So you guys reworked legion, time to deal with MoM then.

Mettle of man gets the axe next, it makes killers who already struggle even more unfun to play.

A perk that just lets you tank hits with no real drawback of consequence (lets not lie to ourselves, aura reading isn't a drawback unless you're fight a nurse)

If you know how to pallet loops killers then them being able to see you does nothing, and you can pack decisive strike to make sure they don't want to touch you.

Using mettle should give you the hindered effect for the duration of the match instead, it makes sense lore wise (you are literally using willpower to avoid death) and would give it a real drawback balance wise.

Comments

• harley_gibson
    harley_gibson Member Posts: 49

It let's you tank A SINGLE hit and after that is useless. Also there is a lot of killers will counter play to this.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with this perk.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

its funny that still ppl cry about MoM they wont do nothing and they fixing a issue so i hope they fix soon the problem and it will get balance

• wisdom
    wisdom Member Posts: 216

It is completely broken against killers it does affect. Having an instant heal with no penalty should not be that difficult to see why.

though I will admit that’s having some killers it is bad against detours people from using it, but when it becomes usable against the nurse like it isn’t intended to be, you will be seeing it pretty much every game, since it is strong against nurse, billy, spirit, hag, and Myers.

because I know I’d risk having 1 less perk against Huntress, Plague, and Legion to have an instant heal against pretty much every other killer in the game.

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247
    edited April 2019

It's not healthy for the game, removing risk is not healthy.

Turning survivors into tanky little things that act like landmines when you down them...no thanks

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

then let me show you:

MoM basically rewards you for failing 3 times, therefore letting you avoid anything that puts you in the dying state once.

basically, you get rewraded for failure, which translates to bad game design. there is no counterplay to it for majority of the killers, which also makes it feel unfair.

people would have less problems with the perk, if there was something the survivors needed tp do in order to gain their MoM stacks. like, tanking hits for the team grants you 1 token and 3 tokens let you avoid getting downed.

currently there are only very few killers who can work around this perk, one of them being billy. if they release a perk that screws pretty much all but billy, people will play billy more. and i think we have all seen the "nerf billy" threats in here...

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Perk is fine. Cry louder killer main.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

You don't see anything wrong with this perk.

May I ask you politely, do you play killer at the red ranks?

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

It seems pretty good for the time I've used it but I've been avoiding it until they fix it against nurse.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@harley_gibson The problem isn't the perk itself but when it's combo'd with other perks it ends up being a problem. Mix it in with Adrenaline, Dead Hard and Decisive Strike and you basically have a survivor who can dodge an insane amount of hits and TANK a lot of hits. There's nothing you as a killer can do about it, unless you're playing Leatherface or Hillbilly.

• Condorloco_26

@se05239 Even the chainsaw bros and Huntress are prone to get hit by it, especially late game. With all those high walls everywhere, Huntress has to M1 (R2 for me) a lot of times, and not always will you be able to chainsaw people in close quarters. Or SWF will just take hits while you're carrying people, blocking the hook so you're forced to swing at them.

I know it because I play those 3 almost exclusively now.

And once they've charged MoM, they'll remain injured so they can tank *ANY* attack.

• Condorloco_26

A good change would be, as a lot of people have already mentioned, to turn MoM into a bodyblocking perk which would get tokens in the same way as WGLF.

But take a seat while you're waiting. This isn't getting the Soon TM treatment, not even that.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123

Which is why I think each perk should have a point value, and you'd have a certain point limit so that you couldn't use all those perks that you described at once.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Not gonna happen. They accepted the killer complaints and balance issues, just like old DS. Its a price they pay to keep survivors paying them.

• No1TheLarch
    No1TheLarch Member Posts: 221
    edited April 2019

The problem is its strong against weak killers who have no counter play (Freddy, doctor, wraith, clown) who literally can only m1 you, and not useful against strong killers (Huntress, Billy, Nurse, Plague). The only strong killers it is effective against are Spirit and Hag. Therefore it is poorly designed because it doesnt really add anything to the survivors kit other then being even stronger against weak killers, discouraging people from playing them. In a well matched game having to hit each person an additional time spells near certain defeat.

My favorite killer to play is wraith, but I have decided not to play him anymore because being dunked on by MoM. so I play Huntress and Billy now, not my favorites but at least I dont have to deal with MoM.

As a solution I propose, (again) Mettle of Man counters 1shots instead. Start with the perk active, upon taking damage that would put you into the dying state from healthy, become injured instead, then the perk deactivates. When the exit gates have been powered(all gens done) MoM activates again. This way MoM would better counter strong 1shot killers (Billy and Myers and Camping Leatherfaces, Irridesecent head), while not affecting killers are weaker. Also this would give survivors a needed counter to toxic perks like Make Your Choice and Hex: No-One Escapes Death. It would also be situational now as if the killer is a freddy who doesnt play toxicly it would be useless, Like Iron Maiden, if the survivors have a brain and dont use lockers.

@zaozaoxx Now now, I agree with your sentiment but they are just clueless I think. No need to throw insults as it wont convince anyone. Billy, Huntress, and Plague also counter MoM but they are already strong.

• Duty_Sucks
    Duty_Sucks Member Posts: 22

Mettle of man is a horrible perk, there's a lot of killers which will never basic attack, like huntress.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

This perk needs to be nerfed to the ground like the devs did to legion.

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

Literally only 3 killers can attack you using only their abilities. Leatherface, Billy and huntress. Every other killer is required to use m1 to hit you. 3/15 killers, that's 20% of the killers. So no, there aren't a lot of killers that don't use basic attacks, the majority of killers can only use basic attacks to hit survivors. So the perk is extremely powerful against the majority of killers.