even better go find the totem and cleanse it.